Thread: congrads to the Royals

Default congrads to the Royals

our bros across the way are in the playoffs. for the first time in 29 years. get em !!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I follow how the Cubs, White Sox and Royals are doing and I'll watch a few games here and there. Last night's wildcard game was AMAZING!

Down 7-3 in the bottom of the 8th, the Royals scored 3 runs, then another in the 9th to tie the game and send it into extra innings. (exciting!) They get the lead off hitter on base in both the 10th and 11th and fail to score both times. (disappointing!) Then Oakland does exactly what the Royals couldn't do in the 2 previous innings. Their lead off batter gets on and scores to give the A's an 8-7 lead. (soul crushing!) But the Royals still weren't done. They tie it up and score another run to win the game 9-8.

For a team that got here on the strength of good pitching and an amazing Bull Pen to win the way they did was unexpected and just shows how much heart and fight the Royals have. They are going to need it. They were last in the league in home runs, walks and strike-outs (batting). No team that was last in those stats has EVER made the playoffs before. But if they can play like they did last night, if they are patient at the plate, and can get some timely hits, they could go far. If they can get a lead early you know the Bull Pen will hold it. They were something like 85-1 when leading after 7 innings.

Now the REAL playoffs start. GO ROYALS!

Royals eliminate A's on Salvador Perez's walk-off single in 12th

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I follow how the Cubs, White Sox and Royals are doing and I'll watch a few games here and there. Last night's wildcard game was AMAZING!

Down 7-3 in the bottom of the 8th, the Royals scored 3 runs, then another in the 9th to tie the game and send it into extra innings. (exciting!) They get the lead off hitter on base in both the 10th and 11th and fail to score both times. (disappointing!) Then Oakland does exactly what the Royals couldn't do in the 2 previous innings. Their lead off batter gets on and scores to give the A's an 8-7 lead. (soul crushing!) But the Royals still weren't done. They tie it up and score another run to win the game 9-8.

For a team that got here on the strength of good pitching and an amazing Bull Pen to win the way they did was unexpected and just shows how much heart and fight the Royals have. They are going to need it. They were last in the league in home runs, walks and strike-outs (batting). No team that was last in those stats has EVER made the playoffs before. But if they can play like they did last night, if they are patient at the plate, and can get some timely hits, they could go far. If they can get a lead early you know the Bull Pen will hold it. They were something like 85-1 when leading after 7 innings.

Now the REAL playoffs start. GO ROYALS!

Royals eliminate A's on Salvador Perez's walk-off single in 12th

the Irony here is they used to be called the KC A's. owned by a guy named Charley Finley who moved the club to Oakland. I used to take my girl friend's down to old municipal to watch them play.

like the Chiefs the Royals have been the door mats to long. a great day for the city. the Chiefs take NE to the wood shed and now this. im proud of em both
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

One hell of a game last night Congrats to the Royals rooting for them to win this thing

Oh and always good to see a team from Oakland go down in KC
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'm not a big fan of baseball but im really glad to see the sports in kansas city are improving, even the soccer team is doing really well right¿?

Cheers!

I think their ready for game 1 tonite

Join online 101-01 braindumps - pass4sure.co.uk and wikipedia to pass University of Washington exam in first try. Our best quality APPLE and selftestengine guide you well for real ISM