Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs need some changes!

Default Chiefs need some changes!

Since last years bye week the Chiefs are now 2 wins and 7 losses. With the schedule they have I don't see them winning until they play the Rams and by that time they will be 2-12 since last years bye week. Thy have drafted a lot of defensive talent over he last few years but we need some offensive help.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The toxic atmosphere Pioli created during his time here is proof he wasn't doing things the right way. Crennel as a HC was a poor choice... but Haley was worse. He continually had poor drafts. The primary foundation of this team is still primarily Herm's guys. Jackson's gone, Cassel's gone, Baldwin's gone, Arenas, Moeaki, Asomoah, McCluster, etc. Peterson/Herm left more to work with for Pioli than Pioli left for Dorsey/Reid. Pioli had 32 draft picks... only 10 are still here. Hell, 5 of Herm's guys are still on the team and we just lost 2 more this past off season. Pioli was gawd awful at his job... period.
    I 100% disagree here. Haley wasn't a bad choice at all he was a hot OC who had just helped Arizona get to the superbowl. And while in KC showed promise that he could turn into a good HC. The problem with Haley wasn't that he was a horrible coach it was he was a hot head. And a hot head working with Pioli just wasn't going to end well. Romeo was an outdated choice. He was what he was. There wasn't a lot of potential in Romeo like there was Haley. And hey I was one of Haley biggest critics on here near the end of his stay because he was a hot head who was more into sticking it to Pioli then he was making choices to help the team win (See Tyler Palko)

The last rebuild of this franchise, unfortunately, was overseen by someone who didn't know what they were doing. Herm was doing a great job of building this team... he was just a piss poor HC. Then, they brought in Pioli/Haley and it proved to be a horrible decision by this franchise... just like I said it would be when they made the move going into 2009. Don't believe me? Check the archives.
    Agreed If I were to here tomorrow that the Chiefs Hired Herm Edwards to be the new GM I wouldn't be to upset I would be interested in seeing how things went. If I were to here tomorrow that he was brought back to be the HC I would be booking a one way trip to KC and lets just say I wouldn't have to worry about a trip back I would be getting housed by the police
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I 100% disagree here. Haley wasn't a bad choice at all he was a hot OC who had just helped Arizona get to the superbowl. And while in KC showed promise that he could turn into a good HC. The problem with Haley wasn't that he was a horrible coach it was he was a hot head. And a hot head working with Pioli just wasn't going to end well. Romeo was an outdated choice. He was what he was. There wasn't a lot of potential in Romeo like there was Haley. And hey I was one of Haley biggest critics on here near the end of his stay because he was a hot head who was more into sticking it to Pioli then he was making choices to help the team win (See Tyler Palko)
    I hated the Haley pick from the beginning for al lthe reasons he turned out to be a horrible coach. He's a horrendous offensive play caller (ask any Steeler fan if you disagree and thought our offense was great while he was here) and pretty much rode the coattails of Ken Wisenhunt in Arizona. When a coach is consistently getting into fights with his players, he's not head coach material. If you need any further evidence, just look north to Minnesota and look how Cassel is performing away from Haley. He's not the star Pioli hoped he'd be, but he's not worst QB in the league the way he was under Haley. Running players off in a very public way as soon as he arrived was yet another red flag. Everything about that guy is/was an absolute failure and it spoke volumes about how poor of an evaluator Scott Pioli was to hang hitch his initial GM wagon to Haley. That hire alone and the subsequent result would've been enough for me to fire Pioli if I were Hunt.

This past decade of Chiefs football has bred a culture of losing. A complete rebuild should be on the docket with very few (if any) names deemed untouchable. This team needs to be purged. Why would you want players who have lost so much over the last 7 seasons leading a team with so much youth? Those guys are obviously not the guys you want teaching your rookies how to win... because they obviously have no idea. If we are going to have vets teach the young guys how to win, maybe we should get some on this team who have... oh, i don't know... maybe WON a playoff game? Just a thought. That's why I like the Andy Reid hire so much. He may have never won a Super Bowl, but he made a Championship game 4 times and a Super Bowl once to go along with numerous winning seasons under his belt including his first with THIS team.

I hated the Haley pick from the beginning for al lthe reasons he turned out to be a horrible coach. He's a horrendous offensive play caller (ask any Steeler fan if you disagree and thought our offense was great while he was here) and pretty much rode the coattails of Ken Wisenhunt in Arizona. When a coach is consistently getting into fights with his players, he's not head coach material. If you need any further evidence, just look north to Minnesota and look how Cassel is performing away from Haley. He's not the star Pioli hoped he'd be, but he's not worst QB in the league the way he was under Haley. Running players off in a very public way as soon as he arrived was yet another red flag. Everything about that guy is/was an absolute failure and it spoke volumes about how poor of an evaluator Scott Pioli was to hang hitch his initial GM wagon to Haley. That hire alone and the subsequent result would've been enough for me to fire Pioli if I were Hunt.

This past decade of Chiefs football has bred a culture of losing. A complete rebuild should be on the docket with very few (if any) names deemed untouchable. This team needs to be purged. Why would you want players who have lost so much over the last 7 seasons leading a team with so much youth? Those guys are obviously not the guys you want teaching your rookies how to win... because they obviously have no idea. If we are going to have vets teach the young guys how to win, maybe we should get some on this team who have... oh, i don't know... maybe WON a playoff game? Just a thought. That's why I like the Andy Reid hire so much. He may have never won a Super Bowl, but he made a Championship game 4 times and a Super Bowl once to go along with numerous winning seasons under his belt including his first with THIS team.
    I think your to quick to judge and saying cassel is doing good in Minnesota cuz he juwt threw like 3 picks last Sunday and its just the 3rd week in. Haley prolly aint the best hc or oc but he wasnt the main problem. Pioli was and how he ran the team and his culture of being an *** and paranoid. I think haley could have been a good hc with the right gm but haley and pioli is a deadly combination.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I think your to quick to judge and saying cassel is doing good in Minnesota cuz he juwt threw like 3 picks last Sunday and its just the 3rd week in. Haley prolly aint the best hc or oc but he wasnt the main problem. Pioli was and how he ran the team and his culture of being an *** and paranoid. I think haley could have been a good hc with the right gm but haley and pioli is a deadly combination.
    Yeah, last week was pretty bad for Cassel. But he wasn't horrid last year either. Again, not saying he's a good QB, but he's not the worst anymore. As far as Pioli's paranoia, I think it was warranted. Think of where he came from. The Patriots are known cheaters. He was closing all the holes he and the Patriots exploited when they cheated against other teams. From what I've heard in Atlanta, they've been implementing those same policies since their "Patriot Way" GM got hired and it got even more strict when Pioli was brought on. Because Kraft is the #1 or #2 owner in the league, he gets away with that sh!t.

Agreed If I were to here tomorrow that the Chiefs Hired Herm Edwards to be the new GM I wouldn't be to upset I would be interested in seeing how things went. If I were to here tomorrow that he was brought back to be the HC I would be booking a one way trip to KC and lets just say I wouldn't have to worry about a trip back I would be getting housed by the police
    Actually m/c if Edwards was announced as HC again...You would probably be getting a free pass home. The line of others getting "police housing" would be way too long by the time you got here.

Haley was horrible. Constantly screaming at his players. His single redeeming quality was the fact that he brought back some discipline (the team had grown way too lax under Edwards), but Haley didn't have the experience or innovation to take it any further than that. His offense was boring and dated, and he even lost focus of that by trying to be HC and OC all at one time. We saw it coming, or should have (Once Pioli was brought onboard, commentators everywhere were saying that Haley was going to be the next coach). Then injuries took it's toll in '11 (Could be interpreted as bad luck. Could also be interpreted as an unprepared team.) and Haley accused the boss (Pioli) of tapping his cellphone. Exit Haley, and then Crennel got the job by default. That whole fiasco was courtesy of Pioli, who couldn't bear to trust anything that wasn't NE in some way, shape or form.

The only way I'd consider Herm Edwards for anything would be a talent scout, period. Even Pioli, despite being as paranoid as he was, kept Edwards around to evaluate talent. Edwards is (almost) in a position where he can do no damage right now so let's keep him right where he is. Just someone please unplug Herm's microphone every once in awhile.

Today is why blowing things up just isn't the right thing to do. These young guys steped up today we need to let them grow up and see just how good they are before blowing everything up yet again
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Today is why blowing things up just isn't the right thing to do. These young guys steped up today we need to let them grow up and see just how good they are before blowing everything up yet again
    Agree and excited about the draft this year as we should have alot of picks with the comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Actually m/c if Edwards was announced as HC again...You would probably be getting a free pass home. The line of others getting "police housing" would be way too long by the time you got here.

Haley was horrible. Constantly screaming at his players. His single redeeming quality was the fact that he brought back some discipline (the team had grown way too lax under Edwards), but Haley didn't have the experience or innovation to take it any further than that. His offense was boring and dated, and he even lost focus of that by trying to be HC and OC all at one time. We saw it coming, or should have (Once Pioli was brought onboard, commentators everywhere were saying that Haley was going to be the next coach). Then injuries took it's toll in '11 (Could be interpreted as bad luck. Could also be interpreted as an unprepared team.) and Haley accused the boss (Pioli) of tapping his cellphone. Exit Haley, and then Crennel got the job by default. That whole fiasco was courtesy of Pioli, who couldn't bear to trust anything that wasn't NE in some way, shape or form.

The only way I'd consider Herm Edwards for anything would be a talent scout, period. Even Pioli, despite being as paranoid as he was, kept Edwards around to evaluate talent. Edwards is (almost) in a position where he can do no damage right now so let's keep him right where he is. Just someone please unplug Herm's microphone every once in awhile.
    Herman Edwards is the reason I gave up my season tickets. I don't want him any where near this team in any capacity. You may give him credit for some of the players, but there is so many other people involved in drafting that the HC, so I refuse to give him credit for them all. Carl Peterson as much as I hate has just as much credit as Herm witht he guys they drafted.

I am so tired of hearing Herman's Serman specially after a horrible lose, saying Hey I was a player, and you just have those types of games. Just to hear it again, the next week, and then the next week etc..... I left Arrowhead upset but even more upset at hearing how clueless Herm was to why they were losing. I remember him saying 27 Points is for Arena Football.

.....eh, the problem is, Miami is not a playoff team. KC just can't get over that hump of beating playoff teams. A win vs NE and SF would be a huge boost for the fans and org. but then again i'm sure we'd get the "NE is too old, SF looks like crap this year"

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    .....eh, the problem is, Miami is not a playoff team. KC just can't get over that hump of beating playoff teams. A win vs NE and SF would be a huge boost for the fans and org. but then again i'm sure we'd get the "NE is too old, SF looks like crap this year"
    Ne is looking old but we all know Brady could culd kill ust with Edelman and Gronk but I expect with the receiver getting upset wth Brady, he is going to make it an effort to spread the ball around.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast