Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First of many rants on this team

Default First of many rants on this team

Lets start with the offense. It's still kind of hard for me to be really really angry with the offense because the fact is they haven't been complete at all outside of 5 plays in the preseason. Having said that I want to say a few things.

HOW IN THE WORLD does one of the top RBS in the NFL get 7 carries? WHAT THE Reid needs to get over his love for passing and RUN THE ball. Even more so when your best WR is not there. How much brain power does that take?

Next I want to say this Alex played bad today no one can question but to those who are already starting to complain about him after his contract What do you really expect? The same people who talk about the lack of talent expect him to excel with these guys? I said this in the game thread. People said the same things about Cassel. Cassel has played pretty well with the Vikings last year he wasn't bad there when he became the starter. MAYBE JUST MAYBE the problem hasn't really just been the QB but what's around the QB. Since Trent green left look at all the QBs that have been brought in. There's a long list. Look at the constant no WR outside of Bowe to really speak of the problems with the line. Maybe it's time to FIX THOSE instead of just fixating on the QB spot. I've been saying this for years. It's just annoying at this point to me But we keep doing the same thing it's frustrating. The Line is still very young and whats said is they showed progress today.

NOW LETS BEGIN WITH THE DEFENSE or what is suppose to be a defense

This is the same story as last year and the year before they started out ok. Then there was the missed field goal. They like always said well its been fun packed there stuff up and went home. This defense is Overhyped overrated they have not been called on it because the QB has always been the scapegoat for them We have good players on Defense sure but they are just as guilty of it as anyone else. It's a constant. As soon as that field goal was missed I knew they were going to come down and score a TD. If I were a betting man I would have doubled down on my house that it was going to happen. You are who you are and this defense is SOFT. They have been they will continue to do so. It's not going to change. It's time to start over on Defense and bring in guys who a Pillow wouldn't call soft.

So ends episode 1 on my what most might think of irrational sports rantings like my wife calls them there will be many more this year I'm sure. The sad thing is it would be just like this team to win next week in Denver to give us all hope that maybe we are just overreacting now and then lose the next 14. This is just so depressing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So you are saying since Herman Edwards came in and blew up our #1 offense including a solid offensive line while really not improving the Defense?

I can tell you that there was many games driving home from Arrowhead after listening to Herman in the post game interview that I started realizing that being a season ticket holder wasn't worth the cost vs entertainment.

As bad as our defense was, the Chiefs under DV was still fun to watch.
    Actually...I'd agree that Herman Edwards was where the Chiefs began to go to pot. The playoff game that we played under Hermann Edwards was easily the worst effort I've seen from the Chiefs in the playoffs.

The biggest question for me is how can a team that has used all of their salary cap money look this void of talent?!?! Our OL is an embarrassment. Our WR corp is equally as bad. And our secondary is worse than both of those. My only explanation is that we have two glaringly bad contracts. Dwayne Bowe and Tamba Hali. We need to get out from under those so we can have a more balanced team.

We have to build this team through the draft and let the high price free agents walk(I'm talking about you Justin Houston). Sign the cornerstone players like Jamaal Charles, QB, but paying pass rushers 12mm/yr is just dumb. Here is a current list of player salaries. Bowe and Hali's contracts are the most aggregious in my opinion.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/

The biggest question for me is how can a team that has used all of their salary cap money look this void of talent?!?!

Well, Dorsey made his "cherry" error with Bowe's contract. Dorsey signed Bowe based on his 2010 season I guess. How else do you explain such a bonehead move? The salary cap was totally destroyed. The 2014 season was sacrificed to sign Alex Smith and then Dorsey can focus on Justin Houston. Many players, including the Offensive Line, was sacrificed because of this. The 2015 season should hold more promise. 2014 has been flushed down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by mayanfootball View Post
    The biggest question for me is how can a team that has used all of their salary cap money look this void of talent?!?!

Well, Dorsey made his "cherry" error with Bowe's contract. Dorsey signed Bowe based on his 2010 season I guess. How else do you explain such a bonehead move? The salary cap was totally destroyed. The 2014 season was sacrificed to sign Alex Smith and then Dorsey can focus on Justin Houston. Many players, including the Offensive Line, was sacrificed because of this. The 2015 season should hold more promise. 2014 has been flushed down the toilet.
    I am still curious to see if Bowe's Drug bust will negate parts of his contract for 2015.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123