Thread: Cuts have been made

Default Cuts have been made

TopekaRoy is my hero!

LB Nico Johnson also got the axe. Lately, Alabama defenders have had some real problems transitioning to the NFL. Don't know why.

And Succop's missed FG in the season final last year combined with his pay scale led to his dismissal.

Pleased that LDT made the team.

Succop was probably more money than anything. Someone just got a decent kicker; He won't stay unemployed for long.

Don't recall Nico accomplishing much of anything. A lot of the other names seem to fall into that category, too.

Some guys from the cut pool I'd like the Chiefs to bring in:

Pat Angerer: 27yo ILB We need help at ILB and I think he would be a nice piece inside with DJ.
    Geraldo Boldewijn, WR As I'm sure a few of y'all are, I've been watching Hard Knocks and this kid looks like a nice project WR with some good size, speed, and hands.
    Chris Banjo, S This kid looked good against the Chiefs, especially on special teams. Could provide some depth at safety.
    Robert Meachem, WR This guy HAS to be better than our bottom WR.
    Stephen Hill, WR Again... this guy HAS to be better than our bottom WR.
    Eric Winston, OT Could be a nice stop-gap at RT till Stephenson gets back.
    Larry English, LB 2009 1st round pick could help with LB depth
    Nate Askew, LB I don't know much about him other than he's a product of my high school and was a beast at that level. A&M turned him into a LB but I never got to see him play that position. So, needless to say, I'd like to see him signed with the Chiefs purely for selfish reasons. lol

Not sure about the Succup cut, I know it was more a money thing, but I was hoping he was the next great Kicker from the Chiefs, so kinda sad to see him cut, lets hope it is for the better over all kicker and not just about the money. We had to many seasons of kickers who failed, or where past there prime. Sad to lose Mr Irrelevant. last draft pick of his class. We had stability from him, and he has a great leg!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Succop was probably more money than anything. Someone just got a decent kicker; He won't stay unemployed for long.

Don't recall Nico accomplishing much of anything. A lot of the other names seem to fall into that category, too.
    Yeah I'm not happy about Succop; had to pay Smith!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Not sure about the Succup cut, I know it was more a money thing, but I was hoping he was the next great Kicker from the Chiefs, so kinda sad to see him cut, lets hope it is for the better over all kicker and not just about the money. We had to many seasons of kickers who failed, or where past there prime. Sad to lose Mr Irrelevant. last draft pick of his class. We had stability from him, and he has a great leg!
    Nicely put. The Chiefs have a history of letting good kickers go; ask Nick Lowrey.

Our Chiefs gave had some great kickers over the years. Succup was one of them. I hope Santos will prove to be another.

Succop has been in hot water since he missed the San Diego field goal basically giving them a play off birth. That being said, the radio guys were saying today that he was the Chiefs most accurate kicker ever with over 80%. However, reports out of pre-season since camp opened have been how much Andy Reid Liked Santos.

So before everyone goes hating on this move. Santos really has done nothing in pre-seaon to concern me and could end up being a very good move. Other than people just liking Succop because of his character. He has cost us a couple of games over the years and to my knowledge, I can't really think of a game where he made the walk off win type of kick but I remember him missing a few.