Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR Kevin White to KC?

Default WR Kevin White to KC?

I know this is too early for Mock drafts, but one is in already. So for ****z'n'giggles:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ctions/page/18

"6'3", 210 lbs, long arms, big hands and vision in adjusting for the football..."

Looks like an "away from body" catcher. My favorite type of receiver. The last time we had a receiver like that his name was Tony Gonzalez and he was a tight end.

I don't follow college football so I can't really offer any knowledge about this guy, but I do know a few things.....

1) We'll have a quite a few compensatory picks next year so Dorsey is going to have a lot of flexibility to trade up, trade down or just plain load up on players that he and Reid feel have potential.

2) We are going to be in Cap Hell again next year with Justin Houston currently playing out the final year of his contract and he is going to be looking for BIG MONEY. To make matters worse, Dontari Poe is going to be looking for a contract extension.

3) Bowe has had some decent games this year, but I can't say that he has earned his big contract last year or so far this year. I see Bowe and maybe Berry as possible cap casualties next year.

4) Because of the 3 things listed above we are going to NEED a rookie WR who can come in and have an impact from week 1.

5) With all our extra draft picks next year we will need to draft a WR as high as we can get in the first round and another WR with a mid-round pick just in case. Same may apply to a safety.

So without a doubt I think White is worth keeping an eye on.

My guess is that Houston gets tagged, Hali gets waived. Bowe will still be here for 1 more year because of the cap hit caused by cutting him. We will definitely address WR during the offseason.

I can see a situation were we could acquire Ifo Ekpre-Olomu in the first Ty Montgomery in the second and , a Tackle or Nelson Augholor or Sammie Coates or Stephon Diggs with 2 picks in the 3rd round That would be a awesome haul four pick in the first 3 rounds and get those kind of Players I would take that any day. I think their is enough talent at Corner and Receiver that it doesn't have to necessarily be in that order either. 2 or 3 of those receivers like that 1 or 2 corners a Tackle and Guard, maybe a LB and Defensive End and I would call it a wrap.
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 10-30-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My guess is that Houston gets tagged, Hali gets waived. Bowe will still be here for 1 more year because of the cap hit caused by cutting him. We will definitely address WR during the offseason.
    I keep hearing that because of his suspension/off field incidents, we can void the guaranteed part of his contract/cap hit from cutting him. If that is the case, I think we definitely cut Bowe. As much as I would hate to see Hali leave, I dont think we can afford to keep him AND Houston, unless Hali redoes his contract and asks for less money.

If Houston keeps up this pace, he is going to want enough money to be the highest paid OLB/DE in the NFL, which is really going to put us in a bind. I hope Dee Ford is ready by next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I keep hearing that because of his suspension/off field incidents, we can void the guaranteed part of his contract/cap hit from cutting him. If that is the case, I think we definitely cut Bowe. As much as I would hate to see Hali leave, I dont think we can afford to keep him AND Houston, unless Hali redoes his contract and asks for less money.

If Houston keeps up this pace, he is going to want enough money to be the highest paid OLB/DE in the NFL, which is really going to put us in a bind. I hope Dee Ford is ready by next year.
    yes, Houston is going to want all the back pay he thinks he should have gotten this year. He's working for that money

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

I had heard that too, but that was before he had the pot charges dropped for pleading guilty to littering and defective equipment and paying a 610 dollar fine and court cost. SO I am not sure these charges defaults his guaranteed contract. Riverside is screwed up. First for arresting him and making it public, but drops the charges basically stating Hey he threw his pot out of the window so we can't charge him with possession, but he is guility for littering and oh by the way, He was not speeding. He just had a head light out. The original reports of us arresting him were not accurate....

We can't make the same mistake a second year running and not address the wide receiver position. Last off season we desperately needed to draft/sign a WR and did nothing about it.

I want a that has speed and hands amd that cam create seperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    yes, Houston is going to want all the back pay he thinks he should have gotten this year. He's working for that money
    I didnt even consider that yet. He is probably going to want a HUGE payday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast