Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webnews: Chiefs release 11 players

Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 27

Post Webnews: Chiefs release 11 players

0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    The teams of the deadline-driven NFL continue to drive toward Tuesday’s 75-man roster limit well in advance of the last minute for doing so. The Chiefs have announced that 11 players have been released. Gone are receiver Deon Anthony, defensive lineman Jairus Campbell, defensive tackle Jermelle Cudjo, receiver Weston Dressler, guard Otis Hudson, receiver Jerrell…
    Read more…

Thumbs Up
    Received: 396
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!
    Really sad to see Commings on IR again. Seems to be one of those guys that just can't stay healthy

Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
    Weston Dressler???? NOOOOOO..Wow that guy got a lot of press for nothing? Funny how before the draft Wr was one of the biggest concerns and right now there appears to be enough talented youth on the team that you really don't hear about the sky falling with receivers.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 736

0 Not allowed!
    A lot of those names didn't even make it off the bench in preseason. I'm sure that the naysayers are going to be jumping up and down over Dressler not making it, but from what little indication the press has given (or maybe not given?) the guy just didn't cut it in training camp. My fingers are crossed he was cut to make way for another WR that did.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 326

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Weston Dressler???? NOOOOOO..Wow that guy got a lot of press for nothing? Funny how before the draft Wr was one of the biggest concerns and right now there appears to be enough talented youth on the team that you really don't hear about the sky falling with receivers.
    I'm sorry to see him go too. I had high hopes for him. But at least he can go back to the CFL.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Really sad to see Commings on IR again. Seems to be one of those guys that just can't stay healthy
    At first I just skimmed the article and I saw Commings on there and was like WTF, they released him! Thne I re read it and realized he was just put on IR.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    At first I just skimmed the article and I saw Commings on there and was like WTF, they released him! Thne I re read it and realized he was just put on IR.
    Might as well cut him if he can't stay healthy. Broke his collar bone the first practice last year and then broke his ankle the first week this year getting juked out by J. Charles. He has not even played a pre-season game.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Might as well cut him if he can't stay healthy. Broke his collar bone the first practice last year and then broke his ankle the first week this year getting juked out by J. Charles. He has not even played a pre-season game.
    He needs to start drinking a gallon of milk a day. Lol

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
    So do any of these kids get any compensation for their efforts in training camp or just a small signing bonus if at all. Do they get a pay check for the pre-season game.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 326

0 Not allowed!
    I dragged out my google button and Wiki says that during training camp and the preseason players are paid a per diem. So it looks like they do get some pay but nothing substantial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast