Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

Default OK now I'm officially worried about Fisher!

I have been a fan and have supported him all along. Last week he didn't look good and I chalked it up to lack of camp practice. Tonight he looks like a highschool 2nd stringer trying to play in the NFL!!! ... It's painful to watch!

Somebody tell me why I should not be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I think he's talking about Tim Grunhard, but Grunhard never played LT. When he's able to provide quotes from a guy like Willie Roaf, who actually played the position, that Fisher has only had two pro starts at in his time in the NFL, then I'll accept it as credible.

I know they aren't coming from Andy Reid.
    LOL. I get it now. Nothing logical or currently factual will matter to you until Fisher either proves you right or wrong. There is no point in debating this anyway until he becomes what he becomes. I don't wish him failure and it does us really no good pointing out the realistic reasons why I am skeptical he will become what we need him to become.

BTW. Willie Roaf was a huge man and one of the strongest players in the NFL. He physically destroyed players. His opinion on how to play the position would be completely different from how Eric will have to play it. Eric will need require more technique and use his speed similar to that of a one undersized pro-bowl Center that you find less credible. But I would like to say. Grunhardt is not saying he is or will be a bust. He is just pointing out the obvious things he needs to work on, but did say some of those things are not easily developed. So there is still hope.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    The teams OL is a busted, the defense sucks, we have no pass coverage, we have no pass rush, we have no qb, we have no hope! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SEASON IS OVER, THERE IS NO HOPE EVER! Glad the season has not yet started, or I might become a negative person. Maybe I should not wait until games are played, and just give up. So much Negatived, breeds more! Stop IT! Get behind the team with POSITIVE THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why? Why is it there is so much down thinking on this site? This used to be a place of positive thinking towards OUR TEAM! THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!
    If you can not be positive thinking, get the blank out of here. If you would start thinking positive about the team, this would be a better place. Season is not even started. Let me ask you, are any of you a coach? Are any of you privy to the training and process of the Chiefs Staff? If not shut the F up! You know exactly crap! and nothing more! Season has not even started, but so negative is all I read in so many posts. It may very well be that we have a bad season, it may well be some players do not work out. But really, lets at least let it happen. Change your thought process, put positive thinking forward.
    Season has not even begun.
    I am not usually a negative poster. Sorry I am on this issue and that won't change until my opinion changes. Your sugeesting is a forum killer. If people need to get the blank out of here for NOT circle jerking the same postive kool aid thoughts. NO ONE WOULD POST and the forum would be dead with only updates and there would be no discussions. No one will continue to post. There will be an article published, people will say YUP!!! or that Sucks and then go about there business until the next article and people will just stop coming to the forum because they can get those updates anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    LOL. I get it now. Nothing logical or currently factual will matter to you until Fisher either proves you right or wrong. There is no point in debating this anyway until he becomes what he becomes. I don't wish him failure and it does us really no good pointing out the realistic reasons why I am skeptical he will become what we need him to become.

BTW. Willie Roaf was a huge man and one of the strongest players in the NFL. He physically destroyed players. His opinion on how to play the position would be completely different from how Eric will have to play it. Eric will need require more technique and use his speed similar to that of a one undersized pro-bowl Center that you find less credible. But I would like to say. Grunhardt is not saying he is or will be a bust. He is just pointing out the obvious things he needs to work on, but did say some of those things are not easily developed. So there is still hope.
    Roaf was listed as 6' 5" and 305 when he was drafted by N.O. in 1993 and when he was with the Chiefs he was listed as at 320 lbs. He wasn't huge by Jonathan Ogden or Tony Boselli or Lincoln Kennedy standards. He was great because of his blocking skills.

Sorry, but you are incorrect when you say "Nothing logical or currently factual will matter to you until Fisher either proves you right or wrong. There is no point in debating this anyway until he becomes what he becomes", because you have said it was a mistake to put Fisher at LT, whereas I have said Fisher should get that same chance that Albert got to hone his skills at the LT position and let time tell whether or not it was a mistake. Besides, LT was what Fisher played in college, whereas Albert never did play that position in college.

BTW, how do you go from quoting Grunhard as saying "he lacks certain skills and those skills are not something you can develop" to saying "but did say some of those things are not easily developed". Well, which is it?

Roaf was listed as 6' 5" and 305 when he was drafted by N.O. in 1993 and when he was with the Chiefs he was listed as at 320 lbs. He wasn't huge by Jonathan Ogden or Tony Boselli or Lincoln Kennedy standards. He was great because of his blocking skills.

Sorry, but you are incorrect when you say "Nothing logical or currently factual will matter to you until Fisher either proves you right or wrong. There is no point in debating this anyway until he becomes what he becomes", because you have said it was a mistake to put Fisher at LT, whereas I have said Fisher should get that same chance that Albert got to hone his skills at the LT position and let time tell whether or not it was a mistake. Besides, LT was what Fisher played in college, whereas Albert never did play that position in college.

BTW, how do you go from quoting Grunhard as saying "he lacks certain skills and those skills are not something you can develop" to saying "but did say some of those things are not easily developed". Well, which is it?
    Fisher has done nothing to earn the chance to play LT and has zero competition and based on the chance Albert got to play at LT he was learning a new position. This should be more natural for Fisher and so far this year. He looks more lost at LT than he did at RT. His only competition had rightfully earned the opportunity to start at LT but instead was moved to RT, in which he has struggled also in the offseason and is now suspended for 4 games.

I don't recall Quoting anyone or Grunhard... I paraphrased from what I have heard him say over the weeks and it is not just him. The contradiction from him is merely him trying to stay on the fence basically saying he most likley will fail, but there is other options so without completely throwing him under the bust. He says he still has a chance but needs to work on certain things. Things that you typically instinctfully have or do not have and the only way he can possibly develop those is through one and one drills and he has not been doing that. In that last game, that is exactly what Andy Reid did. He left Eric Fisher alone to pass block against one the best D line in the NFL trying to give him a crash course.

Regarding Willie Roaf. He was a member at my club years ago when he was a Chief and I could never understand how he could be as fast as he was on the field when he always walked with a limp practically dragging his leg. When I say he physicaly destroyed people I am not talking about his Mass size. I am talking about actual Muscle and pounding people to the ground. Early in Willie Roafs career he was labled the NFL strongest man for doing the most bench presses. He compared to Fisher are far apart in size so if you want Roafs opinion on how to play LT. I don't think he would do any justice for Fisher. They are not the same type of player.

Fisher has done nothing to earn the chance to play LT and has zero competition and based on the chance Albert got to play at LT he was learning a new position. This should be more natural for Fisher and so far this year. He looks more lost at LT than he did at RT. His only competition had rightfully earned the opportunity to start at LT but instead was moved to RT, in which he has struggled also in the offseason and is now suspended for 4 games.

I don't recall Quoting anyone or Grunhard... I paraphrased from what I have heard him say over the weeks and it is not just him. The contradiction from him is merely him trying to stay on the fence basically saying he most likley will fail, but there is other options so without completely throwing him under the bust. He says he still has a chance but needs to work on certain things. Things that you typically instinctfully have or do not have and the only way he can possibly develop those is through one and one drills and he has not been doing that. In that last game, that is exactly what Andy Reid did. He left Eric Fisher alone to pass block against one the best D line in the NFL trying to give him a crash course.

Regarding Willie Roaf. He was a member at my club years ago when he was a Chief and I could never understand how he could be as fast as he was on the field when he always walked with a limp practically dragging his leg. When I say he physicaly destroyed people I am not talking about his Mass size. I am talking about actual Muscle and pounding people to the ground. Early in Willie Roafs career he was labled the NFL strongest man for doing the most bench presses. He compared to Fisher are far apart in size so if you want Roafs opinion on how to play LT. I don't think he would do any justice for Fisher. They are not the same type of player.
    Fisher has done nothing to earn the chance to play LT ??....He was an LT in college, and in high school...kinda makes sense that he'd be drafted as an LT, then asked to play it at some point! The whole situation with him being put in at RT was because of Branden Albert. How many first pick, first round draftees have you seen go through a competition process, let alone play a different position? They usually either make it or they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Fisher has done nothing to earn the chance to play LT ??....He was an LT in college, and in high school...kinda makes sense that he'd be drafted as an LT, then asked to play it at some point! The whole situation with him being put in at RT was because of Branden Albert. How many first pick, first round draftees have you seen go through a competition process, let alone play a different position? They usually either make it or they don't.
    Precisely, and he destroyed his own argument with "Fisher has done nothing to earn the chance to play LT", when everyone knows that was why Fisher was drafted in the first place.

And I don't give a F*&( who he has paraphrased from. My point has been all along, that Fisher should get the same chance to develop and hone his skills at LT that Albert got, which he has NOT yet refuted and I don't care about his skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if teams playing us switch to their best running game, or switch to one or two step drop passing to beat the pass rush. This year we weren't able to make changes in the secondary roster, and didn't make any defensive coaching changes so I'm not sure we'll see much of a difference in the backfield from last year.
    god forbid the hurry up
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I am not usually a negative poster. Sorry I am on this issue and that won't change until my opinion changes. Your sugeesting is a forum killer. If people need to get the blank out of here for NOT circle jerking the same postive kool aid thoughts. NO ONE WOULD POST and the forum would be dead with only updates and there would be no discussions. No one will continue to post. There will be an article published, people will say YUP!!! or that Sucks and then go about there business until the next article and people will just stop coming to the forum because they can get those updates anywhere.
    That is fine seek, but sometimes someone needs to slap the negative out, and wake up the belief in our team.

Precisely, and he destroyed his own argument with "Fisher has done nothing to earn the chance to play LT", when everyone knows that was why Fisher was drafted in the first place.

And I don't give a F*&( who he has paraphrased from. My point has been all along, that Fisher should get the same chance to develop and hone his skills at LT that Albert got, which he has NOT yet refuted and I don't care about his skepticism.
    #1 overall picks shouldn't need to "develop and hone" their skills. They are supposed to be the best player in the draft. The fact that we have a guy who was taken #1 overall and sucks right now is embarassing. Make all the excuses you want, the #1 overall pick shouldn't look completely lost on the field.

Last year's draft class was nothing to write home about. A LT went #1 and #2 IIRC.....and neither of them has exactly set the world on fire. The truth is that our Chiefs had the rotten luck to get the #1 overall pick in one of the crappiest draft classes ever. Fisher is what he is and you can't say he is any worse than Yokel or whatever his name is. We got what we got and now we have to train him up to be an impact player. It could be worse.....we could have picked Geno Smith.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast