Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few observations about the Monday night game.

Default A few observations about the Monday night game.

In no particular order:

1- Kudos to Alex Smith. Now please remove that "game manager" tag from his back.

2- This game was not as close as the score indicated.

3- My son's quote on Facebook: "If you are looking for the Patriots, they are behind the woodshed."

4- Is it me or is our makeshift O-line starting to gel?

5- If some fans where running the Chiefs FO Travice Kelce would be wearing someone else's uniform.

6- Jamaal Charles... 'nuff said.

7- Poe vs Wolfork in that one TD play was a very satisfying sight to see.

8- Proof of global warming: Revis Island just went under water.

9a- Hussain Abdullah got penalized for his version of Tim Tebow kneel/pray. Ridiculous rule. Victor Cruz's TD Salsa dance is in a way more "unsportsmanlike" spirit than HA's gesture.

9b- Hussain Abdullah is the real deal.

10- Our overall safety play makes me dare think about the idea of Berry as a trade bait. I'm not quite there yet, but let's see...

11- Pay Justin Houston, but find a way to keep Hali. Tamba is a true face of this franchise and should be a lifetime Chief.

12- Great defensive plan by the much maligned Bob Sutton. Credit given where due.

13- The sideline look on Belichic and Brady's faces were priceless.

14a- Tom Brady quote about his NFL future from a few weeks ago: "When I suck, I'll retire."

14b- Famous quote by the legendary coach George Allen: "Future is now."

15- Tonight the Chiefs finally exorcized the last remaining traces of that damned curse called "The Patriot Way." Ding dong, the witch is dead. The wicked witch of the East is dead.

You said it ALL man! I can add nothing except that was one hell of a good post! THANK YOU!

Lets be real here the Chiefs didn't just beat the Pat they deystroyed them in every part of the game. It's as simple as that. It was a great night. Now the question has to be asked are the Chiefs that good or are the Pats that bad. This week we are going to find out just which Chiefs team we are
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Alex will put a beat-down on Kapernik.

11. Agreed about Hali. There was ludicrous talk about dumping Hali before the 2013 draft in order to keep Albert because people didn't want them to draft a LT with the #1 overall pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Alex will put a beat-down on Kapernik.
    Actually that honor will fall to Hali, Poe, Houston, Walker or maybe even Dee Ford.

If good fortune smiles, Alex will be putting a beat down on SF's front office. Ditto for Jenkins.

1. Those words were erased from my mind one quarter into the playoff game. Sucks we lost but it dang sure wasn't because of Alex.

2. Agreed. But hey someone had to pick up the slack and Garapolo seems like someone with a future.

3. He wasn't wrong.

4. Much to the chagrin of Vince Wolfork, yes.

5. Kelce is a beast; Any reservations I had come from the fact he spent the first year injured.

6. Reid woke up and said "Jamaal Charles...It...could...work..."

7. Maybe we can use him like Frig Perry and punch it in on goal line or short yardage situations. Block that, Donks.

8. It explains the puddle of water behind the woodshed.

9 -9b. The only thing that happened there is that the United Way just got a big contribution. Abdullah had a great game.

10-11. Keep Houston and Hali by cutting Berry. Compensate for Berry via extra 2015 draft picks.

12. I'm not ready to crown Sutton yet; His clipboard opposition was Josh McDaniels and Brian Dabol.

13. True dat, true dat.

14-14b. Your move, Tom. Congratulations on early retirement.

15. The Pioli-Haley-Weis-Crennel-Dabol era of NE nepotism is over. Weis got canned from KU after stinkin' up their field, too.

I want to comment on #4 since I was a huge critic of this group. Wow. What can I say... These our 3rd and fourth stringers and other than a couple of all out blitzes gave Alex all the time in the world. They even picked up a couple of those all out blitzes. I was impressed, with them.

#7 I loved this. It was showing dominance. Gruden new what we were doing too as he said it was a pass just before the ball was snapped, but that block was a statement about the Chiefs to the Pats. It was like a movie scene where there is a war going on and the hero picks out the general as a the battle is going on and boom he takes him out in one quick blow. I mean Poe dang near knocked Wilfork off his feet and to his back. He punched him in the mouth and Wilfork just ran away.

#9 Yeah, I don't like that flag. Is that a new rule that they are not allowed to go to a knee to pray after scoring. When he threw the flag, I thought that ref will be betting some back lash from the Muslim communities with a racist penalty.

#10 Eric Berry Who...... His contract leverage is slipping. At this point, I am not sure he will be back next year.

If Belichik and Brady don't turn this around, I could see this being the end. Brady is starting to look more like a system QB and his frustrations towards the lack of support he is used to seeing is making him look like a bigger cry baby than he really is. Just wait until the Refs stop favoring him. He will really fall off the planet.

oh my. did we pick on another weaklin' team ???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Don't make up your mind on Berry yet... Let's see if our new safety's play can be consistant. As far as keeping Hali, I've been all for that since we picked him up. I don't like that players don't usually stay on the same teams anymore like they used to. That being said DJ is more than welcome back when he's healthy. How do you turn your back on your teams absolute leader just cause he got hurt? Let it be his decision when he decides to leave us for retirement. He's definately put in the work and deserves at least that!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast