Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

Default OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

I have been a fan and have supported him all along. Last week he didn't look good and I chalked it up to lack of camp practice. Tonight he looks like a highschool 2nd stringer trying to play in the NFL!!! ... It's painful to watch!

Somebody tell me why I should not be worried.

Geno Smith would be worse? If your're going to swing and miss, better to do so on a QB. At least he can potentially turn a franchise into a playoff contender every year. Geno played well in about 8 games last year, and looked bad in about 8 others. So far he has looked very good in the preseason. When the Jets are extending Geno to a new deal 4 years from now and the Chiefs are looking for answers at LT, we'll all be wishing we would have taken the guy everyone passed on in the 1st round.

Fisher - "Give the dude time to develop" Geno - "LOL DUDE SUCKS"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    #1 overall picks shouldn't need to "develop and hone" their skills. They are supposed to be the best player in the draft. The fact that we have a guy who was taken #1 overall and sucks right now is embarassing. Make all the excuses you want, the #1 overall pick shouldn't look completely lost on the field.
    And they normally get to play at the position they played in college right from the get-go. But, as we know, that wasn't the case with Fisher, now was it?

Of course, if that had been Albert going through the same sequence that Fisher had gone through in these first two preseason games, you would've been making every excuse under the sun to defend Albert. So your talking out of a black hole there.

Nobody here has made excuses for Fisher. We've all stated that he needs to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    And they normally get to play at the position they played in college right from the get-go. But, as we know, that wasn't the case with Fisher, now was it?

Of course, if that had been Albert going through the same sequence that Fisher had gone through in these first two preseason games, you would've been making every excuse under the sun to defend Albert. So your talking out of a black hole there.

Nobody here has made excuses for Fisher. We've all stated that he needs to improve.
    Your very first sentence is an excuse, so yes, you're making excuses. But thanks for helping me prove my point. A #1 overall pick that isn't versatile enough to play RT, and still is not good at LT all the same. Hooray! So glad we picked him first overall. If you can't display that kind of versatility as a #1 overall pick, well that's not good.

Cant any wait for your next post that will continue to point fingers at Albert, who is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

I can't believe there are still Geno Smith drummers on this board. Let it go guys! Geno Smith is not a Chief and I am the happiest camper about that. I'm gonna go out on the limb here, by I predict a more solid NFL career for Fisher than Geno Smith. Barring misfortunes of course.

Your very first sentence is an excuse, so yes, you're making excuses. But thanks for helping me prove my point. A #1 overall pick that isn't versatile enough to play RT, and still is not good at LT all the same. Hooray! So glad we picked him first overall. If you can't display that kind of versatility as a #1 overall pick, well that's not good.

Cant any wait for your next post that will continue to point fingers at Albert, who is completely irrelevant to this discussion.
    Nice try, but you fail. Fisher playing out of position isn't an excuse, it's a statement of fact. He didn't do as badly at RT as I thought he would and considering he was playing hurt.

Albert is irrelevant in this discussion, when you are holding Fisher to a whole different standard then what you did with Albert, just because you wanted Geno Buttfumble 2.0 drafted.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-23-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Y'know.....Fisher will probably not turn out to be the greatest #1 overall pick in the History of the NFL. But it wasn't a very impressive draft class either. So long as he turns into a major contributor to the Chiefs then that is good enough.

As for Geno Smith, his rookie year was certainly no more impressive than Fisher's. Worse IMO. Certainly not worth the # pick overall. And that is what we'd have had to spend to get him.

That one fell about ten yards short of making any sense whatsoever. The reason why Albert keeps coming into the picture, is that he was our LT before Fisher entered the picture, and WAS the reason why our first round draft pick had to play out of position. Yes, Fisher needs work, and has a long way to go before he makes anyone forget about Will Shields or Willie Roaf.

Okay so you don't like Fisher, who would you have taken as first overall in last years' draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    That one fell about ten yards short of making any sense whatsoever. The reason why Albert keeps coming into the picture, is that he was our LT before Fisher entered the picture, and WAS the reason why our first round draft pick had to play out of position. Yes, Fisher needs work, and has a long way to go before he makes anyone forget about Will Shields or Willie Roaf.

Okay so you don't like Fisher, who would you have taken as first overall in last years' draft?
    He still wanted Geno Smith, even after a trade for Alex Smith had already been done.

I was always for Geno. Never waivered. He had his ups and downs last year, but led the Jets to 8 wins as a rookie while throwing to the likes of Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, and whoever else the Jets could trot out. When you get a chance to draft a rookie at the QB position that can lead you to perennial playoff appearances, I firmly believe you do it instead of wasting it on an o-lineman that won't come close to doing the same. If they both bust, they both bust. But only one is capable of carrying a whole franchise like Brees, Brady, Peyton, etc.

I mean just look at this list? Any of these guys turn their franchise around like a QB can? Nope. http://t.co/OEzxpXsjQY. Meanwhile, pretty much every Super Bowl team does so behind average O-lines. You don't need to spend on these supposedly elite guys when good will do just fine.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 08-23-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast