Thread: need advice from Chiefs fans in KC

Default need advice from Chiefs fans in KC

I'm a lifelong Chiefs fan from a land far away and am planning my first ever visit to KC for the Chiefs/Seahawks game November 16th.

I need your best advice for someones first time at Arrowhead. Need advice on where to go, your best way/experience to tailgate (any organized groups that host?), and any other tips.

Other advice for general visiting in KC would be great too.

Thanks!
    Go Chiefs!

First off, welcome to Chiefscrowd.com, and welcome to KC.

As far as tailgating groups that host, can't say, maybe someone else will know someone to recommend. Get ready for the parking costs ($30).

As far as things to do in KC the two I'd recommend are the WW1 memorial/muesum and the Nelson-Adtkins art gallery. Don't forget to try the BBQ (would recommend Gates or Arthur Bryant's).

Thanks! I'm pumped about finally making it out after watching the Chiefs for 20 years. Appreciate the recommendations! Anybody know a tailgating organizer?

Quote Originally Posted by dfwarwick View Post
    Thanks! I'm pumped about finally making it out after watching the Chiefs for 20 years. Appreciate the recommendations! Anybody know a tailgating organizer?
    Never heard of any such service other than you just hooking up with someone who is going. I do think the Chiefs have a pavilion that you buy tickets for where they have a big party type of tent where they have a buffet type of service.

Welcome to the board! I too am a long time non local Chiefs fan and will also be making my annual trip out to Arrowhead for the Seahawks game. We've never really done any tailgating out there, although it is awesome just walking through the parking lots there on game day. I agree with Eydugstr, get some BBQ. The original Arthur Bryant's is a must every time we're in town! Planning on trying Oklahoma Joe's this year too.

Besides Arthur Bryant's & Gates........Don't forget about Jack Stack BBQ also.

I personally avoid Gates like it is the plague. Each their own, please don't go there and labeling that as KC BBQ. To me it their sauce that makes their name and not their actual quality of smoking meet. Frankly I am upset when anyone puts that sauce on anything I smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I personally avoid Gates like it is the plague. Each their own, please don't go there and labeling that as KC BBQ. To me it their sauce that makes their name and not their actual quality of smoking meet. Frankly I am upset when anyone puts that sauce on anything I smoke.
    Agreed, good BBQ to me is all about the smoking of meat and the rub. LC's is another place that I've hit quite frequently when I'm out there, some of the best Burnt Ends I've had, although I was a little disappointed last time I was there a few years ago. It is very close to Arrowhead.