Thread: Eric Fisher

Default Eric Fisher

So he just went against the beast that is Justin Smith and played well. He also played well against a physical Denver, Miami and New England front 7. I think we have a solid LT for years to come. Thoughts?

JMHO - Eric carried himself pretty well today. Yes we've found our LT. He gets a little better every game. If he stays healthy, next year is going to be his true make or break year (Hopefully he'll get a proper offseason workout program in, last offseason he was dealing with recovering from shoulder surgery)

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    So he just went against the beast that is Justin Smith and played well. He also played well against a physical Denver, Miami and New England front 7. I think we have a solid LT for years to come. Thoughts?

So far, so good, for Fisher. He's coming along nicely. It's funny how the media was ragging on him so heavily when he was having his rookie struggles playing out of position at RT & when he got off to a slow start this pre-season, but they won't give him any credit if he does well, because they don't have balls enough to admit they were wrong about him.

Fisher has the skillset and physical ability to be another Tony Boselli for the Chiefs and thus far in the regular season, he has looked the part. Best thing that can happen for the Chiefs is for him to become a stud LT this year & that way they don't have to even remotely think about taking a LT in round 1 in 2015.

And to those people that were spouting off round the web "do you miss Branden Albert?", the answer is a resounding HELL NO !!!

I was one critical of him. So far, he is off my radar. I am not ready to label him anything other than stating that he does not appear to be the complete Bust of a draft pick that he was looking like.

One thing I do want to point out. The Chiefs had their best success running on the right side behind Fulton.

No doubt in my mind that Fisher is playing better this year at LT than he was last year at RT. I'm not ready to say he is a top tier LT, but I think he is progressing well. If he continues to improve through this season, then I think that by the end of the year we may well have a top tier LT on our hands. Be real nice if he was performing at that level by the end of the season.

Let say that with regard to Fisher I am cautiously optimistic.