Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *&#% You!!!!

Default *&#% You!!!!

I have been on several different BBs. A couple of them have a forum especially for adult language. In order to use, or even view, these forums, one was required to applyfor/submit an entry to, the administrator.

Just wandering if we want to consider this. It may help to keep the rest of the board a little cleaner.

Thought?

I would say that it is unnecessary in that it will serve to split the community into those that want to talk about the game and those that want to talk about the game and curse.

Plus, I really feel that we have enough forums already.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

My thoughts are as a father with an 8 year old that tries to watch over my shoulder, that I understand the occasional slip up. The emotional post, the video that has language and is warned about (occasionally).

I also feel that part of the draw of this board for me is that it is slightly moderated. Meaning, I like that when I post, it immediately shows up. I also like not having to read the f bomb every 10 words.

I have relatives and acquaintances that drop the f bomb and other extremely explicit words all the time. When that happens they lose respect. These words are best used to show extreme feeling. Used to often they just make the user look like a fool.

BTW I listen to Eminem, 50 Cent, and others I am far from a churchy preachy person. I even let my kids listen to the explicit version and sometimes speak it. But when I speak it I use it to convey that I am really really unhappy about something.

Like if the Chiefs would have lost to the Raiders, I would have dropped a couple f bombs lol, just not in here.

You can be emotional and vocal without the use of these words.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    My thoughts are as a father with an 8 year old that tries to watch over my shoulder, that I understand the occasional slip up. The emotional post, the video that has language and is warned about (occasionally).

I also feel that part of the draw of this board for me is that it is slightly moderated. Meaning, I like that when I post, it immediately shows up. I also like not having to read the f bomb every 10 words.

I have relatives and acquaintances that drop the f bomb and other extremely explicit words all the time. When that happens they lose respect. These words are best used to show extreme feeling. Used to often they just make the user look like a fool.

BTW I listen to Eminem, 50 Cent, and others I am far from a churchy preachy person. I even let my kids listen to the explicit version and sometimes speak it. But when I speak it I use it to convey that I am really really unhappy about something.

Like if the Chiefs would have lost to the Raiders, I would have dropped a couple f bombs lol, just not in here.

You can be emotional and vocal without the use of these words.
    Agreed! A person can relay their feelings without cursing.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

What's wrong with all you !@@#@???

Dude explicitly stated that the forum would be restricted to those that don't mind the occasional F bomb!

If you were here in KC and went and talked to ANY Chiefs fan, they realize that when the subject is the Chiefs, emotion can sometimes override the best intentions!

If someone wants to vent on here give them the forum!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I agree with Guru as far as forums go. I also believe we are all adults. I think we can show enough respect on both sides of the issue. Try to be respectful and restrict the usage of cursing, but also respect that a person could be riled up and let a few slip. I personally am just not for more forums, automated posts, etc. Not my call, but that's my opinion.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I would say that it is unnecessary in that it will serve to split the community into those that want to talk about the game and those that want to talk about the game and curse.

Plus, I really feel that we have enough forums already.
    Agreed! The fact that we don't have a forum like this is exactly what separates us from the other BB's for the better IMO.

However, it is entirely up to the admin. I do recall admin telling me that he didn't want this Board to become one that is saturated with bad language.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What's wrong with all you !@@#@???

Dude explicitly stated that the forum would be restricted to those that don't mind the occasional F bomb!

If you were here in KC and went and talked to ANY Chiefs fan, they realize that when the subject is the Chiefs, emotion can sometimes override the best intentions!

If someone wants to vent on here give them the forum!
    There are BB's out there where virtually anything goes; if you simply can't log on without vile language spewing out then by all means make good use of those BB's. I think we have been more then accommodating with the forums currently listed on the board. I'd like to think that as adults most of us here have a vocabulary extensive enough to express our feelings without excessive cursing.

But that's just me.

I am a potty mouth, so none of it bothers me.

I am able to control my verbosity while I type, but sometimes is slips out when talking to persons that are not accustomed to that type of language.

I think what chief31 was trying to say is there would be a place that the IDIOTS could go to on the board and we could make fun of them.

chief31?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I am a potty mouth, so none of it bothers me.

I am able to control my verbosity while I type, but sometimes is slips out when talking to persons that are not accustomed to that type of language.

I think what chief31 was trying to say is there would be a place that the IDIOTS could go to on the board and we could make fun of them.

chief31?
    I understand what your saying; I just don't think it's all that necessary, but like I said before: it's up to the admin. I'll go along with what he decides.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast