Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to pish everybody off.....

Default Time to pish everybody off.....

Many of you won't like it, but TS.

ANDY REID IS ONE OF THE BEST COACHES WE HAVE EVER HAD. There.....I said it.

I will address his failings in a bit, but first the good......

He took a team that was in COMPLETE DISARRAY and took them from 2-14 to 11-5 and within a whisker of our first playoff win in 20 years.

This year we lost 4 starters in free agency and have been bitten HARD by the injury bug. Yeah....we stunk it up opening day, but we were in the game right to the end in donkeyland, we kicked those Miami fish in the teeth and now we made Brady and the splats squeal like pigs.

And Reid did that with a team that lost several pro-bowlers and has been hit HARD by injuries.

REID IS AN F'ING GENUIS! He gets the very VERY best out of the players he has and then about 100% more.

A big part of this team is made of "castoffs" that other teams didn't want. But we murdered the splats, gutted the fish and damned near beat the donkeys in donkeyland.

And that is Andy Reid. It's all his fault.

I said I would talk about his faults and I will.

He is a lousy clock manager. Memo to Clark Hunt.....Hire a clock genius and make sure he is within 2 inches of Reid in the last 2 minutes of every half.

Reid loves the game too much. He's like us. He's a fan. And he gets carried away with the passing game. Sometimes he gets the bit in his teeth and he loses perspective. Which is not cool with a team that has JC and an O-line that can make huge holes for the running game.

But he seems to be getting better about that.

Memo to Andy Reid......Until you get a REAL wide receiver, stick with the "dink and dunk" and the running game. It WORKS.....REALLY!!!!!!

There. I said it and you are all welcome to drag out your flame-throwers.

Monday night Andy Reid just flat out outcoached Bill Belichick and that is a great understatment. That's not something that happens to often.

Andy Reid has done something that the great coaches do. It took some time but he adjusted his game plan to fit the team that he has. Last season and week 1 of this year we all saw the pass happy offense that Reid is know for. This is not how this team is currently built to win games. It was a big reason that this team looked as horrible week 1. Instead of just stubbornly sticking to that game plan he owned up to it and has adjusted to fit the team. Against the Dolphins Knile Davis carried the ball 34 times. It wasn't just a one week thing.

Andy Reid has done an amazing job turning this team around the young talent that is on this team is clearly making gains and improving. Just look at the offensive line. While he does have some flaws as a head coach (see the clock
    management at the end of the 1st half Monday night) but overall he is doing a great job with this team. You have to give props to Coach Reid. You don't win the number of games he has including in the playoffs just because of talent. Coaching has to come into play at some point. Andy Reid deserves props for sure.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I think the last coach we had that could get the most out of players like Andy was Marty. The only problem with Marty was he played big games not to lose instead of playing to win, but he got the players to play for him.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I think the last coach we had that could get the most out of players like Andy was Marty. The only problem with Marty was he played big games not to lose instead of playing to win, but he got the players to play for him.
    I don't know. DV got the players to play for him. As potent as our offense was, none of the postion players except TG were house hold names until they be became house hold names. Trent had bounced around, all of our receivers were retreds, and Even Priest was a no-body until about 3/4 into his first season.

As base as the defense was, we had people Like Mighty Mouse McMillan playing corner and some really poor talent, yet they had some games where they looked pretty good. Many others where it was a shoot out.

The one thing about DV he had the best OL in the league at the time and a great OL makes average players look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I don't know. DV got the players to play for him. As potent as our offense was, none of the postion players except TG were house hold names until they be became house hold names. Trent had bounced around, all of our receivers were retreds, and Even Priest was a no-body until about 3/4 into his first season.

As base as the defense was, we had people Like Mighty Mouse McMillan playing corner and some really poor talent, yet they had some games where they looked pretty good. Many others where it was a shoot out.
    McMillan was gone by the time DV was head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    McMillan was gone by the time DV was head coach.
    Your right. I could have sworn I saw that Mighty Mouse Stance a couple times. I went back and looked a the rosters back then. Man there was some bad players as our starters. Like Monte Beisel as our DE.

My two Very least favorite duo played during this time with Billy Bartee and Eric Warfield. Two starters that played for many years and were instantly retired the moment their contracts expired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12