Television coverage:
    KCTV 5

Watch online:

WiZiWiG.tv
    VIPBox.eu
    BossCast.net
    Feed2All.eu
    TV-Link.in
    DrakulaStream.eu (Scroll down to Chiefs games)
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Can we please stop *****ing about geno smith crap again. Your reminding me of mmh and thags all he *****ed about and now you ha e two threads talking about him again. Not saying you cant voice your opinions but would rather not go to a thread thats on a geno debate and way off topic thread.
    I didn't bring up Geno in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    This Offense is turning this game into a snoozefest. I got a bad feeling this team is in trouble in 2014.

Excuse me while I go and throw up.
    Dorsey takes over, trades two high picks for a mediocre QB that wants $50M guaranteed, and one year into his tenure our Oline is decimated, our secondary is awful (yet that didn't stop him from cutting Flowers), and we still don't have anyone beyond Dwayne Bowe at WR. Tough to get excited about the team out faithful GM has assembled.

Happy birthday Chiefster!

Can't wait til this team is stuck at 5-11 w/ a QB that wants $50M gtd, all while passing on Geno and Teddy. We're a ****in joke. No way around it.
    The jury is still out on whether or not Minnesota has made enough changes to be at the point where they can develop a rookie QB and make something of him. Last year their best QB was Matt Cassel. Geno, on the other hand, managed to find himself a team that as of late has been a QB career killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Dorsey takes over, trades two high picks for a mediocre QB that wants $50M guaranteed, and one year into his tenure our Oline is decimated, our secondary is awful (yet that didn't stop him from cutting Flowers), and we still don't have anyone beyond Dwayne Bowe at WR. Tough to get excited about the team out faithful GM has assembled.
    Quit your whining & being such a big baby, just because they didn't draft Geno. The so-called "mediocre" QB did manage 23 TD's with only 7 INT's and added 4 more TD passes in the post-season in 2013. Last night he had a bad night, which was more of an exception, than the rule.

Can't wait til this team is stuck at 5-11 w/ a QB that wants $50M gtd, all while passing on Geno and Teddy. We're a ****in joke. No way around it.
    I didn't bring up Geno in this thread.
    You most certainly did. Let it go. Murray has been drafted and had a better college career than Geno and the Chiefs won't throw him to the wolves.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 08-24-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Quit your whining & being such a big baby, just because they didn't draft Geno. The so-called "mediocre" QB did manage 23 TD's with only 7 INT's and added 4 more TD passes in the post-season in 2013. Last night he had a bad night, which was more of an exception, than the rule.

You most certainly did. Let it go. Murray has been drafted and had a better college career than Geno and the Chiefs won't throw him to the wolves.
    So you're happy with the shape this roster is in? Lol, ok.

Read back up. Who first mentioned Geno? Not me. The college stats argument is silly. If that were the case, Kellen Moore would be one of the greatest QBs ever. FWIW, Geno's junior and senior years (65.8%/4385yds/31TDs/7INTs and 71.2%/4205yds/42TDs/6INTs) dwarf Murray's (64.5%/3893yds/36TDs/10INTs and 64.8%/3076yds/26TDs/9INTs in 11 games). Either way, funny to see you on the Murray bandwagon.

Wasted pick. 2 or 3 year clipboard holder that will be out of the league in 3 years. I'll bet on it being ZERO for 18 drafting QB's since 1970.

If I'm proven wrong, then I'll be the first to admit it. Until then, it's just a draft pick flushed down the drain and there were players on the board that could have helped them more.
    I heard the same thing when they drafted Stanzi three years ago. How'd that work out? If this new regime is going to take a QB, then next year would have been better to take a shot at one in round 1 or 2, as that way when they draft a higher rated QB prospect, then they'll get a better player if he pans out.
    Stanzi did win an Orange Bowl and was the only QB to beat Penn State 3 years in a row. Yes, they are comparable.

I'll bet Bray will be wearing a Chiefs uniform longer than Murray will. Mark it down.

If anything, this pick was made to motivate Bray and in case they can't work out a deal with Alex.
    All that means nothing. It's what happens in KC that counts and Murray is arriving as damaged goods. This isn't the same scenario as Joe Montana falling to the 49ers with the last pick of the 3rd round, not by a longshot.

And that right there is why I didn't like the selection of Murray. Murray will do nothing for the Chiefs except hold a clipboard and he's not going to beat Bray out. Abbrederis will probably be a solid WR by year 2 up in GB instead of with KC.
    Murray had a better team surrounding him than Bray did. Bray's performance in last years pre-season final was the best pre-season performance that I've ever seen from a Chiefs rookie QB and it's not even close. Murray doesn't have a pro-type arm, but Bray does & he's 5 inches taller and can see the field better and he won't get as many passes swatted down as Murray will.

I wouldn't have cared if they had a full stock of draft picks or more, but a 2nd rounder was already traded away for a QB. Picking a QB could have waited until next year.
    His ability to see the field & throw the football isn't hype. He WAS pushed out of the draft for pretty much the same reasons that the LB Burfict was the year before -- both got into trouble with the authorities and that will get you pushed down to undrafted status. In both cases it had nothing to do with their playing skills.

Bray himself said that getting undrafted was a real eye-opener and he had to eat humble pie. He's been a model citizen since & even recently got engaged. Murray is not going to push him off the roster & he's arriving as damaged goods. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray gets stashed on IR for this year. Letting Bray go this soon would be a horrendous mistake & it's Daniel that should be the first to go, as he has no chance to be a #1 starter.

I had said before that Bray had turned in the best pre-season performance of any Chiefs rookie QB I'd ever seen and that's not hype, that's truth and in the judgement of many, he's earned the right to warrant a further look and be given time to mature.
    Until he proves otherwise, I have reasonable suspicion to believe that Murray is just another Stanzi and/or Croyle.

As for Bray being knocked for being stupid, I recall same knock being put on Terry Bradshaw and as the 1st TB coach John McKay said "I'd love to have a QB dumb enough to lead my team to 4 SB wins".

As for Bray not showing anything, many who saw the preseason final last year would differ. It was more like Daniel doing nothing to show he was better than Bray throughout the preseason.
    Leaf was a guy who imploded in his 3rd regular season game and just flat out quit. He's not a good example at all.

You're essentially telling me that Murray's college stats are enough to cast Bray aside and that Bray shouldn't be given a fair chance, just because the Chiefs spent a draft pick on Murray and Bray was undrafted. Sorry, but that is illogical. Murray is damaged goods. Bray is fully fit and healthy and has the better physical tools. Bray's biggest question is how quickly he'll learn Andy Reid's Offense and fine-tune his game. His upside has never been questioned and it's still higher than Murray's regardless of what happened in college.

You're a clown, dude. Don't make me make you look like a fool again like the time I had to explain what a Tampa 2 defense was to you.

This roster is in terrible shape, and 7 wins will be tough to come across.

Well that was fun. Gonna check out of this place for a while. Have fun with your homer capes. All is well in Chiefs Kingdom, apparently.

So you're happy with the shape this roster is in? Lol, ok.

Read back up. Who first mentioned Geno? Not me. The college stats argument is silly. If that were the case, Kellen Moore would be one of the greatest QBs ever. FWIW, Geno's junior and senior years (65.8%/4385yds/31TDs/7INTs and 71.2%/4205yds/42TDs/6INTs) dwarf Murray's (64.5%/3893yds/36TDs/10INTs and 64.8%/3076yds/26TDs/9INTs in 11 games). Either way, funny to see you on the Murray bandwagon.
    And I also said that while I didn't like the Murray pick at the time, that if he proved me wrong that I would be the first to admit & I also said I hoped Murray did prove me wrong, but I'd believe it when I saw it.

And while you are posting stats, how come you aren't pointing out that Murray played against the better competition than Geno did for the most part.

I did state Bray should be given a chance, yes, and why not. Bray did have the best physical tools. If he failed, so be it, if any hopes that Bray succeeded didn't come to pass.

You're a clown, dude. Don't make me make you look like a fool again like the time I had to explain what a Tampa 2 defense was to you.

This roster is in terrible shape, and 7 wins will be tough to come across.
    Better to be clown than somebody that humps their neighbors dog, just like your doing with statement about "explaining Tampa 2 Defense" to me regarding what was really a blown block in that game against TB in 2012. You didn't educate me or anyone about anything.

In reality, you haven't made anyone look like a clown, other than yourself. Especially given how you're sounding like you crapped in your diaper when Geno wasn't drafted in 2013 at #1, and you're sounding like your mommy hasn't changed your diaper for you since then.

And nobody said the roster was in good shape, or happy with it, in fact if you'd been paying attention, more than one person has stated that they believe that this team isn't there, yet. You are pulling that out of your arse. And since your pulling things out of your arse, try starting by pulling your head out of it, so that you might see and think a little more clearer.

Well that was fun. Gonna check out of this place for a while. Have fun with your homer capes. All is well in Chiefs Kingdom, apparently.
    You are correct, it was fun watching you making a pompous, whiny arse out of yourself.

Im getting less and less interested in this forum with all the back amd forth **** abut qbs amd what not.

Warning! Warning! I here by issue a warning about somethings I do not like. But I have no problem with finding the problems before the season starts. That is where the coaching is, also no name calling allowed. Preseason or any season. No clowning around. Make your points with out any sort of name calling. This warning is done, are we all clear about the test alert warning?

Man Ryfo you seem to have taken the Myman role over LOL

Last season when the offense was opened up Alex played well past mediocore. In the playoff game without Charles he played outstanding. What does a guy have to do? Should Alex have been out there to grab that fumbled snap the bounced right to luck? Should Alex have been the one to tackle Luck so he didn't score? Alex Smith put this team in position to win it's first Postseason game in 20 years. Yes he did fumble on the strip sack you know who else fumbled in a postseason game against Indy that hurt Priest Holmes does that make him mediocore? It seems like people who wanted Geno can't seem to give Alex the slightest bit of credit but when it comes time for the blame he's the first in line. Deep down if Geno had put up 44 points in a NFL playoff game and lost would you be saying he's mediocore? I doubt that.

Now we go to last night. Let me say it Alex was a little less then mediocore last night overall. I can admit that freely. But we also haven't seen much of the whole offense. Charles has played what 1 series maybe 2. Do you really think that's what we are going to see in the real season? You are a very smart guy I find it hard to believe that you don't think they will be using Charles. The offense has been incomplete. Something tells me that if Geno was without his 2 main weapons in a preseason game and struggle you wouldn't be hitting the panic button for him. I'm not going to throw insults call you a troll or say you're not a Chiefs fan. I didn't do that with Myman that's not how I go about things. But I do think your like of Geno is clouding your judgment a bit on Alex Smith. But that's just my opinion you of course are entitled to yours.

And let me also say this about Alex. I'm not even the biggest fan of him. If I was in charge he would play out this year then I would see what they have in Murray. I might be as high on him as you are of Geno so my judgement might be clouded there LOL
    As for the rest of your post The O line is YOUNG YOUNG YOUNG, Many young O lines have struggled but after some time started to gel and things worked out. That is still possible with this line. This is going to be a big year for those guys this is there chance they can still work out. It's still a tad to soon to say they are a total bust even though at this point they look bad I would be more worried if the line was filled with Vets then young guys if they are struggling.

As for Flowers lets be honest here. The D wasn't playing great WITH HIM. It's not like he was out there being a game changer.I was VERY vocal about it last year (not a homer take) He was part of the defense that over the years has been as SOFT as any in the NFL. When things get tough instead of sucking it up and stopping things from getting worse they have over the years just packed up there tents and went home. Flowers was a part of that. It wasn't just last year it goes past that in 2012 I was screaming about it as much as everyone wanted to blame it all on Cassel. The Defense was GARBAGE a lot of the time then to. While flowers is a Loss I don't think anyone can deny that I don't think it was a defense killer. I think the D was going to be bad with him
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast