Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts about KC/SD game

Default Random thoughts about KC/SD game

In no particular order:

1- Jamaal Charles. See? Andy?

2- O-line is playing over their head. But that's old news now. Happy news never gets old though.

3- Whatever shortcoming the O-line had was offset by Alex. Great game Mr. Smith.

4- Speaking of Alex, I sometimes feel sorry for him. His WRs are letting him down big time. Hemingway should be ashamed for dropping a laser guided pass that he should have taken to the house. Jenkins has no excuse for stepping out of bounds - with no coercion from the SD defense - on a pass HE should have taken to the house. there were an assortment of other drops as well on very catchable balls. We are the only team without a TD from a wide out and I thought Jenkins had a chance to end that drought as well as his "bust" moniker today. My son's text after that play: "only a Chiefs wide out would self-tackle like that."

5- Yes, Dwayne Bowe had that silly drop wide open, but I exempt him from the comment #4 due to the rest of his play today. The man meant business today. I just wish he'd be consistent with that attitude every game.

6- Fleming must have slept with the head official's wife. They were very mad at him and kept punishing him with bogus calls at crucial times. On the first San Diego TD drive they flagged him for pass interference for lightly touching the back of the receiver. No grabbing, no pushing. Nothing even close. But first down and goal!!!!! There was another play in the second half they punished him for a great textbook sideline coverage. Boom, "pass interference!" and if memory serves that was on 3rd and long too. If I squeeze my brain, I'm pretty sure I could juice out at least one more bad call against him. Mr. Fleming, in my book, had a very solid game.

7- Yest, the San Diego D did have several stupid mistakes that kept our drives alive, but on balance we did get the worst of the officiating. This more than offsets the SD mistakes.

8- Speaking of bad officiating, there was that very favorable spot for the Chargers that Andy challenged. Bad challenge. Especially when we were down to only two time outs. Yes it was a ref gift to SD, but it was too close and they were never going to reverse it. SD would have gone for it and gotten the few inches on 4th down. No time to risk a precious time out and bankrupt you time out purse . Gambler Andy should know when to hold'em and when to fold'em.

9- Speaking of bankrupting your timeout purse, why the hell would we kill our momentum on a hot drive by stopping it with a time out?!!!!... Why?! Why?! Why?! In a tight game EVERY freaking second half timeout is precious.

10- This game (according to stats) should have been won by at least a couple of TDs. Folks, we have a legit team with starterss named Mauga, McGlynne, Parker etc.

11- OK, Mauga is a player. I have watched him for a few games and he comes to play.

12- Sherman tank,... 'nuff said except we violated the Cardinals on that trade. A feather on the cap of one John Michael Dorsey.

13- I hate hate hate the jerk, Phillip Rivers. Just can't stand that arrogant *******. One of the biggest NFL joys for me is seeing his face red and angry. If it's hard for me to root for him maybe even against the Donks, I must hate him bad.

14- When in the hell is Antonio Gates going to retire? He seems to always have his best games against the Chiefs.

15- 2 minutes to go and we are driving for a potential game winning score. Why do I always feel that Reid is reserving his most ill advised calls for this situation? I mean, 2nd and 2 near the field goal range and he calls for two passes in a row while the run has been our bread and butter all game. Andy, I love you man, but haven't these type of calls already cost us at least two games?

16- With rant 15 out of the way, I can now say, save for the first game of the season in which we deserved to lose, Andy Reid has almost completely out-couched his counterparts. I say "almost" to allow for 15. For the main body of game, I don't think there is a couch out there I prefer over Andy Reid. It's just the late calls that hold him back from comfortably being referred to as "Elite." I think we have our best head coach since Hank Stram, and that includes Vermeil and Schittenheimer. the way he is having these guys play is awe inspiring.

17- Last, but not least, credit due a guy who looks like is still overwhelmed by the spotlights: VIVA BRAZIL!

15. You nailed it. Got pass happy again when it wasn't needed.

18. Fisher had his worst game, today. Needs to step it up. He's capable of much better.

Agree with 18. But I'm not worried about him. He'll pan out.

I have no problem with the passing, for one I'm glad to see them passing more we need to even the offence out. JMO I love that we can be more dangerous, cause defense's will have to stop the run and pass. That sounds good to me, don't know what all the fuss is about. I think the receivers had their best game as a whole in a long time. So the whole team gets a B- from me

On number 15, weren't we out of timeouts (which goes back to the poor clock/timeout management)? In that scenario I'm ok with passing since you don't want the clock to run out. We didn't NEED the first down and we were in fg range already. That is the exact situation where you pass and look for a safe pass in the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post

4- Speaking of Alex, I sometimes feel sorry for him. His WRs are letting him down big time. Hemingway should be ashamed for dropping a laser guided pass that he should have taken to the house. Jenkins has no excuse for stepping out of bounds - with no coercion from the SD defense - on a pass HE should have taken to the house. there were an assortment of other drops as well on very catchable balls. We are the only team without a TD from a wide out and I thought Jenkins had a chance to end that drought as well as his "bust" moniker today. My son's text after that play: "only a Chiefs wide out would self-tackle like that."

THIS THIS AND MORE THIS.

For the past week I have seen people bash Alex because our WRs don't have a td catch. Bowe has dropped one. Jenkins SHOULD have had one today. Alex CAN NOT catch the ball for his guys. The fact that our WRs don't have a td pass just shows we dont have a good WR core. Our Number 1 is dropping passes. We need to FINALLY upgrade our WR core if we expect Alex to do much with this group its just not going to happen
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    On number 15, weren't we out of timeouts (which goes back to the poor clock/timeout management)? In that scenario I'm ok with passing since you don't want the clock to run out. We didn't NEED the first down and we were in fg range already. That is the exact situation where you pass and look for a safe pass in the end zone.
    Yes we were out of timeouts and under 40 seconds left in the game, so if we run for 5 yards we have to run up and hope to spike the ball.

Emanuel Sanders lit it up tonight, damn idiot should have been here helping us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    In no particular order:

1- Jamaal Charles. See? Andy?

2- O-line is playing over their head. But that's old news now. Happy news never gets old though.

3- Whatever shortcoming the O-line had was offset by Alex. Great game Mr. Smith.

5- Yes, Dwayne Bowe had that silly drop wide open, but I exempt him from the comment #4 due to the rest of his play today. The man meant business today. I just wish he'd be consistent with that attitude every game.

6- Fleming must have slept with the head official's wife. They were very mad at him and kept punishing him with bogus calls at crucial times. On the first San Diego TD drive they flagged him for pass interference for lightly touching the back of the receiver. No grabbing, no pushing. Nothing even close. But first down and goal!!!!! There was another play in the second half they punished him for a great textbook sideline coverage. Boom, "pass interference!" and if memory serves that was on 3rd and long too. If I squeeze my brain, I'm pretty sure I could juice out at least one more bad call against him. Mr. Fleming, in my book, had a very solid game.

7- Yest, the San Diego D did have several stupid mistakes that kept our drives alive, but on balance we did get the worst of the officiating. This more than offsets the SD mistakes.

8- Speaking of bad officiating, there was that very favorable spot for the Chargers that Andy challenged. Bad challenge. Especially when we were down to only two time outs. Yes it was a ref gift to SD, but it was too close and they were never going to reverse it. SD would have gone for it and gotten the few inches on 4th down. No time to risk a precious time out and bankrupt you time out purse . Gambler Andy should know when to hold'em and when to fold'em.

9- Speaking of bankrupting your timeout purse, why the hell would we kill our momentum on a hot drive by stopping it with a time out?!!!!... Why?! Why?! Why?! In a tight game EVERY freaking second half timeout is precious.

10- This game (according to stats) should have been won by at least a couple of TDs. Folks, we have a legit team with starterss named Mauga, McGlynne, Parker etc.

11- OK, Mauga is a player. I have watched him for a few games and he comes to play.

12- Sherman tank,... 'nuff said except we violated the Cardinals on that trade. A feather on the cap of one John Michael Dorsey.

13- I hate hate hate the jerk, Phillip Rivers. Just can't stand that arrogant *******. One of the biggest NFL joys for me is seeing his face red and angry. If it's hard for me to root for him maybe even against the Donks, I must hate him bad.

14- When in the hell is Antonio Gates going to retire? He seems to always have his best games against the Chiefs.

15- 2 minutes to go and we are driving for a potential game winning score. Why do I always feel that Reid is reserving his most ill advised calls for this situation? I mean, 2nd and 2 near the field goal range and he calls for two passes in a row while the run has been our bread and butter all game. Andy, I love you man, but haven't these type of calls already cost us at least two games?

16- With rant 15 out of the way, I can now say, save for the first game of the season in which we deserved to lose, Andy Reid has almost completely out-couched his counterparts. I say "almost" to allow for 15. For the main body of game, I don't think there is a couch out there I prefer over Andy Reid. It's just the late calls that hold him back from comfortably being referred to as "Elite." I think we have our best head coach since Hank Stram, and that includes Vermeil and Schittenheimer. the way he is having these guys play is awe inspiring.

17- Last, but not least, credit due a guy who looks like is still overwhelmed by the spotlights: VIVA BRAZIL!
    1) Agreed. And congrats to JC for breaking the Chiefs all-time rushing record. Imagine what JC could've done had he worked with Schottenheimer or Dick Vermeil.

2) This game won't go down as the O-line's best, but they are young, and they're improving overall.

3) Geno who?

4) The biggest glaring weakness on this team, is the WR's. Bowe's okay but from there it goes downhill. Could never understand how Jenkins or Hemingway couldn't unseat Avery, but now we're beginning to find out why.

6) For awhile there, Fleming seemed like the new Jerome Woods. Remember Jerome Woods? All he had to do was walk on the field and yellow flags would start flying. Didn't matter whether he did anything or not, yellow streaks would appear over the TV picture. Fleming, whatever you said/did to the refs, take it back.

7) SD's mistakes began with the firing of a 14-2 head coach, and thinking the path to redemption was Norv Turner.

8) While it was a knee jerk reaction, I don't blame Reid a bit for throwing that flag. It was a horrible spot and Reid was standing right there, the refs were nowhere around (not sure I'm believing the commentator's bit about the marker refs being on the other side.) Reid must've lost five pounds bawling out the refs a little later in the game.

9) With #8 being said....Yeah it sucked losing the timeout. By that time it was apparent who's side the refs were taking, Reid was getting flustered, and a horrible spot. Bad combination.

10) Agreed. Imagine how that second half would've been without the drops.

11) Mauga showed up to play a ball game. What's weird is our injuries have shown that this team has better depth than it was given credit for. The players are stepping up on defense.

12) Agreed. Great effort by Sherman to keep a play alive and then some.

15&16) Reid is going to be Reid. We knew he was going to be pass happy when he hit the door. The only explanation I can offer is that Reid is STILL trying to change the player's mindset of "JC is that one that's going to be getting the ball, so really all we have to do is occaisionally block." This mentality has been around since Herm Edwards was the HC. So as a result, Reid's response is to pass, pass, pass and pass again, until the mentality of "we're just a rushing offense" changes.

17) Hat's off to Cairo Santos. 48 yd FG exactly when we needed it to happen.

the Jenkins run almost broke my heart

vid
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast