Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about the Bills game.

Default Worried about the Bills game.

My head says we win this game. My heart is worried.

No doubt in my mind we are a better team than the Bills, but we're not as much better as we were than the Jets and if it wasn't for a couple of breaks the game against the Jets could have turned out very differently. We started the Jets game with a 14 point lead, but we really didn't put it away until late.

One good thing is that Orton is a pocket passer and our pass rush should be able to make his life miserable. Another is that Orton tends to be weak inside the red zone and our D has been pretty good at holding team to FGs.

On the other hand, as FrankenChief (I think it was) mentioned in another thread, the Bills have a habit of turning into supermen against the Chiefs and of course, we are playing in Buffalo.

IMO this is a game we SHOULD win but I see it as an easy game to lose.

If any of you fellas that know more about football than I do can explain to me why this one is already in the bag then I would surely love to hear it.

Three words: Any Given Sunday.

'nough said.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The bottom line here is there is NO taking ANY team lightly from this point on & we all should have learned that from the season opener versus the Titans.
    Quoted for truth. The game that has me nervous is the Faders, especially if they're still winless when we play them. I hate playing winless teams because they're absolutely desperate for a win and have absolutely nothing, at this point, to loose.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I worry about every game for the most part. Over the past few seasons and all the games lost I now just expect or look for why they will lose before the game starts. I'm always hopeful for a win of course but now I worry about every game every week very rarely I get a good feeling about a game but this one is not one of them Hopefully they are still able to pull it out. This like has been said is a team the Chiefs are a bit better then. But the Bills are not a horrible team and they are going to have to earn it for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    The bottom line here is there is NO taking ANY team lightly from this point on & we all should have learned that from the season opener versus the Titans.
    There it is. We can make the playoffs this year and damned well finally break the curse. But we have to get into the dance first. And the margin of error for that is slim VERY SLIM.

Look at our schedule.....We COULD win out. We could equally lose 5 or 6 of our remaining games. This weekend we have to go out and KICK SOME BEEFALLO BUTT! We can't afford to lose this one if we want to get to the dance.

Andy Reid has to have our Chiefs prepared as if this game was the Superbowl.

We REALLY need to win this one so that when we get to the very toughest remainder of the season (Raiders X 2, Dolts, Hawks and Donks--5 games) of the season we can afford to lose 1 or 2 games. Can't afford to lose any "easy games" or "should win" games.

We can afford to lose 2 of the remaining 8 games. That would get us to the dance. Might, maybe make the dance if we lose 3 of the remaining 8. But that is it. Lose 4 of the next 8 and we're done for the year.

The Bills are not an "easy game" but the "maybe" games are games we MUST WIN from here on out. Gotta beat these buffs.

I'm fairly sure we will beat the Bills, although they are a good team and there is no sure thing any week in the NFL.

The Bills are 5-3, the same as the Chiefs but it's a different 5-3. They have actually played 4 of the same teams we have this season and split 2-2 while we swept 4-0. They beat The Dolphins and the Jets, but who hasn't beaten the Jets? (That question was rhetorical, but the answer would be: only the Raiders!)

They lost to both the Chargers and the Pats. We beat both teams. Their only other loss was at Houston (4-5) who I don't think is that good. They also won at Chicago (3-5) in overtime and beat the Vikes (4-5) at home by one point. Neither of those teams is very good.

Their 5th win was against the Lions (6-2) who I think are highly overrated. Detroit's only win over a team with a winning record was at home against the Packers who are 5-3, but only 2-3 on the road.

So while they have the same record as the Chiefs, I would say their only "quality" win was against Miami. They won by 19 pts (29-10), the same as the Chiefs did (34-15). The Chiefs have played a much tougher schedule and beaten teams that the Bills couldn't.

Statistically, against a much weaker schedule, they average fewer points than the Chiefs and give up more.

Bills 22.3 PPG 20.6 PAPG
    Chiefs 25.0 PPG 17.3 PAPG

So the Chiefs have outscored their opponents by an average of 6.0 PPG more than the Bills have.

Don't get me wrong. I do think the Bills are a pretty good team. I just think the Chiefs are better. The good news is that the Bills are only 2-2 at home so they really don't have a major home field advantage.

One concern is that the Bills have generated 18 turnovers, the 2nd most in the NFL, but the Chiefs have been very good at protecting the ball and are tied for 5th best with only 7 turnovers. 3 of those where against Tennessee, so the Chiefs have only caughed up the ball 4 times in the last 7 games. I think turnovers will be a huge factor in determining who wins this game.

It won't be easy, but if the Chiefs play like they have been playing, protect the football and give Jamaal about 23 touches or so (rushing and receiveing) they should win the game.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Thanks for that Topeka!!! Reading this made me a bit less worried about this game.

I am purposely NOT going to this game, cause it seems every time I go there we lose, so I am making a sacrifice, I do like taking the wife to niagra falls, but the CHIEFS come first
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Hope your sacrifice pays off for all of us.

We will beat the Bills tomorrow. We will beat the Donks in KC. We will win the division. We will win a playoff game. The Chiefs are a better team than last year. I truly believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    We will beat the Bills tomorrow.
    You SHOULD be right. But I'm still kinda worried about this game. Damned Bills always give us a hard time.

We will beat the Donks in KC.
    We should and I won't be worried about that one. I tend to only worry about the games that I feel should be sure wins. Those are the games that tend to bite you in the ash.

We will win the division.
    Jersey.....If we do, then you and I plus that Massachusetts Chiefs fan need to get together for the first playoff game (since I am convinced that if we make it we will win it.) The food and bar tab will be on me!!!!

We will win a playoff game.
    That's why you, I and the Massachusetts Chiefs fan need to get together for our first playoff game this year! If we get to the playoffs we will break the 20 year curse and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY would like to be with some other Chiefs fans when that happens.

The Chiefs are a better team than last year. I truly believe this.
    That is an ABSOLUTE FACT!!!!! This is a much better Chiefs team than we had last year. Reid and Dorsey have worked ABSOLUTE WONDERS and it ain't all about that #1 pick we got in the 2013 draft. Our turnaround is all about THE TEAM and not any 1 or 2 players. And that is a long term recipe for success!!!!!

I'm in Las Vegas right now and the point spread only has the chiefs +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast