Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs need some changes!

Default Chiefs need some changes!

Since last years bye week the Chiefs are now 2 wins and 7 losses. With the schedule they have I don't see them winning until they play the Rams and by that time they will be 2-12 since last years bye week. Thy have drafted a lot of defensive talent over he last few years but we need some offensive help.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    .....eh, the problem is, Miami is not a playoff team. KC just can't get over that hump of beating playoff teams. A win vs NE and SF would be a huge boost for the fans and org. but then again i'm sure we'd get the "NE is too old, SF looks like crap this year"
    While Miami might not be a playoff team they did beat NE so they are also no pushovers.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    While Miami might not be a playoff team they did beat NE so they are also no pushovers.
    true but a win over NE or Seattle looks way better than a win over miami

true but a win over NE or Seattle looks way better than a win over miami
    That they do hopefully we get that chance

And this team did look competitive with Denver did they win no but they were there at the end. They need to build on that and from what we saw yesterday it looks like they might have done that. But It will look a whole lot better if they are able to actually get the job done at Arrowhead on MNF. All in all as bad as week 1 looked the last 2 games have been something to be hopeful about even with 1 Loss. I still don't think this is going to be a playoff team but I don't think blowing things up trading everyone away is the answer either. The reason we are in the spot we are is that we have blown up rebuild after rebuild since we have had 3 gms since 2008. The rebuild is already underway and we already have a good number of draft picks coming we just got to make good use of those picks.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

.....eh, the problem is, Miami is not a playoff team. KC just can't get over that hump of beating playoff teams. A win vs NE and SF would be a huge boost for the fans and org. but then again i'm sure we'd get the "NE is too old, SF looks like crap this year"
    So you already know who the playoff teams are?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    So you already know who the playoff teams are?
    You would consider Miami a playoff team? in the last....5 years we have 3 wins (Green Bay (only loss til the playoff game), Denver with Tebow, Seattle (7-9 playoff) vs teams that made the playoffs that year.

Finishing drives and beating the best AFC and NFC teams needs to start happening if the chiefs want to get to the playoffs, win playoff games, and win a title.

forgot the vick led eagles last year.

this O line just can't pass block. so we need help there. the hurry up ?? god forbid. but Smith's pretty good with the 2 step and throw. 5 step he's dead meat. we saw that when the fins nailed him in the EZ.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

With only one year? The Chiefs have turned things around but to those the want changes to come as fast as their video games it might seem like an eternity but when you are only 12 a season seems like a long time.

So... after seeing the league 1/4 of the way through the season, I predict the Chiefs will start their season 1-5 but end up playing San Diego at home with a record of 8-7. I think they'll lose to Seattle and Arizona, but beat Denver at home. I don't see them losing to the Rams, Jets, Bills, Raiders (2x), or Steelers (even though it's in Pitt). I think their ceiling is 10-6 and their basement is 7-9... and that really sucks because it puts us in mediocre hell. We'll probably miss the playoffs and get a **** draft selection.

To make the playoffs, the Chiefs will have to win all the games I listed above and come up with 2 or 3 wins against the Pats, 49ers, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Chargers (along with winning that Broncos game at home and the Steelers game in Pitt). I think the best shots the Chiefs have are tomorrow against the Pats and in SF with Smith playing with a chip on his shoulder. They couldn't beat SD last year with a better team, so there's no reason to think they can do it this year. You can't think you have much of a shot against the Champs. The only other game to pull out a win is AT Arizona... who are playing some of the best football in the league right now.

Tough row to hoe.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast