Television coverage:
    KCTV 5

Watch online:

WiZiWiG.tv
    VIPBox.eu
    BossCast.net
    Feed2All.eu
    TV-Link.in
    DrakulaStream.eu (Scroll down to Chiefs games)
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Im getting less and less interested in this forum with all the back amd forth **** abut qbs amd what not.
    It's pretty much always like this in the preseason. But in the coming week we have 2 sets of cuts coming and then the season begins so things will move on from just the QB talk but that I'm sure will once again be going on all year QB is the most talked about spot on the field
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's pretty much always like this in the preseason. But in the coming week we have 2 sets of cuts coming and then the season begins so things will move on from just the QB talk but that I'm sure will once again be going on all year QB is the most talked about spot on the field
    I was referring to the qb qeno smith arguments. We had that last year with mmh and now rofl guy I believe is doing it all over again. Wonder if he is mmh. Just let it go geno smjth isnt a chief.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I was referring to the qb qeno smith arguments. We had that last year with mmh and now rofl guy I believe is doing it all over again. Wonder if he is mmh. Just let it go geno smjth isnt a chief.
    Ryfo is NOT mmh. It seems to be the cool thing to do to say that anyone who likes any qb for this team other then Alex Smith is MMH. Ryfo has been here longer then I have. In no way can you say he's MMH

But like it or not he is only pointing out what he feels is a mistake. He's voicing his opinion and he very well might be right. Everyone jumped on MMH for his talk on Pioli no one who jump on him for his take on Pioli now. Ryfo feels that passing on Geno was a mistake that's his right. It's what forums are all about. I feel how this team has handled Fisher is a mistake as I have said on a number of cases that's my opinion I voice it that's what forums are all about. I don't understand why people get all upset anytime this is brought up. You can chose to just ignore it. You don't have to respond
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ryfo is NOT mmh. It seems to be the cool thing to do to say that anyone who likes any qb for this team other then Alex Smith is MMH. Ryfo has been here longer then I have. In no way can you say he's MMH

But like it or not he is only pointing out what he feels is a mistake. He's voicing his opinion and he very well might be right. Everyone jumped on MMH for his talk on Pioli no one who jump on him for his take on Pioli now. Ryfo feels that passing on Geno was a mistake that's his right. It's what forums are all about. I feel how this team has handled Fisher is a mistake as I have said on a number of cases that's my opinion I voice it that's what forums are all about. I don't understand why people get all upset anytime this is brought up. You can chose to just ignore it. You don't have to respond
    If Geno Smith had established himself as the best player in the country prior to the 2013 draft, the same way Andrew Luck had the year before, then that would have been one thing. But that wasn't the case, as Geno struggled down the stretch of last college season and nobody had Geno rated as the top player on any draft board. Everybody had Joeckel and Fisher rated as the top two player in the 2013 draft & the Chiefs could not trade down, so they were left to chose one or the other. Geno was not what this team needed going into 2013, because what they needed was a veteran QB that could be a sturdy commander and take care of the football & help them win ball games, which Alex did.

Time will tell, but maybe it was better to wait to draft Murray in 2014, than draft Geno at #1 in 2013. Murray would have been taken higher if not for the knee injury, which surprisingly he looks to be fully recovered from.

Ryfo seems to be critical of me wishing for the success of Bray and/or Murray. Granted, I did not like the Murray selection when it happened, but it's a done deal, and you tell me, am I supposed to wish for Murray to fail just so I can say "I told you so", like Ryfo (and MMH) is doing with Alex Smith and Eric Fisher? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, now does it?

As for how they handled Fisher, it was because the caved in to Albert's demands to play LT only, but they didn't cave in to his contract demands (thank goodness). Dorsey should have traded Albert for a 3rd round pick to Miami in 2013 ( since they'll most likely be getting a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2015, anyway ) and settled the issue. BTW, you won't see me using Fisher as a crutch to not take an O-Lineman in Round 1 of any future drafts, and how much do you want to bet that if there's talk about taking an O-Lineman in Round 1 of the 2015 draft, then Fisher will become a fan favorite instantly, just like Albert did going into the 2010 draft, even though Albert sucked at LT in 2009.

I apologize to the outburst, brdempsey69. I'm passionate about this team, and after watching the product they've put on the field for the first 3 preseason games after an offseason of roster turnover, it's tough to get excited about anything. I've been critical of the organization's moves dating back to last season, starting with Alex, continuing with Fisher, and now with cutting Flowers and leaving the roster in shambles.

I hope I'm wrong and they turn this ship around, but it has the looks of a long season. So when I see the opportunity to confirm the direction I wish the franchise would have gone, I don't hesitate to state that. Most of my anger directed at anyone on here is just a result of this team making me mad for constantly sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I apologize to the outburst, brdempsey69. I'm passionate about this team, and after watching the product they've put on the field for the first 3 preseason games after an offseason of roster turnover, it's tough to get excited about anything. I've been critical of the organization's moves dating back to last season, starting with Alex, continuing with Fisher, and now with cutting Flowers and leaving the roster in shambles.

I hope I'm wrong and they turn this ship around, but it has the looks of a long season. So when I see the opportunity to confirm the direction I wish the franchise would have gone, I don't hesitate to state that. Most of my anger directed at anyone on here is just a result of this team making me mad for constantly sucking.
    I think most of us think that this year is going to be a step back from last year. While I don't think this season is going to be the nightmare that some think I DO NOT expect a playoff season again.

And I agree with alot of your problems with this team. I don't think Alex was a mistake at all. But as of this moment Fisher looks like he might be one. But the jury isn't back quite yet. And with or without Flowers I expect this Defense to be a let down so I'm not that upset with the Flowers loss he was there last year and the defense wasn't that good when they had to play the better teams.

Having said that I do think there are things to be excited about. DAT is one. He is a guy who can give them a lot of what Mccluster did but is a bit stronger then Mccluster it's not always the first hit that brings him down. Travis Kelce has shown some promise. Knile Davis as well. between the 3 of them they might just be the guys to complement Bowe,Charles there is great potential in those 3 and that's what I'm looking forward to seeing most this season. Even if this season in the w/l is a step back if those 3 can become guys that they can rely on along with Bowe and Charles this season isn't a total loss.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

Fair enough. Sorry, if I was too harsh in my responses. Do keep in mind this team is less than two years removed from a 2-14 season & realistically there is still work to be done in the rebuilding process and it obviously isn't happening fast enough for a great many out there. Obviously, given what we saw Saturday night, there are issues that needs to be addressed pronto, or else it's going to be a rough ride in 2014. Remember, many of us have already stated along the lines that we believe 2014 isn't going to be the Chiefs year & pretty much will be a rebuilding year. It'll also, without doubt, determine whether Alex Smith stays or goes.

Of course, many are hoping he goes. My personal viewpoint is, he has to prove he's worthy of the big contract that he's wanting & the Chiefs would be wise not do anything until after the season is over.

I'm not excited about the season either & never was given what happened in the 2nd half of last year and I told a Chiefs fan I know personally to take a "wait and see" approach to this season, as the schedule was going to be a lot tougher in 2014.

As for the roster turnover, they are obviously going with a youth movement and whether it pays off or not remains to be seen. I'm not saying Dorsey & Reid have made all the right moves and personally, I didn't like Flowers release and still don't, because it leaves their Secondary without any real seasoned CB's other than Sean Smith and he hasn't been any ball of fire whatsoever.

Regarding Alex Smith & Eric Fisher, the problem was that no QB going into the 2013 draft had clearly established himself a a top-5 pick and obviously Andy Reid didn't feel that Geno was the right guy to run his Offense -- hence the trade for Alex and the drafting of Fisher.

Back to what we were discussing earlier about Murray vs Geno, look at the entire 4-yr college career of both players and the competition both QB's went up against, then it becomes easily debatable just how much better Geno really is than Murray.

Believe me, I can easily share in one's frustration of this team's futility ( I've followed them since the late 60's ) that has gone on for decades since the realignment of the AFL-NFL in 1970 and the 3-13 post-record since that time, with most the gut-wrenching moment occurring in that 1997 playoff debacle, when they wouldn't let Rich Gannon play in that game, for which there was no valid excuse.

Quite frankly, I've believed this season wasn't going to be the Chiefs year & that 2015 might pay bigger dividends and until proven wrong, I'll stick to that.

Lastly, regarding Eric Fisher, everybody can obviously see he got lots of room for improvement, but nobody can deny he's got the physical skillset to do it, but he needs to utilize it better. One thing about him that I'm disappointed in, is he hasn't shown the mean streak that I was hoping to see ( he's not a dirty player ), to the extent where he gets involved in a few skirmishes with opponents. Perhaps this year maybe that will happen & it won't break my heart any if does, even to the extent of him getting involved in a fistfight and getting ejected from the game.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-25-2014 at 05:35 PM.

this team is wayyyy worse then last year.. we have if lucky the 27th defense in nfl. our secondary is horrid. Fisher is struggling as well.. 5-6 wins tops

No, Ryfo is not MMH. Ryfo never made up statisitics the way MMH did. If I remember right, MMH was working on becoming a defense lawyer or paralegal or something to that effect. Sometimes to the point where I wondered if the guy was trying to pass his barre exam by turning in printed copies of his internet arguments.

Ryfo might very well be right, Fisher might not pan out. It won't be the first time a first round pick didn't pan out and it won't be the last.

With this being said, it gets old to watch negative post after negative post on what's supposed to be a fan forum. Also fed up with watching people try to explain the rational by front office get labeled a "homer" or "kool-aid drinker". What's the alternative? Being a crabby fan who waits like a buzzard over a dying mule, because the front office/coaching staff didn't re-sign a player or coach I didn't like? When you say "You don't have to respond..." doesn't that go for them as well?

So yeah, when that happens, people respond. You can't expect people to live in the magical land of "What I Should've Said". If someone's bound and determined to hit themselves in the thumb with a hammer, sometimes it's better to just let them go ahead and do it.

Okay, rant off. And to be fair, the only time I'll root for Geno being sacked is when the Jets play KC.

Gene is a frikin joke just like every other want to be option qb

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast