Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First of many rants on this team

Default First of many rants on this team

Lets start with the offense. It's still kind of hard for me to be really really angry with the offense because the fact is they haven't been complete at all outside of 5 plays in the preseason. Having said that I want to say a few things.

HOW IN THE WORLD does one of the top RBS in the NFL get 7 carries? WHAT THE Reid needs to get over his love for passing and RUN THE ball. Even more so when your best WR is not there. How much brain power does that take?

Next I want to say this Alex played bad today no one can question but to those who are already starting to complain about him after his contract What do you really expect? The same people who talk about the lack of talent expect him to excel with these guys? I said this in the game thread. People said the same things about Cassel. Cassel has played pretty well with the Vikings last year he wasn't bad there when he became the starter. MAYBE JUST MAYBE the problem hasn't really just been the QB but what's around the QB. Since Trent green left look at all the QBs that have been brought in. There's a long list. Look at the constant no WR outside of Bowe to really speak of the problems with the line. Maybe it's time to FIX THOSE instead of just fixating on the QB spot. I've been saying this for years. It's just annoying at this point to me But we keep doing the same thing it's frustrating. The Line is still very young and whats said is they showed progress today.

NOW LETS BEGIN WITH THE DEFENSE or what is suppose to be a defense

This is the same story as last year and the year before they started out ok. Then there was the missed field goal. They like always said well its been fun packed there stuff up and went home. This defense is Overhyped overrated they have not been called on it because the QB has always been the scapegoat for them We have good players on Defense sure but they are just as guilty of it as anyone else. It's a constant. As soon as that field goal was missed I knew they were going to come down and score a TD. If I were a betting man I would have doubled down on my house that it was going to happen. You are who you are and this defense is SOFT. They have been they will continue to do so. It's not going to change. It's time to start over on Defense and bring in guys who a Pillow wouldn't call soft.

So ends episode 1 on my what most might think of irrational sports rantings like my wife calls them there will be many more this year I'm sure. The sad thing is it would be just like this team to win next week in Denver to give us all hope that maybe we are just overreacting now and then lose the next 14. This is just so depressing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Dude - what is there to really say? Is the O-line good? Did Alex play well today? well he didnt play brilliantly? no - not by any stretch. but when alex smith scrambles for almost 10 seconds and STILL cant find a single viable target somewhere past the line of scrimmage THATS A SERIOUS ****ING PROBLEM! Our WR corps has been a serious ****ing issue and the chiefs havent addressed it. Why? becuase they have both their tight ends? guess what - i cant even remember his name immediately anthony fasano didnt do dick squat all game. travis kelce is good! but cant carry the entire WR corps load. and aside from Dwayne bowe who is 'OK' (well to be fair hes tough as hell to tackle after he actually DOES catch a ball) - we have apparently NO ONE to throw to - that makes for some pretty poor offensive opportunity. But then we have Jamaal Charles!!! well that is if you actually give him the ball!!!! Why on earth was cyrus grey in taking carries today away from charles that wasnt on special teams?!?!?!? the rush was abandoned for screen throws? Ones that largely didnt even involve jamaal charles or blocking for that matter. are we ****ing serious?

Defensively we've lost DeVito - weve lost Derrick ****ing Johnson of whom without we have no short/run coverage in the middle of the field. we have no catapano. we are short stephensen for the first 4 games. its a sham. pass rushers are useless once they are behind the line of action with some draw or screen or short pass game to neutralize them. particularly when you start considering the pic pass routes favored by the division elites with the broncos. We're short marcus cooper and we have bumbling Ron Parker who isnt called a journeyman for nothing.
    We let go Bronson to have sorenson who drew an offsides on a ****ing PUNT!!! which converted to a FG btw on the very next play! why, because hes mormon and so is andy reid? What in the literal f*** is going on at arrowhead right now!!!

This whole season is a complete disaster and we havent even begun to attempt to compete! this whole season is lost and we can only hope that dorsey doesnt **** us by overlooking obvious talent gaps in the 10+ compensatory picks theyre likely to get, which arent anywhere near the top range of picks anyway, so we've lost a ton of talent to free agency and injury for NOTHING in return. Congrats chiefs, congrats.

another miserable season, another season to give my alias credence.

What a horrible showing. Charles gets 7 carries real smart. Then we kept hearing how kelce was supposed to be a legitimate option he barely got targeted. Fasano blew his route on many occasions. The defense doesn't look hungry at all its gonna be a long year

the 7 carries.......That Oline couldn't block a person on facebook.

I don't know why you are surprised that Andy Kotite passes the ball. I told you his problems when he was hired. He did the same thing in Philly. Andy Kotite would have an injured QB, injured receivers, great run blocking line, great RBs and he would be playing a team ranked last vs the run but he would pass 50 times and run 10 times. He would then admit his playcalling was bad and he had to run more. The next week he would run even less. Get used to it. Andy is so predictable.

I'd file this game under the banner of "Where was ______ ?" Where was Dee Ford? Where was Jamaal Charles? Where was Kelce? Where was Dwayne Bowe? Where was Junior Hemingway? Where was Jenkins? Unfortuantely we knew where Donnie Avery was.

My hope is that Reid was looking ahead to next Sunday, and hope he addresses some of the absent list.

Guys.....WTF is going on? Last year we went 11-5 and came within a whisker of FINALLY winning a playoff game. This year we lose the opener (badly I'll admit) and I see more anger, rage and hatred than I did during the 2012 disaster. One lousy leak and y'all are screaming the boat has sunk. WTF is up with that?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 09-08-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Guys.....WTF is going on? Last year we went 11-5 and came within a whisker of FINALLY winning a playoff game. This year we lose the opener (badly I'll admit) and I see more anger, rage and hatred than I did during the 2012 disaster. One lousy leak and y'all are screaming the boat has sunk. WTF is up with that?
    I can't speak for everyone else

But my frustration comes from this has been on the defense. This has been there MO for years. They have been hyped up because everyone was so foucused on the QB play.

In 2011 they let a winless Miami Dolphins come in and put up 31 points (people talked about the QB)
    In 2012 they let a Tampa Bay team come in and made Josh Freeman and put up 38 Josh freeman was throwing the same passes that people said were uncatchable for our guys there wrs went up got them and took it to the house. What happened (people complained about the QB)
    We all know what happened at the end of last year. People then finally started catching on to what I've been screaming about for years.

This is more then a one week thing that's my frustration. It has been a constant. I didn't say much about the offense (however Reid only giving Charles 7 carries is UNACCEPTABLE and should be called out) but this defense has gotten hall passes for years They are all out of them now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

There are a ton of holes on this team. I remember telling y'all last spring that the Chiefs were going to have to go through a rebuild pretty soon. I didn't think the floor would fall out the bottom like this, but after yesterday, I think it's time to start taking it seriously. When you look at our schedule and this team now without DJ and Devito of the rest of the year, I think it's safe to say we'll probably be picking in the top 5 next spring. The offensive line is in shambles, the receiving corpse is a joke, the defensive secondary in non-existent (other than Berry), we don't have any ILBs, or 3-4 DEs. The RBs, TEs, QBs, LT, and center are the only offensive players worth a damn.

If I were Dorsey, I'd do everything I could to get Bowe off the books. His contract has destroyed the Chiefs' cap and his jacked up finger isn't exactly something you want from a WR who's making that kind of money. As soon as he got suspended, I would've cut him for violating his contract and conduct detrimental to the team. The Chiefs have a pair of gigantic assets in Charles and Berry. With Davis sitting there behind Charles, I'd seriously consider trading him for a truck load of draft picks. Berry is going to demand a giant contract here pretty soon. The haul the Chiefs could bring back just for those 2 guys would be astounding. The loss of Berry would hurt more than Charles no doubt, but if they're going to get serious about rebuilding this team, they need to make some Jared Allen type trades. Neither of these guys will still be in their prime by the time the Chiefs transform this team back into a winner. Maximize their value to this team now and trade these guys now. You could demand almost anything you want for a player that could put a contender over the hump.

What part of yesterday made you think there's a chance to compete this season? EXACTLY! The season is 1 game in and us Chiefs fans have seen this team all too often over the last 10 seasons... IT. IS. O. V. E. R. OVER!

START THE REBUILD!!

I think Trading Berry and Charles is a bit of a over reaction

The thing to consider is the Chiefs are a VERY young team. They have an Avg. age of 25 there oldest player is there punter. Part of what we are seeing is a team that is growing up.

I agree with Bowe the only way I would keep him is if he agrees to rework his deal and take less.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast