Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Default Trade Idea

So I was talking with a friend and he brought up a trade idea. I wanted to run it by you guys to see what you think.

Trade Knile Davis to the Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson (WR).

The Vikings get a RB to replace AP. We get a WR to pair with Bowe (or to replace Bowe) to give our passing game that extra spark it needs to get over the hump.

Yes we lose our backup RB, but RBs can usually be found relatively easily in the mid rounds of the draft. JC has a few more good years on his tires.

Thoughts? I'm not sure if I like the idea yet, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

Nah, just take a WR or two in the 2015 draft. Keep Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Nah, just take a WR or two in the 2015 draft. Keep Davis.
    I haven't seen Corradelle play much, but I like Knile Davis in this team a lot. We do need receivers on this team, just not at the expense of Knile.

I see the logic behind this trade idea but it doesn't give me the "warm and fuzzies".

#1) We're 25 % into the season and the team seems to be starting to "gel". Hate to mess up the chemistry they have going.

#2) The Vikes gave up 4 draft picks to get the #29 pick overall to get him. I doubt they would take the trade.

#3) From all I hear, Reid's system is pretty complicated. How long would it take Peterson to learn it? Might kill our season if it took him 3 or 4 games to catch on.#

So no....I'm not too hot on this idea.

No thanks... Davis is filling a need for this team. I have zero faith in Cyrus Gray as a subsitute or back up should something happen to Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    The Vikings get a RB to replace AP. We get a WR to pair with Bowe (or to replace Bowe) to give our passing game that extra spark it needs to get over the hump.
    I think the Vikings have already found their replacement for AP. The Vikings are ranked 7th in the NFL in rushing without AP and Jerrick McKinnon is averaging 6.2 yards per carry. Between him and Asiata the Vikings rushed for 241 yds last week.

I don't think the Vikings benefit as much from adding Davis as they are hurt by losing Patterson.

The Chiefs are already ranked 9th in scoring at 25.5 ppg (tied with San Diego and ahead of Denver, btw) and we averaged 30.7 ppg in our last 3 games and 37.5 ppg in our last 2. We are trending upward after only scoring 10 in our first game.

Knile rushed for more yards than Jamaal did Monday night and, while Patterson would definitely help our passing game, it's the strength of our running game that sets up the pass to be successful. We need to keep Davis for insurance in case Charles gets hurt again and just to spell Charles and reduce the wear and tear on his body. He's had a torn ACL and is playing through an ankle sprain (which he described as "sore" in his press conference after Monday Nights game.

So I would say ... "no."
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I see the logic in it. But these types of trades in the NFL just don't happen. For some reason trades in the NFL are just never as big as they are in the other sports
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I agree Knile means more to us than cordarelle would. How ever I do think we need to make a trade to acquire a couple picks and free up some money. What do you all think of trading Berry? He would bring in one heck if a load in terms of picks nd salary cap space. And imagine there would be a lot of suitors.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I agree Knile means more to us than cordarelle would. How ever I do think we need to make a trade to acquire a couple picks and free up some money. What do you all think of trading Berry? He would bring in one heck if a load in terms of picks nd salary cap space. And imagine there would be a lot of suitors.
    I see a situation developing where we will lose at least one of either Bowe, Berry, Hali, or DJ after this season and I think they will all play their butts off to make sure they aren't the odd man out. That should be fun to watch!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I see a situation developing where we will lose at least one of either Bowe, Berry, Hali, or DJ after this season and I think they will all play their butts off to make sure they aren't the odd man out. That should be fun to watch!

I think the only question is does Bowe want to be a Chief. Given his suspension and the fact that he hasn't really lived up to the money he was singed for the Chiefs have the right to cut his contract without having to take any cap hit. If he wants to be a Chief he will be willing to rework his deal to a more team friendly deal. If he wants to get paid then I think he will be the odd man out.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast