Television coverage:
    ESPN

Watch online:
    WiZiWiG.tv
    VIPBox.eu
    BossCast.net widescreen widescreen 2 link 3
    Feed2All.eu
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Weather Forcast: Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Southeast wind around 7 mph
    Line: Patriots -2 1/2, Over/Under: 47 1/2

Injury Report
    Chiefs

Injured Reserve
    Jeffery Allen G
    Derrick Johnson LB
    Mike DeVito DT
    Joe Mays LB
    Tyler Bray QB
    Kyle Williams WR
    Sanders Comings CB

Suspended
    Donald Stephenson OT

Out
    Eric Berry S Ankle
    Joe McKnight RB Achilles

Questionable
    De'Anthony Thomas RB Hamstring

Probable
    Vance Walker DE Shoulder
    Jamaal Charles RB Ankle
    Tamba Hali LB Ankle
    Sean Smith CB Groin

Patriots
    Suspended
    Reshad Jones S
    Dion Jordan DE

Injured Reserve
    Sealver Siliga DT
    James Morris LB
    Tyler Gaffney RB
    Cameron Gordon LB
    Terrence Miller TE

Out
    Alfonzo Dennard CB Shoulder

Probable
    Michael Buchanan DE Ankle
    Jamie Collins LB Thigh
    Daniel Connolly G Foot
    Robert Gronkowski TE Knee
    Don Jones S Hamstring

ESPN Game Preview

The New England Patriots have regularly been among the NFL's top offenses for the better part of a decade, but a pedestrian start has some wondering whether their run as an explosive unit may be over.

Luckily, an improved defense has done most of the heavy lifting thus far.

New England's struggling offense looks to provide some relief for its defense Monday night when it visits the Kansas City Chiefs, who hope to get Jamaal Charles back.

The Patriots (2-1) have failed to crack 300 yards of offense twice in three games after doing so only four times in 2013. They haven't finished below eighth in total offense since 2006, but are currently 27th in the league at 301.3 yards per game.

"We can do just really pretty much everything better offensively," coach Bill Belichick said. "Everything. Blocking, throwing, catching, running, run reads, routes, distribution, you name it."

Tom Brady's slow start has been targeted by many of New England's critics. He ranks 30th with 5.54 yards per attempt, and his 82.9 passer rating is 23rd. The nine-time Pro Bowler has completed just 1 of his 13 attempts of 21 yards or longer downfield.

Brady has leaned heavily on Julian Edelman, who is tied for fifth in the NFL with 22 receptions -- twice as many as Rob Gronkowski, who is second. However, Gronkowski has been in on just 48.2 percent of the team's plays as he continues to settle in following knee surgery.

New addition Brandon Lafell has just four catches while Danny Amendola has three.

New England's offensive line -- which traded former All-Pro guard Logan Mankins in late August -- has also struggled to protect Brady, surrendering seven sacks.

"We've got some new players. We've got different things that are happening," said Brady, who is 219 yards shy of becoming the sixth quarterback to reach 50,000. "We're all trying to get used to one another and used to the things we're doing."

Brady has won four of his five career starts against the Chiefs, throwing for seven TDs and posting a 110.0 passer rating in the victories. That includes a 17-10 win on Sept. 7, 2008, when Brady suffered a torn ACL in the first quarter and was lost for the rest of the season.

The Patriots have also been ineffective on the ground with a 3.5 yards-per-carry average that ranks near the bottom of the league. New England managed just 76 yards in Sunday's 16-9 win over Oakland, which had given up 400 rushing yards in its first two games.

Belichick's defense has compensated for the offense's lack of success. The Patriots are tied for the NFL lead with six interceptions and have limited opponents to 272.7 yards per game after giving up 373.1 last year.

New England, which held the Vikings and Raiders to a combined 121 rushing yards, will face a Kansas City (1-2) team that relied on Knile Davis for career highs of 32 carries for 132 yards in the absence of Charles in Sunday's 34-15 win at Miami.

Coach Andy Reid is hopeful Charles (ankle) will be able to play.

Quarterback Alex Smith was also an efficient 19 of 25 for 186 yards and three TDs, helping deliver a much-needed victory for the Chiefs, who face a difficult stretch with games at San Francisco and San Diego following this contest.

"Momentum's a funny thing," Smith said. "It's hard to put your finger on it, but certainly, this helps. This is what you're looking for, a win on the road, a tough win, I thought."

Smith is also seeking better protection after being sacked five times Sunday and 11 times on the season, trailing only the 16 absorbed by Jacksonville's Chad Henne. Kansas City will again be without right tackle Donald Stephenson, who will complete his suspension for violating the league's drug policy.

Reid assumed some of the blame for the offensive line's issues.

"Some of that, especially early, that was my responsibility," Reid said. "We're in long-yardage situations, taking seven-step drops. I have to be a little smarter with the play call. And then the other ones, we have to make sure we block the right guys and do the right things."

These clubs haven't met since the Patriots won 34-3 at home on Nov. 21, 2011. Gronkowski caught four passes for 96 yards and two TDs.

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Stats Leaders

Chiefs

Offense

Passing Yards

Alex Smith 643 Yds

Rushing Yards

Knile Davis 214 Yds
    Alex Smith 95
    Cyrus Gray 31

Receiving Yards

Travis Kelce 166 Yds
    Donnie Avery 110
    Anthony Fasano 91

Defense

Sacks

Justin Houston 3.0 Sacks
    Tamba Hali 2.0
    Dontari Poe 1.5

Interceptions

Kelcie McCray 0 Int
    Josh Martin 0
    Jaye Howard 0

Total Tackles

Josh Mauga 19 Total
    Ron Parker 15
    Eric Berry 15

Stats Leaders

Patriots

Offense

Passing Yards

Tom Brady 632 Yds

Rushing Yards

Stevan Ridley 176 Yds
    Shane Vereen 96
    Julian Edelman 35

Receiving Yards

Julian Edelman 260 Yds
    Rob Gronkowski 116
    Kenbrell Thompkins 53

Defense
    Sacks

Chandler Jones 2.0 Sacks
    Dont'a Hightower 2.0
    Jerod Mayo 1.0

Interceptions

Darrelle Revis 1 Int
    Alfonzo Dennard 1
    Devin McCourty 1

Total Tackles

Jerod Mayo 30 Total
    Dont'a Hightower 16
    Chandler Jones 14

Scouting Report from the Kansas City Star

When the Chiefs run

EDGE >> CHIEFS

Knile Davis proved to be more than adequate in place of Jamaal Charles, rushing for 132 yards and a tackle-busting TD at Miami last week, but Charles is the engine that makes this offense hum. Any contributions he can make would give the Chiefs a lift against a Patriots run defense that ranks No. 11. If rookie De’Anthony Thomas is recovered sufficiently from a hamstring strain, he could give the running game an added dimension.
    Chiefs’ top rusher No. Yds. Avg. TD
    Knile Davis 55 214 3.9 3
    When the Chiefs pass

EDGE >> PATRIOTS

Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith was more efficient in the last two games after the three-interception debacle in the opener, but he’s totally dependent on the short passing game to his tight ends and backs. Dwayne Bowe has caught just six passes for 72 yards in his two games, and he could be stranded on (Darrelle) Revis Island. Smith has been sacked 11 times, including once for a safety at Miami, and the Patriots sacked Minnesota’s Matt Cassel six times in week two. New England has six interceptions, tied for the league lead entering the weekend.
    Chiefs’ top QB C A Yds. TD-I
    Alex Smith 64 102 643 4-3
    Chiefs’ top WR No. Yds. Avg. TD
    Donnie Avery 12 110 9.2
    When the Patriots run

EDGE >> PATRIOTS

The Patriots will try to establish the run against the Chiefs, who are allowing 5.1 yards per carry this season and rank No. 23 in rush defense. Stevan Ridley rushed for more than 100 yards in week two against Minnesota, but his longest run is just 16 yards. Ridley’s good in the red zone, though, as his 20 rushing touchdowns are the most in the AFC since 2012.
    Patriots’ top rusher No. Yds. Avg. TD
    Stevan Ridley 52 176 3.4 1
    When the Patriots pass

EDGE >> PATRIOTS

Tom Brady has looked rather ordinary this season and has thrown just three TD passes. But it’s not all his fault. His receivers are having difficulty getting open, and the pass protection has been spotty, allowing seven sacks. Brady has not thrown an interception (the Chiefs have yet to force a turnover) and rarely makes the critical mistake.
    Patriots’ top QB C A Yds. TD-I
    Tom Brady 67 114 632 3-0
    Patriots’ top WR No. Yds. Avg. TD
    Julian Edelman 22 260 11.8 1
    Special teams

EDGE >> PATRIOTS

Normally, this is an area dominated by the Chiefs, but this year, not so much. They surrendered kickoff returns of 40 and 74 yards last week at Miami; committed three egregious penalties on their returns; and punt returner Frankie Hammond Jr. made some dubious decisions on fielding punts inside his 5. Kicker Cairo Santos is not in the same league as New England’s Stephen Gostkowski, who has made all eight of his field-goal attempts.
    Coaching

EDGE >> PATRIOTS

New England’s Bill Belichick is 4-0 against the Chiefs’ Andy Reid, including the Patriots’ 24-21 victory over Philadelphia in Super Bowl XXXIX. But Belichick, a surefire Hall of Famer, has the advantage over just about everybody — his 220 career wins rank fifth all-time.
    X-factor

EDGE >> CHIEFS

Hard to believe the Chiefs have lost four straight at Arrowhead dating to last season. If the fans are anything like the crowd that packed the place for the last two Monday night games at Arrowhead — wins over San Diego in 2010 and 2011 — the advantage can be huge.
    Bottom line: Chiefs 19-17

Despite myriad injuries, the Chiefs have been resilient, and Reid will find a way to out-finesse a Patriots team that lost by two touchdowns at Miami and beat shorthanded Minnesota and woeful Oakland.
    Randy Covitz, rcovitz@kcstar.com

Chiefs at Dolphins?

FIRE ROY
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Chiefs at Dolphins?

FIRE ROY
    OOPS!

Copy and paste error. I need for Chiefs Crowd to make me a moderator so I have more than 5 minutes to correct my mistakes!

I also noticed that I forgot to delete the "suspended" section for the Pats which was copied from the Dolphins suspended list and for some reason the "copy and paste" didn't insert a blank line before "coaching" and "x-factor" in the scouting report.

Hopefully a mod will "fix" these errors!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    OOPS!

Copy and paste error. I need for Chiefs Crowd to make me a moderator so I have more than 5 minutes to correct my mistakes!

I also noticed that I forgot to delete the "suspended" section for the Pats which was copied from the Dolphins suspended list and for some reason the "copy and paste" didn't insert a blank line before "coaching" and "x-factor" in the scouting report.

It's MNF we needed everyone to bring there A game you let us down

SO we lose we all know who we can blame thanks roy
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think the Chiefs players are too busy preparing for the Patriots to read this thread, so if they struggle tonight it will have nothing to do with me. Besides, I'm sure Chiefster will fix it!

Besides, we beat the Dolphins who beat the Patriots who have only beaten the (Adrian Peterson-less) Vikings and the sucky Raiders this year, so I have faith that the Chiefs can beat them in the loudest outdoor stadium in world! (Seattle cheated!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    OOPS!

I'm on it.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast