Thread: Reciever Depth.

Default Reciever Depth.

Andy Reid says he not worried but I am a little. Does anyone else think Dorsey might pick up a few waived players after tomorrow that might help us out with catching the ball, stretching the field, and hopefully getting 6 on the board through the air?

Thoughts, opinions?
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

I'm not too worried about WR depth. Expect Fasano and Kecle to be out in a lot of 2-TE looks. Bowe looks slimmer and should be solid. After that, it's a battle for #2.

I'm absolutely worried about the CB depth. Releasing Brandon Flowers was a mistake.

I do think that WR is an area of concern. Bowe and Avery dropped way too many passes. For Hemmingway and Jenkins, now is the time to step up. Much like our secondary situation, we simply didn't have the cap space or enough draft picks to really make a dent roster-wise, which sucked given the WR talent of this past draft.

Fasano and Kelce will both do well on the field...but they gotta stay healthy. At this point the "go-to" guy has gotta step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'm not too worried about WR depth. Expect Fasano and Kecle to be out in a lot of 2-TE looks. Bowe looks slimmer and should be solid. After that, it's a battle for #2.

I'm absolutely worried about the CB depth. Releasing Brandon Flowers was a mistake.

Pretty much agree here.

I don't think Flowers was a big mistake I mean look at last year. When the defense was good it was good even when he missed a couple of games. When they struggled he was there. So even with him this defense couldn't catch a cold by the end of the year. Our defense was
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think Flowers was a big mistake I mean look at last year. When the defense was good it was good even when he missed a couple of games. When they struggled he was there. So even with him this defense couldn't catch a cold by the end of the year. Our defense was
    I'm inclined to agree about Flowers. A lot of people were complaining he didn't fit this defense, being drafted by Herm for a "cover 2" style secondary. Even if he stayed their just wasn't enough changes made in roster or coaching to expect a huge difference from any player.

With that being said, did think that he was a good enough player to warrant getting a draft pick in trade.

^^ Agreed about Flowers, and it may very well turn out that they pulled the plug on him too soon.

I agree that Flowers' play had fallen off in this scheme, but I'm very worried about the alternatives on this roster and the overall depth. I wouldn't mind them signing Champ Bailey as depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I agree that Flowers' play had fallen off in this scheme, but I'm very worried about the alternatives on this roster and the overall depth. I wouldn't mind them signing Champ Bailey as depth.
    I was going to start a thread on this. Would you want him as CB depth or try and switc him to safety. Or both. If New Orleans was willing to eat 500,000k that says something. Does anyone know if they were trying to switch him to safety?

On wide receiver I am not too worried. With JC running the ball and short passes to the tight ends I think that as the season progresses opposing defenses will play our wide receivers a little loose. So I think they will be able to get open.

I am much more worried about our secondary than I am the wide receivers.