Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: differance between a good &great qb

Default differance between a good &great qb

I do give the chiefs credit for hanging around in the donkeys game. But its just not good enough. And I can't help but think we way over paid an average qb. Go back to the Colts playoff game he couldnt get it done on the last drive. And then again this week. Now I know I am stating the obvious when I say smith is average. But it is very clear the differance between a great qb and an average one. A great one would have pulled those last minute drives through. at least 1 of the 2 drives. Smith might be deserving of the choke stature sooner than latet

Joe Montana didn't win by himself, he had a great defense and THE GREATEST WR EVER!!!! It's a team game, one player can hinder you, but for the chiefs, a lot of things need to be fixed before they go winning playoff games

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Joe Montana didn't win by himself, he had a great defense and THE GREATEST WR EVER!!!! It's a team game, one player can hinder you, but for the chiefs, a lot of things need to be fixed before they go winning playoff games
    Nobody said Montana won by himself. And he helped the 49ers win 2 SB's before Jerry Rice was drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nobody said Montana won by himself. And he helped the 49ers win 2 SB's before Jerry Rice was drafted.
    Yeah, but people want to say Alex Is the main reason the team sucks, or why one team is greater than others.

First off let me say I don't think it's being a hater of Alex. I think people just buy into this myth that has been out there that a star QB is the reason why teams when super bowls and it's just not true

Take Manning for instance in his superbowl run during the playoffs and superbowl combined Manning threw 3tds and had 7 ints but people think they won the superbowl because of Manning it's just not true his defense played much better that year and that's why they were finally able to win it all.

Manning for years had a ton of weapons on offense and couldn't win the superbowl
    Reggie wayne
    Marvion Harrison
    Edgrin James
    Dallas Clark

so the Colts needed to upgrade the QB? Again that makes 0 sense. When the team around Manning played better they won the superbowl that's what needs to happen in KC we need to finally build a team around a QB instead of just saying oh well lets try anther qb.

Alex is not an average QB he is a very good qb. He is not in the top class but he's a lot closer to the top then the bottom class. You build the talent around him we have some young talent but they are now growing up. Changing the QB would solve nothing folks sorry
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    First off let me say I don't think it's being a hater of Alex. I think people just buy into this myth that has been out there that a star QB is the reason why teams when super bowls and it's just not true

Take Manning for instance in his superbowl run during the playoffs and superbowl combined Manning threw 3tds and had 7 ints but people think they won the superbowl because of Manning it's just not true his defense played much better that year and that's why they were finally able to win it all.

Manning for years had a ton of weapons on offense and couldn't win the superbowl
    Reggie wayne
    Marvion Harrison
    Edgrin James
    Dallas Clark

so the Colts needed to upgrade the QB? Again that makes 0 sense. When the team around Manning played better they won the superbowl that's what needs to happen in KC we need to finally build a team around a QB instead of just saying oh well lets try anther qb.

Alex is not an average QB he is a very good qb. He is not in the top class but he's a lot closer to the top then the bottom class. You build the talent around him we have some young talent but they are now growing up. Changing the QB would solve nothing folks sorry
    I always give sh*t to my friends about peyton's lone SB win, but dude did lead the comeback against NE in NE I think. Bob Sanders was the MVP of that playoff year though.

I always give sh*t to my friends about peyton's lone SB win, but dude did lead the comeback against NE in NE I think. Bob Sanders was the MVP of that playoff year though.
    Yes he did but had it not been for the team he wouldnt have gotten past us in the first round he threw 1td 3 picks people forget that.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yeah, but people want to say Alex Is the main reason the team sucks, or why one team is greater than others.
    I'm aware of that, but you didn't see me saying that I agreed with that. Alex is a good QB. Without him, the Chiefs do not make a game of it in Denver last Sunday. Granted, some of his throws were off target, but he was on the move quite a lot on many passing plays.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I'm aware of that, but you didn't see me saying that I agreed with that. Alex is a good QB. Without him, the Chiefs do not make a game of it in Denver last Sunday. Granted, some of his throws were off target, but he was on the move quite a lot on many passing plays.
    Another reason why I'm glad we have Alex; The guy can run effectively in the NFL. There were times he was pulling away from defenders last Sunday. Given the state of our patched together O-line maybe that's not a bad thing.

If our WR's would cut their drops in half, most of the Alex haters would disappear. There's been way too many times that I've seen the ball hit the numbers or hands of recievers only to have it dropped. I'm constantly amazed that Avery seems to get a hall pass on this every time. Alex Smith is NOT the problem.

The #1 thing people are missing about Manning is he had consistancy! He had a HOF coach and the same players around him for many years! Our team is young and constantly a revolving door. If we are ever going to see a Super Bowl our team needs to remain a team for a few years at least to learn how to work together!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    The #1 thing people are missing about Manning is he had consistancy! He had a HOF coach and the same players around him for many years! Our team is young and constantly a revolving door. If we are ever going to see a Super Bowl our team needs to remain a team for a few years at least to learn how to work together!
    So in other terms. Build a superbowl team just like Seattle did to beat the Elite QB who looked very average in the superbowl against a good team.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast