Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs tackle Donald Stephenson suspended four games for

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs tackle Donald Stephenson suspended four games for

0 Not allowed!
    By Darin Gantt
    The Chiefs were already worried about rebuilding an offensive line, now they’re minus a big part of what was left. The league announced that right tackle Donald Stephenson was suspended the first four games of the season for violating the performance enhancing substances policy. “Obviously losing Donald is disappointing, but we are in full compliance…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 332

0 Not allowed!
    C'mon guys. Let's lighten up. I know we are all antsy waiting for the season to start and YEAH this news surely does SUCK. But look at it in a positive light.....at least we have Alex Smith playing QB behind this O-line. Think how bad it would be if we still had "deer in the headlights" Matt Cassel. We'll get through this season.....somehow.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 588
    Given: 773

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm not living in the past. I'm looking at the team now. Fisher is awful, and our LT in 2009 (a 4-win team), is irrelevant to this discussion.

The reality of it is the Chiefs suck so bad, that they can't even lose in the right year. #1 pick in 2010, 2011, or 2013 and we would have had Cam, Luck, or Jadeveon Clowney. But no, we're stuck with Eric Fisher, a "left tackle" that is supposedly gonna be just fine with time. Awesome. So glad our #1 pick might contribute at a high level by the time his rookie contract is over. And by might, I mean it's a longshot given what he's shown us.
    Who's kidding who? If that had been Albert going though those same sequence of plays as Fisher did last Sunday, you'd be employing a double standard and defending Albert by saying things like "he didn't give up any sacks", "he played against one of the best DE's in the game" or any other excuse you could think of.

And do you think Geno Buttfumble 2.0 would be playing at any higher of a level? He'd be a turnover machine.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Not to be a smart-ash....I'm as concerned about Fisher as anyone. But for the first 4 games he will be our LT. Once Stephenson is back Fisher may be our RT. But it is what it is. These two are what we've got right now. Was Fisher the right pick last year? I dunno, only time will tell. Maybe he was a mistake. Maybe not. But does anybody really want to fire Reid or Dorsey over the Fisher pick? I thought not. So we'll play with what we've got. Hopefully Fisher will prove that we were all fools to worry.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 588
    Given: 773

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Not to be a smart-ash....I'm as concerned about Fisher as anyone. But for the first 4 games he will be our LT. Once Stephenson is back Fisher may be our RT. But it is what it is. These two are what we've got right now. Was Fisher the right pick last year? I dunno, only time will tell. Maybe he was a mistake. Maybe not. But does anybody really want to fire Reid or Dorsey over the Fisher pick? I thought not. So we'll play with what we've got. Hopefully Fisher will prove that we were all fools to worry.
    What I've been saying all along is to give Fisher the same chance that Albert was given to play LT. People were willing to give Albert a pass for both 2009 and 2010, but they won't give Fisher so much as a full season to see whether or not he can improve at LT and people like Ryfo are writing him off after just 2 games.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    What I've been saying all along is to give Fisher the same chance that Albert was given to play LT. People were willing to give Albert a pass for both 2009 and 2010, but they won't give Fisher so much as a full season to see whether or not he can improve at LT and people like Ryfo are writing him off after just 2 games.
    Exactly. We drafted him and we're surely not going to kick him to the curb because his rookie year playing out of position was less than impressive. And we surely aren't going to fire Reid or Dorsey over one pick in a poor daft class. So he's what we've got and it's Reid's job to make him the best player he can be. Even if that takes 2-3 years. Getting all upset over Fisher's performance so far is like getting all upset when you see the woman you divorced 10 years ago out on a date. We've got him and he's under contract for 3 more years. So we hope for the best....and put some faith in Reid to make Fisher the best he can be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12