Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The elephant in the room.....

Default The elephant in the room.....

Time to talk about that 10,000 pound beast sitting over there in the corner.....How good are our Chiefs this year??

So 4 games in we are 2-2.

We should have POUNDED the Titans. They suck.

If we had caught a break we'd have beaten the donkeys in donkeyland.

We whupped up on the fish and the splats. Combined score for those 2 games....75-29.

All in all, I think we are about where most of us expected to be at this point. Maybe the optimists amongst us expected 3-1.....the pessimists 1-3. But I think most of us pretty much figured we'd be about 2-2 right now. And I think most of us figured the season for somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. Maybe if we were lucky 10-6. Even proangler probably figured we'd be at least 1-3 at this point.

But we lost to the Titans and we pounded the splats. Who'd have figured that???

So how good or bad are we?

I suspect we are going to get a pretty damned good idea about that on Sunday. Truth be told I think the game against SF is going to tell us if we are a serious contender this year. If we beat the 9ers then I think we are a legitimate contender for the playoffs this year. If we don't then I think that a 7-9 to 9-7 record is where we are headed this year. In other words, a perfect example of "parity". Excuse me while puke.

So.....Are we going to beat SF on Sunday and become contenders or are we going to sink into a morass of "parity"?

I ask that question because I think that is the elephant in the room. Yeah.....that 10,000 pound mofo over there in the corner.

Somehow by this time last week I "knew" we were going to beat the the splats. Dunno why.....just "felt it in my bones". This week my bones are sleeping and they aren't telling me a damned thing. One minute I think we are going to kick some 9er butt, the next my outlook is less bright.

So guys....since my bones are "on strike", what do you guys think? What's gonna happen Sunday? And why do you think that? Are your bones talking to you? Or do you have concrete reasons for your prediction?

Let's hear it guys! I don't like going into a game without having a "feeling" about what is going to happen.

Well, I still have questions. At this point in time, I think the Chiefs are a very good team with a lot of injuries making them average. While our ILB are doing good, they were exposed many times on first down. The times our defense did well was when San Fran tried to throw on first down and got in a hole. When they ran for 7 yards on first down they moved the chains.

Coaching hurt us this game with insisting on throwing the ball when we needed a Yard. Not one, twice, but at least four times. Plus 12 men on the field was down right horrible. Not something I would expect from this team.

I was not impressed with San Fran and if they don't turn it up, will be 8-8 at best, so the question still stands. They can't keep winning games by kicking 50 yard field goals, which twice they only got into that range by heaving up two long balls to have Brandon Lloyd make a circus catch.

We should have won that game but failure to move the chains the second half killed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Well, I still have questions. At this point in time, I think the Chiefs are a very good team with a lot of injuries making them average. While our ILB are doing good, they were exposed many times on first down. The times our defense did well was when San Fran tried to throw on first down and got in a hole. When they ran for 7 yards on first down they moved the chains.

Coaching hurt us this game with insisting on throwing the ball when we needed a Yard. Not one, twice, but at least four times. Plus 12 men on the field was down right horrible. Not something I would expect from this team.

I was not impressed with San Fran and if they don't turn it up, will be 8-8 at best, so the question still stands. They can't keep winning games by kicking 50 yard field goals, which twice they only got into that range by heaving up two long balls to have Brandon Lloyd make a circus catch.

We should have won that game but failure to move the chains the second half killed us.
    The only reasoning I can come up with is that Reid thought his short yardage passing game was better than his short yardage rushing game. Before the game everyone was talking about how good the SF run defense was, so maybe we shouldn't be surprised with Reid that that's the direction he went. But here's the caveat - Our running game was doing well. There was no reason to abandon it the way he did, unless he was trying to hide something from his next opponent. But seeing as how SD is two weeks away, it kinda throws that out of the picture.

Maybe this game was Reid's way of pushing his teams' weaker links (the WR corps and the O-line) into getting a better performance out of them. The O-line responded, but the WR's we've got just are not able to breakaway the way we'd like.

Are the chiefs really in last with WR TDs and WR yards?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Are the chiefs really in last with WR TDs and WR yards?
    Yes. We were close to last if not last in 2013 as well.

...Cover the TE and stop the Run

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    ...Cover the TE and stop the Run
    It doesn't help when OUR HC stops the run himself
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It doesn't help when OUR HC stops the run himself
    hahaha, that was good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12