Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First of many rants on this team

Default First of many rants on this team

Lets start with the offense. It's still kind of hard for me to be really really angry with the offense because the fact is they haven't been complete at all outside of 5 plays in the preseason. Having said that I want to say a few things.

HOW IN THE WORLD does one of the top RBS in the NFL get 7 carries? WHAT THE Reid needs to get over his love for passing and RUN THE ball. Even more so when your best WR is not there. How much brain power does that take?

Next I want to say this Alex played bad today no one can question but to those who are already starting to complain about him after his contract What do you really expect? The same people who talk about the lack of talent expect him to excel with these guys? I said this in the game thread. People said the same things about Cassel. Cassel has played pretty well with the Vikings last year he wasn't bad there when he became the starter. MAYBE JUST MAYBE the problem hasn't really just been the QB but what's around the QB. Since Trent green left look at all the QBs that have been brought in. There's a long list. Look at the constant no WR outside of Bowe to really speak of the problems with the line. Maybe it's time to FIX THOSE instead of just fixating on the QB spot. I've been saying this for years. It's just annoying at this point to me But we keep doing the same thing it's frustrating. The Line is still very young and whats said is they showed progress today.

NOW LETS BEGIN WITH THE DEFENSE or what is suppose to be a defense

This is the same story as last year and the year before they started out ok. Then there was the missed field goal. They like always said well its been fun packed there stuff up and went home. This defense is Overhyped overrated they have not been called on it because the QB has always been the scapegoat for them We have good players on Defense sure but they are just as guilty of it as anyone else. It's a constant. As soon as that field goal was missed I knew they were going to come down and score a TD. If I were a betting man I would have doubled down on my house that it was going to happen. You are who you are and this defense is SOFT. They have been they will continue to do so. It's not going to change. It's time to start over on Defense and bring in guys who a Pillow wouldn't call soft.

So ends episode 1 on my what most might think of irrational sports rantings like my wife calls them there will be many more this year I'm sure. The sad thing is it would be just like this team to win next week in Denver to give us all hope that maybe we are just overreacting now and then lose the next 14. This is just so depressing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I don't think it's an overreaction. Of all those young players, which of them do you see playing a major role for this franchise going forward? Berry could definitely play a part. Poe, Fisher, Hudson, Allen, Kelce, Fulton, K. Davis, Ford, Houston, Thomas, ... and then... Cooper... MAYBE? Hali is gone after this year, Alex has as long as he stays healthy..., Fasano has a year or two MAYBE..., D.J. probably won't ever be the same, Sean Smith is manic...

I mean, yeah we're young, but those young guys aren't all that talented. We have a BUNCH of waiver wire guys on this roster. This team needs to be rebuilt through the draft... not the waiver wire. We need another draft with a ton of picks like the one that landed us Dorsey, Albert, Charles, etc all in the same draft. We already have a boat load of draft picks over the next 2 seasons... why not load up even further? That's exactly what the 49ers and Seahawks did. That's the road map this front office should follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Guys.....WTF is going on? Last year we went 11-5 and came within a whisker of FINALLY winning a playoff game. This year we lose the opener (badly I'll admit) and I see more anger, rage and hatred than I did during the 2012 disaster. One lousy leak and y'all are screaming the boat has sunk. WTF is up with that?
    Actually I do still have hope for this team, ctc. I picked them at 10-6 and until we lose 7, I'm sticking with it. It was just one game, and while it wasn't the worst game I've ever seen the Chiefs play, it certainly was lackluster and FULLY DESERVES all the crud slinging that's going to get thrown it's way.

I'm just wondering where all the talent got lost in last Sunday's game plan. We do have enough talent on this roster to keep ourselves from digging our own graves (okay we're not superbowl talent, but still enough to keep us in the dogfight), but the question is when will we start using it?

My hope is that this is Reid's way of jacking with Denver. There's still plenty time for those rodeo clowns to screw up their SB hopes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Guys.....WTF is going on? Last year we went 11-5 and came within a whisker of FINALLY winning a playoff game. This year we lose the opener (badly I'll admit) and I see more anger, rage and hatred than I did during the 2012 disaster. One lousy leak and y'all are screaming the boat has sunk. WTF is up with that?
    Because this team is more know for losing in the past than they're known for winning. If this team had been to the playoffs each of the past 10 years than yes I would say "it's one game" but this is not a consistent team.

The trouble for this franchise seemed to really start with the passing of owner and founder Lamar Hunt and from 2007 up until now, it's been a very rough rough ride for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The trouble for this franchise seemed to really start with the passing of owner and founder Lamar Hunt and from 2007 up until now, it's been a very rough rough ride for the most part.
    Agreed. This team hasn't shown any consistency since then.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I don't think it's an overreaction. Of all those young players, which of them do you see playing a major role for this franchise going forward? Berry could definitely play a part. Poe, Fisher, Hudson, Allen, Kelce, Fulton, K. Davis, Ford, Houston, Thomas, ... and then... Cooper... MAYBE? Hali is gone after this year, Alex has as long as he stays healthy..., Fasano has a year or two MAYBE..., D.J. probably won't ever be the same, Sean Smith is manic...

I mean, yeah we're young, but those young guys aren't all that talented. We have a BUNCH of waiver wire guys on this roster. This team needs to be rebuilt through the draft... not the waiver wire. We need another draft with a ton of picks like the one that landed us Dorsey, Albert, Charles, etc all in the same draft. We already have a boat load of draft picks over the next 2 seasons... why not load up even further? That's exactly what the 49ers and Seahawks did. That's the road map this front office should follow.
    and the 7 we got off waiver wires last year aren't good pickups? Cooper was picked up off waivers. I think our biggest issue we face as a team now would be chemistry. These guys need consistency so they know what the man next to him is going to do. That doesn't happen by dumping the star players and starting fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    So basically the moment Clark let Carl go. I truly think Clark is doing everything he can to win. I mean he is hiring top of the line talent who just appears products of a system. He went and spent top dollar for Pioli who at the time was one of the most sought after GM candidates. He then went to Philly to make sure Andy Reid was hired, and then went got another top prospect with Dorsey.

Unfortunately though, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. There are still many holes to fix, and more holes about to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So basically the moment Clark let Carl go.
    Not quite. Carl stuck around for two more years after Lamar passed away.

So you are saying since Herman Edwards came in and blew up our #1 offense including a solid offensive line while really not improving the Defense?

I can tell you that there was many games driving home from Arrowhead after listening to Herman in the post game interview that I started realizing that being a season ticket holder wasn't worth the cost vs entertainment.

As bad as our defense was, the Chiefs under DV was still fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So you are saying since Herman Edwards came in and blew up our #1 offense including a solid offensive line while really not improving the Defense?
    Herm didn't blow up anything. Willie Roaf had retired and Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Jason Dunn, Eddie Kennison, and Will Shields were succumbing to age and Waters and Weigmann were also starting to decline. They did make the post-season in Herm's first year in 2006 -- the same year Lamar Hunt passed away at the end of that season. Then the bottom fell out the next year in 2007.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast