Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: differance between a good &great qb

Default differance between a good &great qb

I do give the chiefs credit for hanging around in the donkeys game. But its just not good enough. And I can't help but think we way over paid an average qb. Go back to the Colts playoff game he couldnt get it done on the last drive. And then again this week. Now I know I am stating the obvious when I say smith is average. But it is very clear the differance between a great qb and an average one. A great one would have pulled those last minute drives through. at least 1 of the 2 drives. Smith might be deserving of the choke stature sooner than latet

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    The #1 thing people are missing about Manning is he had consistancy! He had a HOF coach and the same players around him for many years! Our team is young and constantly a revolving door. If we are ever going to see a Super Bowl our team needs to remain a team for a few years at least to learn how to work together!
    THIS as well

Manning had great coaching more weapons then Alex Smith does yet he STILL had trouble winning the superbowl and the year he did win it was one of his WORST years in the playoffs. This is why this constant BLAH BLAH BLAH IF WE HAD A BETTER QB talk drives me insane. It's one thing to say these things on QB number 1 and the offense is having troubles it's anther to say these things on QB number 8 and the problems are the same. Like I said in my first post in this thread THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL THEN THE QB.

My main point has and will continue to be it's not that this team has failed to find a QB it is they have failed to build a offense as a whole. Or even a team as a whole. Just swapping anther QB won't change that until they build a TEAM. They are letting young guys play to see what they have instead of blasting the QB lets let the young guys grow see if they have what it takes and then maybe just maybe we will finally see a QB that is successful. We haven't put a QB in a good position at all.
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 09-18-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We're 0-2 and the fans are getting upset. Understandable.

But blaming it all on Alex Smith is not understandable. He's a good quarterback. Probably a very good quarterback. Give him some better receivers and a defense that plays CONSISTENTLY and Alex Smith would probably look like a GREAT QB.

No....I just don't see how anybody can blame this 0-2 start on Alex Smith.

We will beat MIA. Then us fans will calm down a little bit. Game 1 was mostly Alex's fault you can't justify 3 ints. He had a very bad game. Game 2 Alex turned it around and had a good game. I blame poor play calling on Reid for that 1! Although a win would have been great I enjoyed that bronco game our bots played hard

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    We will beat MIA. Then us fans will calm down a little bit. Game 1 was mostly Alex's fault you can't justify 3 ints. He had a very bad game. Game 2 Alex turned it around and had a good game. I blame poor play calling on Reid for that 1! Although a win would have been great I enjoyed that bronco game our bots played hard
    Both games was bad play calling. Yeah smith threw the picks but why was that play even called? Down at your own end zone right before the half. And charles only touched the ball like 11 times jn the 1st game. Heck the cowboys ran like 200 yards on Tennessee last week and you saying we camt do that with charles? Both games is on reid and his play calling. Hes a great head coach but a bad play caller.

Also i dont know if any qb can throw deep to avery. Hes not a jump ball guy and he could have fought or just fought to knock the ball down if he couldnt catch it. Sometimes its the trust in a wr to go get the ball or knock it down.

<sarcasm>

All of our problems are QB related. We need an elite QB and there are many out there just doing nothing.
    There's, um ... Bret Favre ... I don't think Kurt Warner is doing anything important right now ...
    And the worst part is we could have had Kyle Orton again, but now it's too late. The Bills snatched him up. ... Highest paid backup QB in the NFL ...
    Ya snooze, ya lose.

</sarcasm>
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Alex Smith now has the same record this season as Aaron Rodgers,Drew Brees, Andrew Luck I guess all those guys need to be replaced to
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Alex Smith now has the same record this season as Aaron Rodgers,Drew Brees, Andrew Luck I guess all those guys need to be replaced to
    Exactly and once again you beat me to it. I think smiths stats are better than some of them as well.

Ha this is hilarious I remember alot of people trying to protect matt cassell the same way. Bringing up stats as if they are a pitchers era stats. I bet smith is not the starter in 3 years but some fans have drank to much koolaid and have to bring up every GOOD stat they can find. The fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something. Is he a serviceable qb that can win SOME games sure. Is he going to get us to the superbowl I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Ha this is hilarious I remember alot of people trying to protect matt cassell the same way. Bringing up stats as if they are a pitchers era stats. I bet smith is not the starter in 3 years but some fans have drank to much koolaid and have to bring up every GOOD stat they can find. The fact you have to defend him so much should tell you something. Is he a serviceable qb that can win SOME games sure. Is he going to get us to the superbowl I doubt it.
    We have to defend him so much because the haters can never be pleased he throws 3td passes and all you can do is whine about the 2 plays that he didn't make. Like I said in the game thread Tom Brady threw only 1td against the same team and lost 2 fumbles and he lost so holding Brady to the perfection standards you have for smith he has to go right? Or is it only Alex that has these perfection standards before he can be credited. Every QB in the NFL makes mistakes even the greats whineing about them when the team wins and saying that all the tds that he threw were only because of the wr or te is just hating. If Alex is just ok why do you haters constanly hold him to higher standards then the QBs you mentioned as being the difference?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast