Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: differance between a good &great qb

Default differance between a good &great qb

I do give the chiefs credit for hanging around in the donkeys game. But its just not good enough. And I can't help but think we way over paid an average qb. Go back to the Colts playoff game he couldnt get it done on the last drive. And then again this week. Now I know I am stating the obvious when I say smith is average. But it is very clear the differance between a great qb and an average one. A great one would have pulled those last minute drives through. at least 1 of the 2 drives. Smith might be deserving of the choke stature sooner than latet

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Ha this is hilarious I remember alot of people trying to protect matt cassell the same way. Bringing up stats as if they are a pitchers era stats. I bet smith is not the starter in 3 years but some fans have drank to much koolaid and have to bring up every GOOD stat they can find. The fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something. Is he a serviceable qb that can win SOME games sure. Is he going to get us to the superbowl I doubt it.
    You are so full of it. We dont have to defend him ciz his play speaks for itsf and has outplahed alpt of other top qbs. You so full of hate that you camt see your own bs. Let me guess you wanted geno smith? Smith already has proved himself. Hes the only reason we had a chance this year. Charles hasnt done much. Its all on smith to make plays which he has with his arms and legs. I was never high on cassel. Smiths ratings in the last 3 years is Higher then some other top qbs. Hes smart and a winner. Hes a gamer and makes plays happen. You are just a hater. Plain and simple. No even worth arguing cuz your argumemt has no merit. Your just hating.

Ha this is hilarious I remember alot of people trying to protect matt cassell the same way. Bringing up stats as if they are a pitchers era stats. I bet smith is not the starter in 3 years but some fans have drank to much koolaid and have to bring up every GOOD stat they can find. The fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something. Is he a serviceable qb that can win SOME games sure. Is he going to get us to the superbowl I doubt it.
    Do you watch the games? Alex Smith is making Chicken Salad out of Chicken poop for an offensive line. Other than week one of this year he has done nothing since being a Chief to lose us a game but has done so much more to win them. I would like to see Peyton Manning play with this offense. He would struggle. Our receivers don't get open fast enough for Peyton to make the fast decisions he does and has no mobility and would be hit nearly every play.

If Smith is not a starter in three years it is because this offensive line got him hurt.

The fact that you're bringing up Matt Cassel after a Chiefs win is interesting, too. Actually it was the people trying to smear Matt Cassel that were inventing statistics out the wazoo. The answer was always the same, no matter how inverted the numbers got - Pioli signed a 60 mill dollar QB but didn't bother fixing the O-line until it was too late. Even after Cassel got an NFL career pounded out of him, he was STILL signed by another NFL team, and is playing. Which is saying something.

Isn't there a team in Salt Lake you can cheer for? Maybe the Utes or The faders aint too far away...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Isn't there a team in Salt Lake you can cheer for? Maybe the Utes or The faders aint too far away...
    *ha people like you on this site. are what is making it an irrelevant site any more . What nobody can have a differant opinion than you on here. I dont think smith is a great qb so what dont get your panties in a bundle

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    You are so full of it. We dont have to defend him ciz his play speaks for itsf and has outplahed alpt of other top qbs. You so full of hate that you camt see your own bs. Let me guess you wanted geno smith? Smith already has proved himself. Hes the only reason we had a chance this year. Charles hasnt done much. Its all on smith to make plays which he has with his arms and legs. I was never high on cassel. Smiths ratings in the last 3 years is Higher then some other top qbs. Hes smart and a winner. Hes a gamer and makes plays happen. You are just a hater. Plain and simple. No even worth arguing cuz your argumemt has no merit. Your just hating.
    I didn't recall SLC being a Geno Supporter so I did some looking and was surprised to find that SLC was in fact supporting Alex when Myman was ranting about him.. He at least gave Alex a chance here's a sample

slc chief
    Sep 2008

Originally Posted by MyManHali
    You call averaging 196 yards per game and a 17 td year "tearing it up?"

no i call a qbr rating of 104 with 13 td's and 5 ints in 10 games tearing it up. let alone the checkdowns and smarts he has to put his football team in a position to win. get over it alex smith is a chief. if your a real chief fan you would at least give the guy a chance and watch the 2013 season playout before you get on the internet every day to complain about it. your persistant i will give you that. but every body said flacco could not win a championship look what happend.the bottomline is. a team will get you superbowls. to many fans try to compare the real game to fantasy football. put together a good team and good coaches get some continuity and bam back on top. chiefs are on there way

TopekaRoy is my hero!

*ha people like you on this site. are what is making it an irrelevant site any more . What nobody can have a differant opinion than you on here. I dont think smith is a great qb so what dont get your panties in a bundle
    I myself would agree that he's not a top level QB. The only Issue that I have with your take on Smith is he gets no credit at all. When he threw Td passes yesterday you said it was all the receiver and didn't give him an ounce of credit. That's just not a fair take IMO. I have been very critical of this defense. But when they played yesterday I could at least tip my cap to them and say they did well. People who have been Anti Smith just can never seem to give him credit where it's due but when it comes time to place blame he seems to be the only one that gets pointed to.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I put it on a thread yesterday nice drive from alex smith. Yes my tone has changed on smith from a year ago can we win games with him yes. But I am seeing alot of panic in the pocket from him that reminds me of cassell. Most of it is his crappy offensive line. But once a qb is ruined from being to panicked in the pocket to often it is hard for that qb to come back from it. A part of it is also hoping that Andy reid the so called horse whisperer for qbs. has something better up his sleeve and we can have an elite qb in k.c and be a consistent playoff division winning team. As far asbeing in slc I can't tell you how many donkey fans I have to fend of on a weekly basis.

I put it on a thread yesterday nice drive from alex smith. Yes my tone has changed on smith from a year ago can we win games with him yes. But I am seeing alot of panic in the pocket from him that reminds me of cassell. Most of it is his crappy offensive line. But once a qb is ruined from being to panicked in the pocket to often it is hard for that qb to come back from it. A part of it is also hoping that Andy reid the so called horse whisperer for qbs. has something better up his sleeve and we can have an elite qb in k.c and be a consistent playoff division winning team. As far asbeing in slc I can't tell you how many donkey fans I have to fend of on a weekly basis.
    I can agree with a lot of what you just said right there. Again my contention is not that Alex is a great QB. He's a very good one IMO but not great.

But here's my thing. Before moving on the QB number 9 maybe we should get the O line right first with number 8 and see if he can lead an offense with a O line that you or I couldn't get around. Lets say we move on to QB9 he will have to play behind that same line and what will be the good that comes out of that? We also have over the time very limited weapons. Bowe and Charles are it. We have some young guys but they need to grow and learn what they are doing now. Maybe if we let them grow QB8 can find a way to make it work. Let me put it like this week 1 was HORRIBLE HORRIBLE showing and Alex was part of that but at the same time one of his starting WR was Frankie Hammond Jr. I will say that again one of his starting WRs was Frankie Hammond JR. Can you name me anther team he would be starting to that is anywhere close to being a playoff contender? Changing the QB won't get us far. We have been there done that 8 times. To me we need to get things right and see what we got with QB8 before moving on to QB9
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Relax. No reason to keep trashing Smith. Not only can he get us to the Superbowl, I feel he WILL get us to the Superbowl. Maybe not this year, but in the next couple years. After all, if the likes of Rex Grossman, Hasselback, McNabb, Brad Johnson, Flacco, and Wilson can get their teams in, why not Smith? He was a special teams turnover away from getting San Fran to the Superbowl after leading them to a 13-3 season. Sorry for the sarcastic remark earlier...
    SHUT IT

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast