Charlotte, North Carolina

Television coverage:

Watch online:

WiZiWiG.tv
    VIPBox.eu
    BossCast.net
    Feed2All.eu
    TV-Link.in
    DrakulaStream.eu (Scroll down to Chiefs games)
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Weather Forcast:
    Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

Line: Panthers -2, Over/Under: 40.5

Yahoo Inside Slant:

The NFL suspended Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe for one game, the team confirmed Friday. According to ESPN, Bowe was banned for substance abuse and will miss the regular-season opener against the Tennessee Titans.

The suspension reportedly stems from an incident last November, when Bowe was stopped in Riverside, Mo., for speeding and possessing marijuana.

"Dwayne has been given a one-game suspension by the National Football League," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are disappointed in the situation and will miss him on the field, but we support the league's decision. The club will have no further comment on the matter."

Bowe, a first-time offender, pleaded guilty to amended charges of littering and defective equipment. He paid a $610 fine. The passenger in Bowe's car told police the marijuana belonged to him and that Bowe did not know it was in the car.

"I am extremely sorry that I can't be on the field for the first game of the 2014 season because I made an error in judgment," Bowe said in a statement. "I take responsibility for my mistake, and it will not happen again. I hope that my teammates, coaches, and Chiefs fans accept my sincere apology. I will be supporting my teammates in week one, and I cannot wait to get back on the field to help us win in week two and beyond as we work towards our goal of winning the Super Bowl."

Bowe can play in Sunday's preseason game against the Carolina Panthers but has been dealing with a serious finger injury. He has not missed any practice time. He made one reception for 10 yards in last week's preseason opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    --The state of the Kansas City Chiefs' offensive line was a subject of much concern as coach Andy Reid's team entered training camp. With three new starters, including the always important left tackle spot, and a very young group trying to fill the holes, the preseason schedule was going to be very important for the long-term health of running back Jamaal Charles and quarterback Alex Smith.

An opening game 41-39 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday gave Reid and his coaching staff a mixed bag to evaluate as the team returned to its training camp site at Missouri Western State University.

The No. 1 group saw action in the first quarter for just 10 plays that produced only 28 yards with one first down courtesy of a Bengals penalty. Smith was sacked and lost the ball on a fumble when he was hit by defensive end Robert Geathers. Left tackle Eric Fisher had the blocking assignment for Geathers.

But Reid was quick to provide some cover for last year's NFL No. 1 overall draft choice.

"We should have dropped deeper on that play," Reid said. "It was a three-step drop play and you can't hold it forever. You have to secure the ball as a quarterback; you have to hang onto it and go somewhere else ... I really don't blame Eric on that particularly play."

In fact, Reid liked how aggressively Fisher played in his first game after offseason surgery on his shoulder and a sports hernia. It has limited the practice time for Fisher, especially in pass protection drills.

"He played physical; on the first play he took that defensive end and knocked him right on his back," Reid said. "He kept that aggressive play all the way through. Was it all clean? No, we need to work some stuff."

At right guard, sixth-round draft choice Zach Fulton got the start and solidified his hold on the starting job there. "He did a nice job maintaining his blocks," said Reid. "He was able to sustain his blocks on the second level against linebackers. There are a couple of things that he's going to have to work on but for the most part he played a good, physical game."

Center Rodney Hudson, left guard Jeff Allen and right tackle Donald Stephenson round out the current starting group of blockers with Fisher and Fulton. That's a rookie, a second-year player, a pair of third-year blockers and a center in his fourth season. It's one of the youngest lines in the NFL, with an average age of 23.8 years.

Smith said his protection was good and that the offensive line took another step forward toward gaining that cohesion so necessary for offensive efficiency and production.

"I'm not out there thinking about the offensive line," Smith said. "Certainly we have some new faces; we're young. You have to trust those guys that they're going to do their job. It's always going to be a little bit by committee there. That's the nature of the game over 16 weeks. You've got to have more than five guys that can play."

The Chiefs' No. 2 offensive line against Cincinnati was an older group with Ryan Harris (29) and Ryan McKee (27) at the tackles, Ricky Henry (27) and Rishaw Johnson (25) at the guards and Eric Kush (24) as the center. Jeff Linkenbach (27) got some work with that group at tackle.

With a long wait until their second preseason game on Aug. 17 against the Carolina Panthers, Reid hopes for more growth from his blockers.

"We are going to take this time and keep going, trying to get better as a team," said Reid. "There's a lot of room to continue to improve. We look forward to getting better."

Notable Quotable: "It was a good feeling. I knew the coverage and I knew that if the safety went in coverage on 8-ball (wide receiver Albert Wilson), I would have a chance. I haven't felt like that since college."---WR Travis Kelce on his 69 yd catch and run for a TD against the Bengals,
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-17-2014 at 10:49 AM.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Sitting out tonight's game: S Eric Berry - Tendinitis in right heel
    DE Mike DeVito - Broken hand
    DE Mike Catapano - Viral illness

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Sitting out tonight's game: S Eric Berry - Tendinitis in right heel
    DE Mike DeVito - Broken hand
    DE Mike Catapano - Viral illness
    also out Charles with a minor foot injury
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    also out Charles with a minor foot injury
    Yeah, I just saw that. I'm OK with that. It'll save some wear 'n' tear on our biggest offensive weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Yeah, I just saw that. I'm OK with that. It'll save some wear 'n' tear on our biggest offensive weapon.
    Yep fine with it as well wouldnt want to lose all hope for the season seeing something happen to him
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Good pressure on 3rd down & the result is a 3 and out.

Good start by Chiefs defense to force 3 and out. Then offense gets a first down rushing on the first play and another first down passing on 2nd play. I'm liking what I am seeing.

"Badfinger" Bowe catches a pass for about 10 yds and a first down.

Good looking drive so far Smith threw one in traffic to Bowe and Bowe made a nice catch and held on despite a hit
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast