Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eerie parallel in Frankenchief's world!!!

Default Eerie parallel in Frankenchief's world!!!

I'm a lifetime fan of the Chiefs. But I'm also a big soccer fan and a former player. As such I'm a lifetime fan of Arsenal FC. These two teams of mine are basically having the same season. Multiple injuries to key players. Frustratingly slow start to the season, etc.

I just watched live my Arsenal Gunners duplicate my Chiefs Monday night performance in a UEFA match. It is really spooky.

I know it's useless information, but I had to say it someplace!

Now back to your current program.....

CONGRATS MAN!!!!! I hope both the teams you follow get better and better all season!

The only good thing about soccer

But glad your team is doing well now
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The only good thing about soccer

But glad your team is doing well now
    Thanks man. Today's match was a statement one in the same nature as the Chiefs Monday night one. This has been a rare great sports week for me.

As for that Miller radio guy, he actually declares in the piece that he hates soccer. If he didn't he would have no problem pronouncing the Cameroon player's name. Can't be any more difficult than Houshmandzadeh or any number of those Samoan names in the NFL.

It could be worse mate, my team Liverpool are doing even worse at the moment and lost again last night.

Yeah what's up with them this year? My wife is a Liverpool fan too. But being a good wife she roots for Arsenal when they are not playing Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Yeah what's up with them this year? My wife is a Liverpool fan too. But being a good wife she roots for Arsenal when they are not playing Liverpool.
    Losing Suarez has a big part to play in it.

Key injuries especially to Sturridge means we haven't been the same going forward all season. The manager also won't change his formation/personnel despite the fact that everyone can see fatal flaws in his system. Lacking an athletic, disciplined defensive midfielder is also so detrimental to the team, all the top teams have one but we don't. He also won't drop a 34 year old Gerrard who is clearly showing signs of age, he continues to be an auto pick in the wrong position whilst he continues to play poorly.

I don't mind Arsenal to be honest, you've got a good squad now but still not enough to challenge for the league title in my opinion. Welbeck and Giroud just aren't good enough for a top team to be relying on up front.

Another eerie parallel: Both Arsenal FC and the Kansas City Chiefs consider themselves "football teams!"
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

[QUOTE=Lewis_Chiefs;301827]
    Key injuries especially to Sturridge means we haven't been the same going forward all season. The manager also won't change his formation/personnel despite the fact that everyone can see fatal flaws in his system. Lacking an athletic, disciplined defensive midfielder is also so detrimental to the team, all the top teams have one but we don't. /QUOTE]This is almost exactly the state of the Gunners from the fans' POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    I don't mind Arsenal to be honest, you've got a good squad now but still not enough to challenge for the league title in my opinion. Welbeck and Giroud just aren't good enough for a top team to be relying on up front.
    I disagree about Welbeck. Potentially I see the next Henry. Giroud is what he is. A very good player, but not elite.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Another eerie parallel: Both Arsenal FC and the Kansas City Chiefs consider themselves "football teams!"
    LOL, I see what you did there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast