Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Albert LOL

Default Brandon Albert LOL

So did you guys watch the play in the first half right after Albert was called for a holding. The announcers were stating that he was ranked as the #1 LT by some stupid site and the very next play the Chiefs stuffed Miami for a 3 yards lose. The replay had Albert cutting down to block the DE who stunted inside. He then went to hit the ILB who followed the DE inside and then two guys ran by Albert on the outside to make the play. He looked like a ballerina confused on what was going on and touched absolutely No one.

Yes i saw that he barely even touched a defender. And also i believe he gave up a sack or two.

For what it's worth, Albert was going up against Tamba Hali, who was on his game yesterday. However, Albert still looks like a Guard playing out of position at LT.

Eric Fisher did give up a sack at the end of the 1st QTR, however, he looked pretty good throughout the game and showed his athletic ability to pull and move down the LOS, with that trap block on Cameron Wake that helped spring Davis for the Chiefs first TD. Fisher doesn't look anything like we saw in preseason, when there were concerns, and thus far looks a rising star and he hasn't gotten called for a penalty yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    For what it's worth, Albert was going up against Tamba Hali, who was on his game yesterday. However, Albert still looks like a Guard playing out of position at LT.

Eric Fisher did give up a sack at the end of the 1st QTR, however, he looked pretty good throughout the game and showed his athletic ability to pull and move down the LOS, with that trap block on Cameron Wake that helped spring Davis for the Chiefs first TD. Fisher doesn't look anything like we saw in preseason, when there were concerns, and thus far looks a rising star and he hasn't gotten called for a penalty yet.
    Atleast we see some signs.

The thing that really surprised me was how good the Miami D line is. Those guys weren't pushovers, and while I don't think Fisher looked perfect, he held his own. The Miami D was also trying to sneak in an extra defender on the left side and sometimes Fisher would take the bait and wind up blocking the smaller player, but that's just good defensive gameplanning on Miami's part. My hope is that Fisher learns from that game, and doesn't get burnt on it in more important games.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

I don't care who he is going up against. If they spout out some BS about him being te #1 LT and that the holding call against him is a rare one had me laughing. Then the very next play he blocked NO one.... It had nothing to do with Tamba who I saw lined up a couple times opposting Albert.

#1 LT in what? Pay? lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSmith11 View Post
    #1 LT in what? Pay? lol
    Holding calls at the worst times?

Hindsight, of course, is 20/20, but what went wrong regarding Albert was Pioli's decision to pass on Albert's teammate at Virginia, LT Eugene Monroe in favor of Tyson Jackson with the #3 overall pick in 2009. Everybody had Monroe rated ahead of Jackson on their draft boards ( except for Pigoli ) and drafting Monroe at #3 would have completely justifiable as they could have put Monroe at LT, moved Albert to LG, and moved Brian waters to RG ( he played RG with N.E. in 2011 and RG with Dallas in 2013 ). Not only would this have improved their O-Line that desperately needed it at the time, it would have also eliminated any controversy about who they drafted with their 1st pick in 2010.

This is precisely why I applaud Dorsey/Reid not letting Albert or any public opinion factor into their selection of Eric Fisher with their 1st pick. They were not going to make the same mistake Pioli had made. Fisher and Joeckel were the top two rated players on just about everybody's draft board and Albert's uncertainty at the time made it impossible for them to not draft one of those two (plus the Alex Smith trade beforehand).

Speaking of Fisher, he will face a very stiff challenge going up N.E.'s Chandler Jones and Fisher has to win most of the battles for the Chiefs Offense to be successful. The Chiefs will need another strong running game & successful passing game to put points on the board.

Default If Albert was still a Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So did you guys watch the play in the first half right after Albert was called for a holding. The announcers were stating that he was ranked as the #1 LT by some stupid site and the very next play the Chiefs stuffed Miami for a 3 yards lose. The replay had Albert cutting down to block the DE who stunted inside. He then went to hit the ILB who followed the DE inside and then two guys ran by Albert on the outside to make the play. He looked like a ballerina confused on what was going on and touched absolutely No one.
    I bet if Albert was still a Chief we would be defending him if anyone was talking trash as we are about him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast