Thread: The two departed Brandons

Default The two departed Brandons

The Chiefs have taken a TON of heat from fans for letting Bradon Carr and Brandon Flowers go.

Carr in the last couple of years hasn't done all that much and last year with him as there number 1 cb they were one of the worst defenses in NFL history

FLowers is currently getting burned by Derek Carr and the Faiders

Maybe they actually knew what they were doing after all?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I have always agreed that Carr was overrated, and got overpaid, and had been exposed as such in Dallas.

However, I have heard he was doing well in SD up until this game apparently. I'm not at all upset that we let him go. He didn't play well in our system last year and he was often hurt. His cap hit was the icing on the cake.

I didn't believe we had depth behind either of them when we let them go, but hind sight being 20/20 I have faith our backups can play to their caliber.

Carr was good but no where near the deal he received but more power to him. Carr fit our style more than flowers did. Flowers is better at zone which we run man to man. I dont think we have missed flowers or atleast the drop off aint that big. Yet.

Carr was and is just average the Cowboys OVERPAID greatly for him. I never understood the fan fare he got from a lot of Chiefs fans.

Flowers is good. But lets be real here. He was playing at the end of last year. Just like everyone else he wasn't doing much to stop teams from scoring. The only issue I had with his release was the timing. If they had done it before free agency to free up the cap room to sign someone I wouldn't have had any problem with it at all. But they waited and just cut him after everyone who would have mattered was off the market. But he wasn't as big of loss as many think seeing that the defense was struggling badly when he was playing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Carr was and is just average the Cowboys OVERPAID greatly for him. I never understood the fan fare he got from a lot of Chiefs fans.

Flowers is good. But lets be real here. He was playing at the end of last year. Just like everyone else he wasn't doing much to stop teams from scoring. The only issue I had with his release was the timing. If they had done it before free agency to free up the cap room to sign someone I wouldn't have had any problem with it at all. But they waited and just cut him after everyone who would have mattered was off the market. But he wasn't as big of loss as many think seeing that the defense was struggling badly when he was playing
    The Cowboys have a tendency to overpay a LOT of players....Exhibit A, Tony Romo...

I still think that letting Brandon Carr go in favor of keeping Dwayne Bowe was a mistake, at that time. Pioli sold the whole thing to us as a "It's either one or the other, we can't keep both" scenario. The entire secondary had a good chemistry going, and Pioli managed to ignore the O-line and destroy the fun part of the team to watch all (young secondary) all at once. A lot of people claim Carr wanted to play for the Cowboys, but in the end I think it was the money and where Pioli chose to spend it.

When Flowers got signed by the Chargers, Sutton's D was in place and everyone complained he was a "cover 2" Herm Edwards defense guy. My grumbles about letting Flowers go was not getting anything in trade for him. The guy was good enough to warrant some trade interest.

At this point, it's all moot. Neither one were ever going to make Chiefs fans forget about James Hasty or Dale Carter. Right now, the guy I think is playing good at CB for us is Sean Smith, and next offseason we'll be able to draft some help.

I wasn't happy to see these two leave....but then I am never happy when a player who has done well for us for a while leaves.....especially with Flowers staying in the AFC West.

But so far I don't see the loss of either as having really hurt us so ultimately these were probably good decisions.

What a surprise, Flowers has a groin injury and may not play Sunday.

When healthy, Flowers was great. The problem is he was banged up a lot the past couple of seasons.

I heard that pff has flowers ranked #1 out of 103 cb so far this year. That doesn't mean he would have been any better here since they play a different style than we do. Plus he's prolly playing with a chip on his shoulder.