Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs need some changes!

Default Chiefs need some changes!

Since last years bye week the Chiefs are now 2 wins and 7 losses. With the schedule they have I don't see them winning until they play the Rams and by that time they will be 2-12 since last years bye week. Thy have drafted a lot of defensive talent over he last few years but we need some offensive help.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    So... after seeing the league 1/4 of the way through the season, I predict the Chiefs will start their season 1-5 but end up playing San Diego at home with a record of 8-7. I think they'll lose to Seattle and Arizona, but beat Denver at home. I don't see them losing to the Rams, Jets, Bills, Raiders (2x), or Steelers (even though it's in Pitt). I think their ceiling is 10-6 and their basement is 7-9... and that really sucks because it puts us in mediocre hell. We'll probably miss the playoffs and get a **** draft selection.

To make the playoffs, the Chiefs will have to win all the games I listed above and come up with 2 or 3 wins against the Pats, 49ers, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Chargers (along with winning that Broncos game at home and the Steelers game in Pitt). I think the best shots the Chiefs have are tomorrow against the Pats and in SF with Smith playing with a chip on his shoulder. They couldn't beat SD last year with a better team, so there's no reason to think they can do it this year. You can't think you have much of a shot against the Champs. The only other game to pull out a win is AT Arizona... who are playing some of the best football in the league right now.

Tough row to hoe.
    Nobody said this season was going to be a cakewalk. But I still think this team is capable of going on a tear and getting a good win streak in. There's plenty of good teams out there that look less-than-perfect.

I hope that we can end the talk of just trading everyone away for a while now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Can you please say that again?

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Can you please say that again?
    Nah, I am starting to get on the Trade Berry bandwagon. Lets gets something for him instead of paying him to watch from the sideline. If things keep up, he will be naturally replaced and we might as well get something for him instead of just letting him walk. I don't see the Chiefs giving him a big contract next year specially with Houston needing a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Try not to get too high on the highs. The Chiefs got blown out at home by a poor team, got beat by a good team, and then beat two poor teams. Now, they've gotta go on the road for a pair of games against a couple of playoff teams. Even if the Chiefs win all the games "they're supposed to" (Rams, Jets, Bills, @Oakland, Oakland, & Pittsburgh), they still need to find a way to win 2 of their games against SF, SDx2, Denver, Arizona, & Seattle just to get to 10 wins... and even 10 wins doesn't guarantee a playoff berth.

So no... I don't think it's time to stop talking about maximizing the value of our assets. Not even considering the prospect of trading some high profile players would be incredibly short-sighted.

Try not to get too high on the highs. The Chiefs got blown out at home by a poor team, got beat by a good team, and then beat two poor teams. Now, they've gotta go on the road for a pair of games against a couple of playoff teams. Even if the Chiefs win all the games "they're supposed to" (Rams, Jets, Bills, @Oakland, Oakland, & Pittsburgh), they still need to find a way to win 2 of their games against SF, SDx2, Denver, Arizona, & Seattle just to get to 10 wins... and even 10 wins doesn't guarantee a playoff berth.

So no... I don't think it's time to stop talking about maximizing the value of our assets. Not even considering the prospect of trading some high profile players would be incredibly short-sighted.
    Ok so if we do get 10 wins and miss the playoffs then you would still trade everyone and blow up the team and rebuild? Seriously people need to stop. We have been rebuilding over and over and that didn't work. The only one id consider was hali or maybe berry. Hali still is great and we have been surviving with out berry so maybe berry. Bu5 maybe berry would help improve our run defense since we lost our two middle line backers.

Berry is a free agent next year. He was given one of those over paid Rookie contract from the draft prior to the CBA changes. Do you think he deserves a top paid contract making it difficult to resign Houston, or to part ways with DJ, Bowe or Tamba just so we can sign him.

Plus of the one game you mentioned about gettig blown out in, was the one game Berry played in. This defense is getting better without him. Now I am sure with him in there it would be even better, but is his future with the Chiefs is questionable specially since he can't see the field and the team appears to be moving on.

If we could get a good draft pick for him, I would be willing to listen. I am not saying to trade him just to get rid of him, but unless the Chiefs intend to sign him, they should be listening to offers.

Sorry Berry is a Free Agent in 2016. Kind of changes my opinion. Still he is over paid sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Ok so if we do get 10 wins and miss the playoffs then you would still trade everyone and blow up the team and rebuild? Seriously people need to stop. We have been rebuilding over and over and that didn't work. The only one id consider was hali or maybe berry. Hali still is great and we have been surviving with out berry so maybe berry. Bu5 maybe berry would help improve our run defense since we lost our two middle line backers.
    THIS

Again here's the thing WE ARE REBUILDING.

Did we get blown out week 1 yes. Most teams in the NFL have a klunker in the season. The Pats as they stated last night one of their superbowl years lost 31-0 to the Bills. So they should have blown it up and rebuild trade brady away time to they had a blow out loss?

Did we lose week 2 yes. We didn't get blown out and we were in the game to the very end. Losing to a good team on the road isn't a horrible thing. The Seahawks lost a hard fought game to the Chargers on the road. So trade Russel Wilson Sherman it's time to rebuild?

Relax people

We have a YOUNG team and the kicker is we already have a good number of draft picks. trading everyone away and blowing it up because we had a bad start to the year just isnt smart. And hey if we do go 8-8 it's still not time to trade everyone away. We need to see what we got with this rebuild before we blow it up yet again. If you want to let Bowe go fine I get that they have the right to due to his suspension I would at least try to get him to rework his deal to be more team friendly first but trading everyone way will just be yet anther setback. We don't need that. We already have the draft picks we just need to use them wisely.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I am not freaking out. I am actually doing the opposite. I thought we were up a creek with Berry out. The last three weeks the defense has improved from each week all without Berry. His value is decreasing each day he sits out.

Now there is still a concern up the middle with the running game that both DJ and Berry would solidify but what if we could pick up that stud Safety in the draft next year with a draft pick for Berry. We would save money, get even younger, and possibly healthier.

From what I have heard, Berry's first injury was arthritus of the foot. I don't think that just goes away.

As I stated, I am not looking to get rid of Berry. If he stays Great... But at this point, if he still has value and it means signing someone else like Houston or keeping DJ. I am open to it. He most likley won't be here in 2016 anyway.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast