Thread: Webnews: Stephenson blames suspension on unspecified prescription

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

Post Webnews: Stephenson blames suspension on unspecified prescription

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    The NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy continues to ensnare anyone but cheaters. The latest player to be suspended, Chiefs tackle Donald Stephenson, has become the latest to offer up an excuse unrelated to the intentional ingestion of a substance aimed at enhancing performance. ?”I’?m extremely sorry that I failed to check with the NFL, NFLPA, or…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

2 Not allowed!
    I'd have preferred it was Bowe that got the 4 game suspension and Stephenson a 1 game game suspension. Alex Smith is going to have a rough first 4 games.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 163

0 Not allowed!
    If I'm not mistaken, you don't get a 4 game suspension for a first time offense. Which means either he is a lying ***, or isn't smart enough to know by now that he needs an exemption to take whatever this was.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 873

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'd have preferred it was Bowe that got the 4 game suspension and Stephenson a 1 game game suspension. Alex Smith is going to have a rough first 4 games.
    Agreed. Not to mention the fact they traded away Rishaw Johnson for a safety. It'll be interesting to see what O-line the team puts on the field.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 822

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Agreed. Not to mention the fact they traded away Rishaw Johnson for a safety. It'll be interesting to see what O-line the team puts on the field.
    I agree there is concern about the O-Line, but it's more because of youth than anything else.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 428

0 Not allowed!
    A question for the folks here that know more about football than I do.....Does this suspension save us any cap space this year?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 873

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I agree there is concern about the O-Line, but it's more because of youth than anything else.
    Also wonder if it's a signal from the coaching staff they have a lot of faith in Fulton and LDT. And more concern for our secondary.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you don't get a 4 game suspension for a first time offense. Which means either he is a lying ***, or isn't smart enough to know by now that he needs an exemption to take whatever this was.
    Their is no tolerance when it comes to PED that I know of. First time offense is 4 games. Other Drugs or incidents under the Substance abuse requires repeat offenses depending on the issue. Still he is not Smart enough to know by now that he needs an exemption or is just using this as an excuse for getting caught which I believe to be the case with most of these players now.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/2...ing-drugs-peds

"Players currently face a four-game suspension for their first positive test for Adderall or diuretics as both are classified as performance-enhancing drugs. The first positive test for a substance classified under the recreational drug policy results in counseling and treatment, not a suspension. Players could still be suspended for positive tests, but it would take multiple violations."

Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Also wonder if it's a signal from the coaching staff they have a lot of faith in Fulton and LDT. And more concern for our secondary.
    I don't think there is much faith in LDT as this point. I had heard reports earlier in the pre-season that they had already moved Jeff Allen to RT because Stephenson was struggling at RT and that Fulton was starting at Guard, however, they may have already been aware of this suspension.

They also had Hudson playing some Guard with Kutch at Center.