Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few observations about the Monday night game.

Default A few observations about the Monday night game.

In no particular order:

1- Kudos to Alex Smith. Now please remove that "game manager" tag from his back.

2- This game was not as close as the score indicated.

3- My son's quote on Facebook: "If you are looking for the Patriots, they are behind the woodshed."

4- Is it me or is our makeshift O-line starting to gel?

5- If some fans where running the Chiefs FO Travice Kelce would be wearing someone else's uniform.

6- Jamaal Charles... 'nuff said.

7- Poe vs Wolfork in that one TD play was a very satisfying sight to see.

8- Proof of global warming: Revis Island just went under water.

9a- Hussain Abdullah got penalized for his version of Tim Tebow kneel/pray. Ridiculous rule. Victor Cruz's TD Salsa dance is in a way more "unsportsmanlike" spirit than HA's gesture.

9b- Hussain Abdullah is the real deal.

10- Our overall safety play makes me dare think about the idea of Berry as a trade bait. I'm not quite there yet, but let's see...

11- Pay Justin Houston, but find a way to keep Hali. Tamba is a true face of this franchise and should be a lifetime Chief.

12- Great defensive plan by the much maligned Bob Sutton. Credit given where due.

13- The sideline look on Belichic and Brady's faces were priceless.

14a- Tom Brady quote about his NFL future from a few weeks ago: "When I suck, I'll retire."

14b- Famous quote by the legendary coach George Allen: "Future is now."

15- Tonight the Chiefs finally exorcized the last remaining traces of that damned curse called "The Patriot Way." Ding dong, the witch is dead. The wicked witch of the East is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    DJ is more than welcome back when he's healthy. How do you turn your back on your teams absolute leader just cause he got hurt? Let it be his decision when he decides to leave us for retirement. He's definately put in the work and deserves at least that!
    I love DJ, but I think if it absolutely came down to keeping either him or Hali my heart is with keeping Hali.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Don't make up your mind on Berry yet... Let's see if our new safety's play can be consistant. As far as keeping Hali, I've been all for that since we picked him up. I don't like that players don't usually stay on the same teams anymore like they used to. That being said DJ is more than welcome back when he's healthy. How do you turn your back on your teams absolute leader just cause he got hurt? Let it be his decision when he decides to leave us for retirement. He's definately put in the work and deserves at least that!
    I love DJ. MLB don't make a ton of money as it is specially coming off an injury like this. This injury will hinder any huge contracts for him next year. I think he will be reisgnable next year.

Being realistic, at least one of our big money players is going to be a cap casualty next year just like Flowers was this year. Bowe and DJ are prime candidates. Scares the crap out of me but it has to be done.

Good win..........but NE better start winning games, don't need another check mark next to "teams KC beat that didn't make playoffs that year". It's hard to feel great about the win when NE beat Oakland by 7 (and couldn't put over 20 on them), loss to Miami and beat up on a AP less and matt cassel led Vikings team...........only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Being realistic, at least one of our big money players is going to be a cap casualty next year just like Flowers was this year. Bowe and DJ are prime candidates. Scares the crap out of me but it has to be done.
    Tamba is the biggest prime candidate with the biggest savings and possible replacment already on the team with Dee Ford.

I can see DJ signing an extension. If not he 5 million against the cap with no dead money. 5 million savings if let go.

Bowe counts at 14 million towards the cap, with 9 million of that beind dead money if let go next year. 5 Million Savings if let go. I am not sure what his little event in Riverside last year did to his contract.

Berry is 8.4 towards the cap with about 3 million in dead money. 5.5 million if let go.

Tamba counts as about 12 million against the cap with only 3 million being dead money. 9 million savings if let go.

Mike Devito is about 5.4 towars the cap with 1.4 dead money. 4 Million savings if let go.

Sean Smith 7.75 towards the cap with with 2.25 of dead money. 5.5 million savings if let go.

Chase Daniel 4.8 towars the caop with 1 million of dead. 3.8 millions savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Tamba is the biggest prime candidate with the biggest savings and possible replacment already on the team with Dee Ford.

I can see DJ signing an extension. If not he 5 million against the cap with no dead money. 5 million savings if let go.

Bowe counts at 14 million towards the cap, with 9 million of that beind dead money if let go next year. 5 Million Savings if let go. I am not sure what his little event in Riverside last year did to his contract.

Berry is 8.4 towards the cap with about 3 million in dead money. 5.5 million if let go.

Tamba counts as about 12 million against the cap with only 3 million being dead money. 9 million savings if let go.

Mike Devito is about 5.4 towars the cap with 1.4 dead money. 4 Million savings if let go.

Sean Smith 7.75 towards the cap with with 2.25 of dead money. 5.5 million savings if let go.

We can get out of the Bowe Contract now because of his suspension

The best thing would be to get Bowe to redo his deal to a more team friendly deal and bring him back with less the cap hit. Bowe may not be a prime number 1 but he is still a good weapon when he wants to show up. I don't think just writting him off would be the answer but it needs to be at a more team friendly number
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I don't think anyone is really against letting Chase Daniels go. A good backup but why spend that kind of cap hit for a backup QB? Unless you plan to make him your franchise QB somewhere along the line. We signed Alex long term, time to put trust in him and in a rookie coached up behind him

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We can get out of the Bowe Contract now because of his suspension

The best thing would be to get Bowe to redo his deal to a more team friendly deal and bring him back with less the cap hit. Bowe may not be a prime number 1 but he is still a good weapon when he wants to show up. I don't think just writting him off would be the answer but it needs to be at a more team friendly number
    While I'm not 100% on keeping Bowe, if he were to do that, wouldn't squawk. Then go out and draft his successor, give Alex another weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Thank you for the recap of the potential cap casualties next year. One or more of those you mentioned is certainly going to go. Hopefully by trade, but more likely by free agency or release. The contracts we signed with Alex and JC pretty much gobbled up any cap increase next year. So we are going to need to figure out how to free up $10-$15 million next year for the players we'll need to sign.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 09-30-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post

4- Is it me or is our makeshift O-line starting to gel?
    I rewatched the game and THIS has not been talked about enough. There were a couple of sacks ok that happens in just about every game but throughout the game Alex had time to throw the ball running lanes were created. The O line played like one of the top 10 O lines in the NFL last night. Like the rest of the team is this a one week thing or is this something that we are going to see more of. Next week will tell us alot But there is a LOT to be excited about right now.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast