Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eerie parallel in Frankenchief's world!!!

Default Eerie parallel in Frankenchief's world!!!

I'm a lifetime fan of the Chiefs. But I'm also a big soccer fan and a former player. As such I'm a lifetime fan of Arsenal FC. These two teams of mine are basically having the same season. Multiple injuries to key players. Frustratingly slow start to the season, etc.

I just watched live my Arsenal Gunners duplicate my Chiefs Monday night performance in a UEFA match. It is really spooky.

I know it's useless information, but I had to say it someplace!

Now back to your current program.....

[QUOTE=Frankenchief;301833]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Key injuries especially to Sturridge means we haven't been the same going forward all season. The manager also won't change his formation/personnel despite the fact that everyone can see fatal flaws in his system. Lacking an athletic, disciplined defensive midfielder is also so detrimental to the team, all the top teams have one but we don't. /QUOTE]This is almost exactly the state of the Gunners from the fans' POV.

I disagree about Welbeck. Potentially I see the next Henry. Giroud is what he is. A very good player, but not elite.
    Don't see it myself, the only similarities I can see is good pace. I don't think Welbeck has the skill,composure or link-up play that Henry had, Welbeck could become a solid premiership striker but I don't think he'll ever get near the levels of Henry.

[QUOTE=Lewis_Chiefs;301840]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post

Don't see it myself, the only similarities I can see is good pace. I don't think Welbeck has the skill,composure or link-up play that Henry had, Welbeck could become a solid premiership striker but I don't think he'll ever get near the levels of Henry.
    Don't forget that Henry didn't have "the skill,composure or link-up play that Henry had" once upon a time. Maybe I'm acting as an Arsenal homer, but I do see some Henry-like potential in Welbeck's future.

[QUOTE=Frankenchief;301841]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Don't forget that Henry didn't have "the skill,composure or link-up play that Henry had" once upon a time. Maybe I'm acting as an Arsenal homer, but I do see some Henry-like potential in Welbeck's future.
    It's not impossible, It happened with Ramsay last season, it wasn't too long ago Arsenal fans wanted Ramsay out of the club and where saying he would never make it and look at him now.

True. Here's to an Asenal Championship and Liverpool as runner up. ;)

Down with Chelsea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12