Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to pish everybody off.....

Default Time to pish everybody off.....

Many of you won't like it, but TS.

ANDY REID IS ONE OF THE BEST COACHES WE HAVE EVER HAD. There.....I said it.

I will address his failings in a bit, but first the good......

He took a team that was in COMPLETE DISARRAY and took them from 2-14 to 11-5 and within a whisker of our first playoff win in 20 years.

This year we lost 4 starters in free agency and have been bitten HARD by the injury bug. Yeah....we stunk it up opening day, but we were in the game right to the end in donkeyland, we kicked those Miami fish in the teeth and now we made Brady and the splats squeal like pigs.

And Reid did that with a team that lost several pro-bowlers and has been hit HARD by injuries.

REID IS AN F'ING GENUIS! He gets the very VERY best out of the players he has and then about 100% more.

A big part of this team is made of "castoffs" that other teams didn't want. But we murdered the splats, gutted the fish and damned near beat the donkeys in donkeyland.

And that is Andy Reid. It's all his fault.

I said I would talk about his faults and I will.

He is a lousy clock manager. Memo to Clark Hunt.....Hire a clock genius and make sure he is within 2 inches of Reid in the last 2 minutes of every half.

Reid loves the game too much. He's like us. He's a fan. And he gets carried away with the passing game. Sometimes he gets the bit in his teeth and he loses perspective. Which is not cool with a team that has JC and an O-line that can make huge holes for the running game.

But he seems to be getting better about that.

Memo to Andy Reid......Until you get a REAL wide receiver, stick with the "dink and dunk" and the running game. It WORKS.....REALLY!!!!!!

There. I said it and you are all welcome to drag out your flame-throwers.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    What was that saying about "it's a passing league"? Vince Lombardi said "football is first and foremost a running game & that will never change".

Since the Chiefs running attack has came to life, the Chiefs Offense has done well 3 weeks in a row.

Think maybe Vince was right?
    What you think?

CT all about Pishing people off tonight LOL

Got to hand it to Reid he seems to have put his pass happy playbook away and is starting to use the two great RBS we have and it's been a huge help.

The clock management thing has to be addressed and is really the only thing you can say was bad tonight Reid did a great job he just flat out outcoached coach Bill.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

What you think?
    Thanks for asking my opinion on this. Lombardi was right when he said it. But he is wrong today. No team will ever win the Super Bowl in my lifetime with an offense that amounts to "3 yards and a cloud of dust". Those days are gone. Though they may return. Maybe. But not in my lifetime.

You know more about the game of football than I do. And I suspect you've watched for about as long as I have.

I remember the days of "mad bombers".

I remember the days of "using the run to set up the pass".

Now the NFL seems to "use the pass to set up the run". And that applies especially to the "dink and dunk", check down etc.

But, like most things in life, BALANCE is the key. If you have an O-line that can run block and a top 20% running back then run the hell out of the ball.....and as Reid is doing use the short passing game as an almost-sorta run. If you have a good running game and a good short passing game, then you can throw that 20+ yard pass with some regular success. And YES.....Alex Smith CAN throw the long ball. He just doesn't like to do it unless he is pretty damned sure he is going to complete it. But Reid is teaching Smith to be willing to take a few gambles. I just hope Reid doesn't turn Smith into a Vegas junkie.

Anyway.....I think Andy Reid is going to take the "West Coast Offense" to a whole new level and that we Chiefs fans are going to enjoy that for a good long time.

IMO Reid has (at least so far) done more this year with less than he had last year. And I expect that with a few lapses when he gets "the bit in his teeth" he will continue to do so.

Reid will eventually get us our first playoff win in FOREVER and I think he just might get us a Super Bowl.

You asked. You got my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    CT all about Pishing people off tonight LOL

Got to hand it to Reid he seems to have put his pass happy playbook away and is starting to use the two great RBS we have and it's been a huge help.

The clock management thing has to be addressed and is really the only thing you can say was bad tonight Reid did a great job he just flat out outcoached coach Bill.
    Yes.....Reid has backed off his pass-happy playbook a bit. But just as a word of warning.....it is his INSTINCT....it's what he WANTS to do. We have lost a game or two because Reid went all pass-happy and we will lose some more because of it. But Reid is learning from JC. And it's looking like maybe from Knile Davis as well. The important part is learning to adapt his play-calling to the tools he has while at the same time retaining his ability to get exceptional performance from his players.....including the "castoffs".

Reid is going to get us some playoff wins.....and maybe a Super Bowl.

What you think?
    I agree with ctc; In Lombardi's day, he was right. But back then WR's had to fist-fight their way through their routes before and after the catch. And even back then, Lombardi beat KC in SB 1 by PASSING to a TE that was in his doghouse!

Think the real lesson to be learned from Lombardi is DISCIPLINE. The guy that works the hardest at attaining his goals is the one who gets it. Even if you don't get the trophy, you still win, because you'll be better off at what you do than before.

Last night the Chiefs were definitely the team that showed up ready to play football. And yes Reid did make a much better effort to use his RB's. Especially loved the side to side plays he mixed in with JC in the first half, then opening it up more as the game went along.

Can't wait to hear the list of excuses coming from Camp NE. Can't wait to hear all the expert analysis about new rules to protect Tom Brady.

I think you need to take this to an Eagles forum. Other than a few doom and Gloom people who are just happy with everything Chiefs, I don't think there are many upset with Reid.

However, as I said before. This team still makes mistakes...Not so many last night, so Andy can get even more from this team. It is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I think you need to take this to an Eagles forum. Other than a few doom and Gloom people who are just happy with everything Chiefs, I don't think there are many upset with Reid.

However, as I said before. This team still makes mistakes...Not so many last night, so Andy can get even more from this team. It is exciting.
    Not my style. I'm not going to their house and pishing on their parade. That wouldn't be polite. Though we did have a couple of Eagles fans visit here last year and tell us that Reid was a great coach (we also had a few tell us that he would break our hearts).

What I find really interesting is how different Reid is today from what he was the last year or two in Philly. The last couple of years in Philly he was sort of a combination head coach and GM. He wasn't very good at it. But since he came to KC and went back to just being a head coach he is a changed man. Looks younger than he did when he got here. He smiles more. And he really seems to be having fun. If a man truly loves his job he will do very well at it.

I think what impresses me the most about Reid is his ability to get the very most out of whatever players he has. When you take the players we lost in Free Agency and put it together with the injuries we've had this year and then throw in the tough schedule, I think most teams would have fallen apart. But when Reid loses a player he just sticks someone else in the slot and BANG ZOOM that player starts playing well. We have some really great players, but we also have no-names and castoffs that are playing like superstars. And that is Reid's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Not my style. I'm not going to their house and pishing on their parade. That wouldn't be polite. Though we did have a couple of Eagles fans visit here last year and tell us that Reid was a great coach (we also had a few tell us that he would break our hearts).

What I find really interesting is how different Reid is today from what he was the last year or two in Philly. The last couple of years in Philly he was sort of a combination head coach and GM. He wasn't very good at it. But since he came to KC and went back to just being a head coach he is a changed man. Looks younger than he did when he got here. He smiles more. And he really seems to be having fun. If a man truly loves his job he will do very well at it.

I think what impresses me the most about Reid is his ability to get the very most out of whatever players he has. When you take the players we lost in Free Agency and put it together with the injuries we've had this year and then throw in the tough schedule, I think most teams would have fallen apart. But when Reid loses a player he just sticks someone else in the slot and BANG ZOOM that player starts playing well. We have some really great players, but we also have no-names and castoffs that are playing like superstars. And that is Reid's doing.
    I cant tell you how many times, WE the Chiefs with Carl Peterson and DV's tie to the Eagles were alwasy coveting some high profile Free Agent from the Eagles such as Jerome McDougal, Shawn Barber, etc........I remember always hoping we would sign one of those studs to see them fail with their new team and being let go two or three years later as a poor signing. Then those players would go back to Andy Reid and play good again.

There was always this impression that the Eagles and Andy, wouldn't over spend for their own players as they felt it was more about their system than the individual players.

From what I read, the downfall of Andy in Philly was ownership was getting more involved in the GM aspect of things and were forcing his hand with certain players, like making the decision on his QB for him by keeping Vick and I could tell you that Vick and his turn overs was the single reason the Eagles Struggled to win his last two years leading up to Andy's release.

So I am not really sure Andy is different. I just think the Chiefs are letting him run the team the way he wants to, which is why they hired a GM after Andy so that they were compatible in the decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I cant tell you how many times, WE the Chiefs with Carl Peterson and DV's tie to the Eagles were alwasy coveting some high profile Free Agent from the Eagles such as Jerome McDougal, Shawn Barber, etc........I remember always hoping we would sign one of those studs to see them fail with their new team and being let go two or three years later as a poor signing. Then those players would go back to Andy Reid and play good again.

There was always this impression that the Eagles and Andy, wouldn't over spend for their own players as they felt it was more about their system than the individual players.

From what I read, the downfall of Andy in Philly was ownership was getting more involved in the GM aspect of things and were forcing his hand with certain players, like making the decision on his QB for him by keeping Vick and I could tell you that Vick and his turn overs was the single reason the Eagles Struggled to win his last two years leading up to Andy's release.

So I am not really sure Andy is different. I just think the Chiefs are letting him run the team the way he wants to, which is why they hired a GM after Andy so that they were compatible in the decision making.
    Agree with you COMPLETELY! Reid is a great coach....for a lot of players. Maybe not so much for some others. But for most players I think he get's more out of personnel than most coaches would the same people.

Andy Reid is NOT a GM. But give Reid a GM that thinks along similar lines to Reid and has respect and a good relationship with him and I think that makes a team that can create a long-term contender.

I think the next 10 years hold a very bright future for our Chiefs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast