Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random thoughts about the Jets game....

Default Random thoughts about the Jets game....

In no particular order. I'll keep it short and sweet because I'm going back to the TV to root for Tommy Brady for once:

1- The AFC West just got real interesting. Go Patriots. we paid for several irreversible years of emulating you. You owe us.

2- Speaking of AFC West, how about them Dolphins?! I wish I could see Phyllis rivers' face today.

3- Back to our game, our D really pooped in the second half. we can't do this and get away with it against better teams as our O wasn't really helping the D much. Some, but not as much as we need against a real opponent. Something has to be done about that run defense.

4- How about D'anthony Thomas?! That man is lightning. He should not have brought out that Jets kick off late in the first half, but he did and he put us in the position to score the all important TD. When he took it out my immediate thought ws "Damn!... 90 yard drive attempt in the last two minutes of the half with Andy on the sideline. Scary thought.

5- Speaking of late game management, in the last 2.5 minutes of the game Andy was playing Jamaal to the ground and/or passing!!!! What's up with that. That should have been Knile Davis time to pound the Jets D. Instead, Andy was playing our finesse RB whom the Jets had figured out and exposing him to potential, unnecessary injury. Was Knile injured? Otherwise there's no excuse for this.

6- Two drafts ago, a good 75% of the Chiefs fans were pining for the can't-miss wonder QB Geno Smith. Who was that dude with a sour puss in a cap on the Jets sideline? Hmmm, .... Looks like we got the better Smith.

7- Several years ago the Broncos were picking third in the draft, and the proverbial "NEXT DERRICK THOMAS" fell into their lap. I think we can actually make the case that we might have gotten the better LB in the 3rd ROUND. In the pregames, Bill Cowher mentioned the Justin Houston has had 22 sacks in his last 19 games played. JJ Watts has 14.5 in HIS last 19. Mind boggling. PAY THE MAN!!!!

8- "ALLAHU SACK-BAR!".... That made me almost throw up my pop when my son texted it to me when Abdullah sacked Simms who was actually moving the Jets. I thought it was too hilarious not to pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You do realize we shut out the Jets in the 2nd half, right? All 10 of their points came in the first half. This reminds me of all the Broncos fans that look at Denver having the number 1 Power Ranking and saying they should be ranked higher!

The Chiefs run defense dosn't really concern me because they haven't given up a single rushing TD this season. The 3rd down conversion rate against the Chiefs is 33%, 3rd best in the NFL. If their run defense is so bad, why don't teams just run the ball on 3rd and short? They'd get a first down almost every time. I'll discuss this further in a seperate thread with some facts that may surprise some of you.
    Id love to discuss this more. I feel like our run D is weak, especially in the nickel. Our base defense is good against the run, hence why no rushing TDs, which typically occur on the goalline, when we are in base d or goalline D. I'm not sure why more teams aren't trying to run more against us, especially one 3rd and medium. I'm worried that our defense cannot sustain this success without being stronger against the run. I think part of it is that we have never really given up a significant lead to allow the other team to switch into clock eating mode.

I believe the jets game was a let down. everything was in place for the CHIEFS to lay a big time beating on them. It is always that type of scenario that plays out in reverse. I am thrilled that we won the game. harvin had a big day, vick looked really good. this week should tell us a lot more about this team.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

... and yet, the Chiefs still won by 2 TDs. When that's a bad game, you know you have something special!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    I believe the jets game was a let down. everything was in place for the CHIEFS to lay a big time beating on them. It is always that type of scenario that plays out in reverse. I am thrilled that we won the game. harvin had a big day, vick looked really good. this week should tell us a lot more about this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    ... and yet, the Chiefs still won by 2 TDs. When that's a bad game, you know you have something special!
    Y'know I really understand what you both are saying. I was able to watch the game thanks to Topeka's IGT links to streams of the game and at the end of the game I felt strangely let down. I was glad we won but I didn't feel we had won like we should have. It really speaks volumes about this team that we as Chiefs fans are not only getting to the point where we EXPECT to win but also when it comes to weak teams like the Jets we EXPECT to win big. Reid, Dorsey, the rest of the coaching staff and this team have substantially raised the bar of fan expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    You mean the same Jets that spanked mighty Rapistberger and his hot team today?

Suddenly the importance of our win against them is put in the right perspective, isn't it?

It seems like every team we play picks it up after we beat them. NE, Miami, Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    You mean the same Jets that spanked mighty Rapistberger and his hot team today?

Suddenly the importance of our win against them is put in the right perspective, isn't it?
    You got that right!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123