Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts about the Jets game....

Default Random thoughts about the Jets game....

In no particular order. I'll keep it short and sweet because I'm going back to the TV to root for Tommy Brady for once:

1- The AFC West just got real interesting. Go Patriots. we paid for several irreversible years of emulating you. You owe us.

2- Speaking of AFC West, how about them Dolphins?! I wish I could see Phyllis rivers' face today.

3- Back to our game, our D really pooped in the second half. we can't do this and get away with it against better teams as our O wasn't really helping the D much. Some, but not as much as we need against a real opponent. Something has to be done about that run defense.

4- How about D'anthony Thomas?! That man is lightning. He should not have brought out that Jets kick off late in the first half, but he did and he put us in the position to score the all important TD. When he took it out my immediate thought ws "Damn!... 90 yard drive attempt in the last two minutes of the half with Andy on the sideline. Scary thought.

5- Speaking of late game management, in the last 2.5 minutes of the game Andy was playing Jamaal to the ground and/or passing!!!! What's up with that. That should have been Knile Davis time to pound the Jets D. Instead, Andy was playing our finesse RB whom the Jets had figured out and exposing him to potential, unnecessary injury. Was Knile injured? Otherwise there's no excuse for this.

6- Two drafts ago, a good 75% of the Chiefs fans were pining for the can't-miss wonder QB Geno Smith. Who was that dude with a sour puss in a cap on the Jets sideline? Hmmm, .... Looks like we got the better Smith.

7- Several years ago the Broncos were picking third in the draft, and the proverbial "NEXT DERRICK THOMAS" fell into their lap. I think we can actually make the case that we might have gotten the better LB in the 3rd ROUND. In the pregames, Bill Cowher mentioned the Justin Houston has had 22 sacks in his last 19 games played. JJ Watts has 14.5 in HIS last 19. Mind boggling. PAY THE MAN!!!!

8- "ALLAHU SACK-BAR!".... That made me almost throw up my pop when my son texted it to me when Abdullah sacked Simms who was actually moving the Jets. I thought it was too hilarious not to pass it on.

4. DAT is really exciting. I have been saying all year this is a young team we are going to have some weapons like DAT,Davis,Kelcie

We just got to let them grow up as players. We need one more above average WR to go along with Bowe and those weapons and this offense will be like 03
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

1. I agree, although the Donks have a relatively easy schedule from here on out. Go Pats!

3. This game reminded me of the Colts playoff game last year, but thankfully the Jets are in shambles. Any other team and we would have seen a total defensive collapse. I'm hoping the 2nd half defensive softness was due to them taking the Jets softly.

4. Our D has to make the other team punt to put the ball in DAT's hands. He is leading the league in punt return average among players without a TD. He will break one open soon!

5. I don't have a problem with JC vs KD, but those passes were horrible. At least throw a high percentage pass like a screen to keep the clock running.

7. I'm just afraid that paying the man what he wants is going to cripple this team in salary cap. But yes, if he can keep up this performance, he is looking at a huge payday.

8. LOL. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    7. I'm just afraid that paying the man what he wants is going to cripple this team in salary cap. But yes, if he can keep up this performance, he is looking at a huge payday.
    Depends on what Houston wants. Probably 10 mill. a year at least. But, this is why you don't pass on quality pass-rushers in round 1 -- hence the drafting of Ford.

What appeared to be a doom and gloom season at the start, is instead showing very good progress for this team. And there's a full whack of draft picks in 2015.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-02-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    What appeared to be a doom and gloom season at the start, is instead showing very good progress for this team. And there's a full whack of draft picks in 2015.
    I, for one, had prepared myself for a lot of close losses that would give hope for the future. I still don't know if this year will end in the playoffs or beyond, but I've already gotten more thrill than I had expected.

Thank you gentlemen for letting me share the demolishment of the donks!!!!!

Playoffs.....We are in the hunt in a big way. I'm a little worried that we didn't PLASTER the Jets, but going back to another thread, I KNEW the Jets would play us tough. This was an easy game to lose, but we got an early lead and we held on. I can't complain too much. The road to the playoffs is still tough (thank you fish and splats) but if we can just keep winning the games we should and win half the tough ones then we'll get to the dance. And sure as hell if we get there this time we will break the curse.

Andy Reid and the coaches he brought with him......JFC!!!! AMAZING!!!!! We have discussed his faults and we know he has a pretty good share, but WOW! Just WOW!!!. You would have had to give me 20 to 1 money 3 months ago to get me to bet we'd be 5-3 at this point. And that would have been without knowing about the injuries we have taken this year. Andy Reid is the KING of "Next man up"!!! And those games against the donks and the 9ers were so damned close to making us 7-1......... against some of the best in the NFL. Those two losses hurt like a knife in the guts. Truth????? No reason we shouldn't be 8-0.

I can only blame this success on Reid (and a little bit on Dorsey too)....but if anybody has a better explanation for the turnaround from 2012 to now then just tell me I am FOS. I'll listen. But for right now, the only person I see to blame this amazing turnaround on is Andy Reid.

Super Bowl.....Not this year I don't think. But if we can hold onto Houston I think that with all the compensatory picks we have in the next draft we will be a serious contender for many years to come.

It sure as hell is FUN being a Chiefs fan these days!!!!!!

Heres something else

THE FREAKING O LINE TODAY

The Jets came into today with 24 sacks same as the Chiefs they got 1 on the last pass that Alex threw. Alex said after the game he could have thrown it away but decided that just going down keeping the clock running would be the better choice. So it wasn't he didn't have any time he made that choice. The O line has come a LONG way.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Points allowed... this stat is the best thing going for the chiefs.... second fewest.

this includes playing denver, san diego, new england, and san fran.

only Detroit has allowed fewer points. and they are 6-2.
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

I guess I'm confused what is bothering you guys about the defense???? I may be the only one but I think imperfection is a little nice sometimes. Perfection is too damn boring for me that's why this team is so fun to me. I like the pass happy stuff, using the wrong back fine by me, as long as we get the w I don't care how they win or by how much. I personally think the blow out games are boring as hell and prefer the close last play games to those drab crap games. Believe in Big Red its all good my Chiefs bretherin!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Heres something else

THE FREAKING O LINE TODAY

The Jets came into today with 24 sacks same as the Chiefs they got 1 on the last pass that Alex threw. Alex said after the game he could have thrown it away but decided that just going down keeping the clock running would be the better choice. So it wasn't he didn't have any time he made that choice. The O line has come a LONG way.
    It was much better this week. Not so much last week. Fisher had a bad game last week.

The two negatives I have this week. Chris Johnson had no problems running at us specially before the end of the half.

Is Percy Harvin really that great that he is completely wide open constantly on the field with no one within 10 yards of him. We basically shut down Decker but Harvin just ran all over the place. I couldn't even tell who was supposed to be on him he wa so open. I did see Berry beat really bad once on the play that Vick should have been sacked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast