Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled this one out....

Default Pulled this one out....

And now we are 3-3 through the very toughest part of our schedule. It will take 11-5 to make the playoffs, but based on what I have seen through 6 games I see no reason we can't go 8-2 for the rest of the season. Tough, but doable. I think our chances of making the playoffs are better now than they were 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    About 85% of 10-6 teams make the playoffs, and I think we have a fighting chance. The difference between a very good 6-0 team (last year) and a very good 3-3 team is the schedule. I think it's a more complete team than last year. Last year was no offense/all defense or all offense / no defense. The only thing consistent between this year and last is no downfield passing game. But that's ok, so long as we get down the field in two minutes like this week when needed.
    The highlighted part is the only part of what you said that I do not agree with. The other thing that is consistent between this year and last is that our team that was 2-14 in 2012 has become consistently good. The easier schedule certainly helped us last year, but regardless of the schedule, a team that goes 11-5 is a good team. And yes, we pooped the bed in the first game this year but through the toughest part of our schedule we beat Miami in Miami, beat the Chargers in San Diego and kicked the tar out of New England at home. And for good luck when we played the donks and the 9ers in THEIR HOUSES we were in both games right to the end. That's a very good team.

If we don't make the playoffs this year I think the Titans game will be the reason why. Even very good teams have a lousy day sometimes. But we chose a very bad day to have a lousy game. The "easy ones" (if there is such a thing) are the ones you have to win. I'd have rather we got blown out by either the donks or the 9ers and beat the Titans in a squeaker. That single win that we should have had may well come back to haunt us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12