Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 of the 4........................

Default 3 of the 4........................

Teams that the Chiefs have beaten have better then .500 currently.

This team might not be 7-0 at this point like they were a year ago but they are CLEARLY ahead of where they were at this time last year on the field. The season hasn't been nearly as hard to get through as many including myself thought. The biggest knock against the Chiefs a year ago was they couldn't beat teams over .500 well now they are doing that 3-2 against teams with a .500 record or better
    Last edited by matthewschiefs; 10-26-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It started with that win in Miami, which has clearly turned their season around.

Regardless of the record, I am confident that Reid has put together a better football team than he did last year. And I feel fairly confident in saying Reid will continue to do so. Dorsey has already proved he is a million times better than Pissoli ever dreamed of being. Clark Hunt.....YOU DONE GOOD. THANK YOU!!!!

OH.....and IIRC Alex Smith went 24-28 today. I'll admit, getting Alex Smith wasn't cheap. Down right expensive between draft choices and his new contract. But is there anybody left that thinks it was the wrong decision?

This team, this GM, this coach and this QB are going to win playoff games and probably a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Regardless of the record, I am confident that Reid has put together a better football team than he did last year. And I feel fairly confident in saying Reid will continue to do so. Dorsey has already proved he is a million times better than Pissoli ever dreamed of being. Clark Hunt.....YOU DONE GOOD. THANK YOU!!!!

OH.....and IIRC Alex Smith went 24-28 today. I'll admit, getting Alex Smith wasn't cheap. Down right expensive between draft choices and his new contract. But is there anybody left that thinks it was the wrong decision?

This team, this GM, this coach and this QB are going to win playoff games and probably a Super Bowl.
    Dorsey has made us all sound like blubbering idiots. We were pretty much all down on the offseason moves but guess what they have seemed to have worked out.

Though I will point out that I was the one asking over and over again all offseason what exactly we lost that was just so darn good LOL. But even I feel to the gloom when Flowers was let go.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Dorsey has made us all sound like blubbering idiots. We were pretty much all down on the offseason moves but guess what they have seemed to have worked out.

Though I will point out that I was the one asking over and over again all offseason what exactly we lost that was just so darn good LOL. But even I feel to the gloom when Flowers was let go.
    This year's team seems to have a lot better depth than given credit for. We didn't sign any high dollar/high profile free agents and instead took the depth route. So far we're getting a lot more bang for the buck than other teams are that have blown way more money.

Does anyone remember the 2013 draft and how there were many crybabying over the RB Knile Davis selection at the end of round 3 (supplemental pick obtained for losing Brandon Carr)? Anyone remember that RB Trent Richardson was drafted #3 overall by Cleveland the year before & that they even traded up one spot to take Richardson?

Which player would you rather have now that both have undergone the true litmus test of playing in the NFL? It's a no-brainer, isn't it? Knile Davis is clearly the better player and it's not even close.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 10-27-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Does anyone remember the 2013 draft and how there were many crybabying over the RB Knile Davis selection at the end of round 3 (supplemental pick obtained for losing Brandon Carr)? Anyone remember that RB Trent Richardson was drafted #3 overall by Cleveland the year before & that they even traded up one spot to take Richardson?

Which player would you rather have now that both have undergone the true litmus test of playing in the NFL? It's a no-brainer, isn't it? Knile Davis is clearly the better player and it's not even close.
    I started a thread a couple of weeks ago calling myself out for my stupid comments on the Davis pick. Dorsey won that one for sure. He must read my post and when I complain about a pick must think good I nailed one LOL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

No doubt who did better in the 3rd round that year. Davis has obviously turned out to be the better player. But I am not ready to give Dorsey 100% of the credit for that. In fact, I think there is a good chance Richardson would have turned out every bit as good if not better than Davis if he (Richardson) had come to KC. Coaching has a great deal to do with how a draftee turns out. And our Chiefs have an OUTSTANDING coaching staff.....most of whom were brought here by Reid.

I'm not downing Dorsey at all, just saying that when a draft pick turns out well the coaching staff deserves equal credit with the GM. Equally, when a draft pick turns into a bust, the coaching staff shares the blame equally with the GM.

Reid and the rest of the coaching staff are working wonders with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    No doubt who did better in the 3rd round that year. Davis has obviously turned out to be the better player. But I am not ready to give Dorsey 100% of the credit for that. In fact, I think there is a good chance Richardson would have turned out every bit as good if not better than Davis if he (Richardson) had come to KC. Coaching has a great deal to do with how a draftee turns out. And our Chiefs have an OUTSTANDING coaching staff.....most of whom were brought here by Reid.

I'm not downing Dorsey at all, just saying that when a draft pick turns out well the coaching staff deserves equal credit with the GM. Equally, when a draft pick turns into a bust, the coaching staff shares the blame equally with the GM.

Reid and the rest of the coaching staff are working wonders with this team.
    We really do have an all-star coaching staff. There are a number of coaches who have been or have been considered for head coaching jobs.

The RBs coach, though, I believe was one of the few that were retained from the Pioli/Haley period.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

The RBs coach, though, I believe was one of the few that were retained from the Pioli/Haley period.
    No he wasn't. Eric Bienemy was brought in by Andy Reid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast