Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Idea

Default Trade Idea

So I was talking with a friend and he brought up a trade idea. I wanted to run it by you guys to see what you think.

Trade Knile Davis to the Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson (WR).

The Vikings get a RB to replace AP. We get a WR to pair with Bowe (or to replace Bowe) to give our passing game that extra spark it needs to get over the hump.

Yes we lose our backup RB, but RBs can usually be found relatively easily in the mid rounds of the draft. JC has a few more good years on his tires.

Thoughts? I'm not sure if I like the idea yet, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I see a situation developing where we will lose at least one of either Bowe, Berry, Hali, or DJ after this season and I think they will all play their butts off to make sure they aren't the odd man out. That should be fun to watch!
    I think you make an EXCELLENT point! We have some players that are going to be wanting some pretty big contracts next year and after paying Alex Smith and JC we have no loose cash....even after the cap increase next year. Which means we are going to have to trade, lose in free agency, renegotiate or cut one or more fairly well known names in order to keep some even more important names.

Far too early in the season for me to say definitely who I would rather see go, but as of this moment, Bowe would be first on my chopping block (if he won't renegotiate) and Hali would be last on that list--for me anyway. I just don't think Bowe has ever lived up to his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nah, just take a WR or two in the 2015 draft. Keep Davis.
    Agreed. Trading Davis for a WR might backfire, if we draft two WR's and neither pan out (unlikely) we'd still have Davis in our running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    No thanks... Davis is filling a need for this team. I have zero faith in Cyrus Gray as a subsitute or back up should something happen to Charles.
    I don't. Gray, quietly is one of my favorite unsung Chiefs. Classy blue collar who does what is asked of him well. I think he could be a very reliable back up to Jamaal. But Knile is coming on strong and I like the size variation we can throw at the opponents.

I actually think Andy should have rewarded Gray late in the Monday night game by letting him carry the rock when the game was already decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I don't. Gray, quietly is one of my favorite unsung Chiefs. Classy blue collar who does what is asked of him well. I think he could be a very reliable back up to Jamaal. But Knile is coming on strong and I like the size variation we can throw at the opponents.

I actually think Andy should have rewarded Gray late in the Monday night game by letting him carry the rock when the game was already decided.
    Yup! With Davis seeming to make progress in holding onto the ball the JC/David duo is starting to look like it could be VERY IMPRESSIVE. LET'S HOPE!!!!

But Knile is coming on strong and I like the size variation we can throw at the opponents.
    A bit off topic, but I still dont understand why we arent using Davis more in short yardage situations. Like goalline and 4th and inches. With his size and strength, I feel like Davis has a better chance to power into the endzone than JC does.

Just a thought, but I think Reid may still be trying to figure out if Davis can be trusted to hold onto the ball. Davis is good, but he has had some problems holding onto the pigskin.

Agreed about Cyrus Gray. This is the best roster of RB's that we've had in some time.

He looks good in pre-season games against back ups but in real games, all he is capable of doing is lowering his head and running hard straight forward. Which is good once a defense starts getting tired, but against a fresh defense. Where there is not really a hole. He does not get much.

He is probably the worte pass blocking Rb we have and has dropped a fair share of passes. I like him a 3rd back who gets reps later in a game when the defense is starting to get a little slower and he is fresh, but as I said before. I have zero faith in him as the #2 guy, specially in passing situations.

If given the opportnity and he proves he can do it, it would change my opinion as I have nothing against the guy, but I don't think he has been given the opportunity specifically because he has not earned that trust yet from the coaches. Frankly, from what I was hearing out of training camp. I was surprised he made the team. He ran the ball well in a couple of the pre-season games that helped him find the roster, plus his special teams contribution helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12