Thread: 2015 Draft looks

Default 2015 Draft looks

Sorry guys I know its way too early for this.

I have compiled a list of players I want the Chiefs to target. In no particular order
    Please any feedback and what you think is appreciated.

Wide Receiver: I personally think we need to draft 2 receivers

Amari Cooper-Alabama
    Ty Montgomery-Stanford
    Sammie Coates-Auburn
    Stefon Diggs-Maryland

Offensive Tackle: We finally need to get a starting Right Tackle

Brandon Scheriff-Iowa
    Cameron Erving-Florida State
    Corey Robinson-South Carolina

Offensive Guard: Cant never have to many

Tre' Jackson-Florida State
    John Miller-Louisville

Center

Hroniss Grasu-Oregon

Safeties: This needs to be addressed at some point

Adrian Amos-Free Safety-Penn State
    Tyler Hunter-Strong Safety-Florida State

Cornerbacks: I think always deserve a look

Steven Nelson-Oregon State

Inside Linebacker: Cause DJ And Tamba aren't gonna be around forever. Plus we have needed Another Inside for a while

Ben Heeney-Kansas
    Ramik Wilson-Georgia
    Denzel Perryman-Miami U
    Erik Kendricks-UCLA

Worth Interest
    Outside Linebacker

Jake Ryan-Michigan

Defensive End

Frank Clark-Michigan

I wasn't sure about this one but here goes
    Running Back

Terrance Magee-LSU
    Malcolm Brown-Texas

Kicker in case Santos Doesn't make it

Jared Roberts-Colorado State

Well there it is what do you guys think? Please be honest with me, iam by now means a talent scout or evaluater, this is personal observations and guys that have impressed me

I want to see what this team looks like at the bye week. If we get the Chiefs all season that we saw in week 1, we'll be a top 3 pick. If we get the Chiefs we saw in week 2, we could threaten for a wild card (believe it or not). I think our schedule will prevent us from being a playoff team, however. If this team is a 1-win or winless team at the bye week, I would give some serious thought to blowing the team up. Trading Charles, Hali, and maybe Berry (depending on the offer) would be something really worth considering. Take the rest of the year to evaluate the talent currently on the team and identify what needs need to be met next spring. By doing this, you maximize the value those few players still offer the franchise by bringing back draft picks which translate to cheap/controllable talent while also ensuring that this lost season won't be in vein by scraping by a 6-10, 5-11, 7-9 record and ending up in the middle of the first round instead of at the top where the talent is full of cornerstone players.

My question would be what would the Chiefs do if they're picking in the top 5 and a Mariota or Winston fall in their lap? Could you really pass on the type of QB in a Reid system even though you just extended Alex Smith? Dorsey saw what came of Aaron Rogers sitting behind Favre for a few years... would he do that to a top 5 overall pick and tie up all those resources in the QB position? Would Murray and/or Bray become tradeable assets at that point a la Matt Flynn, or the multiple QBs out of Philly?

This franchise doesn't just need a change... they need a shock to the system... they need to find someway to hit the "reset" button and hopefully, they've got a front office who isn't afraid to make a big move like that. All these little moves we've seen over the past 8 seasons just aren't getting it done. Somebody... please... swing for the fences!!

Id like to grab Cooper. He doesn't have elite size, but he is the best player and currently our draft projection. Im not sure how the other WRs size up but Jalen Strong from AZ State is 6'3 220+ and looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I want to see what this team looks like at the bye week. If we get the Chiefs all season that we saw in week 1, we'll be a top 3 pick. If we get the Chiefs we saw in week 2, we could threaten for a wild card (believe it or not). I think our schedule will prevent us from being a playoff team, however. If this team is a 1-win or winless team at the bye week, I would give some serious thought to blowing the team up. Trading Charles, Hali, and maybe Berry (depending on the offer) would be something really worth considering. Take the rest of the year to evaluate the talent currently on the team and identify what needs need to be met next spring. By doing this, you maximize the value those few players still offer the franchise by bringing back draft picks which translate to cheap/controllable talent while also ensuring that this lost season won't be in vein by scraping by a 6-10, 5-11, 7-9 record and ending up in the middle of the first round instead of at the top where the talent is full of cornerstone players.

My question would be what would the Chiefs do if they're picking in the top 5 and a Mariota or Winston fall in their lap? Could you really pass on the type of QB in a Reid system even though you just extended Alex Smith? Dorsey saw what came of Aaron Rogers sitting behind Favre for a few years... would he do that to a top 5 overall pick and tie up all those resources in the QB position? Would Murray and/or Bray become tradeable assets at that point a la Matt Flynn, or the multiple QBs out of Philly?

This franchise doesn't just need a change... they need a shock to the system... they need to find someway to hit the "reset" button and hopefully, they've got a front office who isn't afraid to make a big move like that. All these little moves we've seen over the past 8 seasons just aren't getting it done. Somebody... please... swing for the fences!!

Yeah lets just keep blowing the team ul and rebuild over and over. I think we proved that doesnt work. How many times do we have to do that to prove it doesnt work. You keep doing the same things you keel getting the same results. You keep building and upgrading. You might trade one player but thats all i would and that would be hali since we have dee ford.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Yeah lets just keep blowing the team ul and rebuild over and over.
    I'm not sure what a "team ul" is.

But I think it's kind of crazy to be talking about draft picks this early in the season. Some of those players could blow out a knee. Other players could step up from out of nowhere. And we don't know for sure what our needs will be (although WR, defensive secondary and offensive line seem like likely candidates at this point.) I would rather see how the season plays out and wait until the off season to start thinking about the draft.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I'm not sure what a "team ul" is.

But I think it's kind of crazy to be talking about draft picks this early in the season. Some of those players could blow out a knee. Other players could step up from out of nowhere. And we don't know for sure what our needs will be (although WR, defensive secondary and offensive line seem like likely candidates at this point.) I would rather see how the season plays out and wait until the off season to start thinking about the draft.
    Up*
    I was being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Up*
    I was being sarcastic
    LOL! sorry, I didn't make that obvious connection when I read through it. I wasn't pointing out a typo. I actually thought it was an abbreviation for something! (Underwriter's Laboratories?)

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)