Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Branden Albert may be out for season

Default Branden Albert may be out for season

You can read about Branden Albert and his possible season-ending injury HERE.

Now nobody really wanted this to happen to him. I'll admit that he wasn't one of my favorite players & that was because too many were using him as a crutch to not go O-Line at the top of the draft and add to that, he wouldn't make a position switch to position he played in high school and college and could have been All-Pro Guard in the NFL. But, the powers that be at the time were too stupid to allow it.

Maybe he'll get healthy and come back and play a full season next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Think ctc hit the nail on the head with the right question.

I hope the guy recovers soon. Miami was competeting very hard to improve itself, and to have something like this happen to a free agent they've sought after for some time sucks. While I'm no Branden Albert fan, wouldn't wish a torn ACL on anybody.
    Thank you Eydugstr.....Branden Albert did a great job for our Chiefs for quite a while so even though he works for those damned fish (who I really, REALLY HATE) I can't bear him any ill will. He didn't leave being an ash-hat. He left because the fish were willing to pay him WAY more cash than we were willing to pay him given that we needed to make things right with JC and Alex. Taking care of JC and Alex was simply a higher priority than keeping Albert, and Dorsey made the right choice. The salary cap FORCES tough choices. Albert and the other free agents we lost were all good Chiefs. I have nothing against any of them for looking for a pay day. And I can't blame any of them for cashing that big check. But as little as I know about football, I do know enough to know that I want us to MAXIMIZE the compensation we get for losing these players in free agency. I HATE seeing Albert hurt but mostly because I have a feeling that his injury may devalue our compensation for free agent losses. So I guess you could say that I am worried that Albert getting hurt did damage not just to those damned fish but also to our Chiefs and that chaps my ash.

I don't follow college ball so I don't know a lot about the draft but I know we are going to be "draft pick rich" in the spring this year and I want every damned team in the NFL to be burning up Dorsey's phone line looking to make a deal. I know the compensatory picks can't be traded, but every compensatory pick we have frees up one of our regular picks as trade bait.

If Dorsey is half as good a talent scout as we've been told he is then after this next draft our Chiefs should DOMINATE the AFC from 2015 to at least 2020.

And I gotta tell you....the Chiefs DESERVE it and sure as hell we fans do too!!!

But as I said he was a starter and played probably almost every snap until he got hurt and they should not hold injury against us, he probably played 99% of offensive snaps and did not lose his spot because of play so he is a good player, but who knows it may or may not hurt us in comp picks seeing how the picks are all mirrors and mystery it depends who is on the deciders because everyone knows is was a first line free agent and got paid as such. We all need to go and vote him in to the pro bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Good point, ctchiefsfan. Albert's injury may very well have an effect on the compensatory pick they get for him. And none of the others who left via FA like Tyson Jackson or Asamoah are having any impact in their new surroundings. Still the Chiefs will have all 7 of their picks and I believe they got an extra one for the trade of G Rishaw Johnson to TB and they should get at least 2 compensatory picks for all the players they did lose like McCluster, Demps, Schwartz, etc. People were up in arms about that in the off-season, but the Chiefs have fought through it and those losses have not come back to bite them at all.

Yep people were outraged all offseason. Some were already calling for Dorsey's head.

I was the guy on here asking just what did we lose that was so freaking good. Albert was the best player that we lost.(until Flowers) But he was nothing that was not replaceable. And most years he hasn't been able to play a full season. He has missed games. The same with Flowers. The offseason was not the horrific offseason that many thought it to be. I am even impressed by how little we have let off
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Yep people were outraged all offseason. Some were already calling for Dorsey's head.

I was the guy on here asking just what did we lose that was so freaking good. Albert was the best player that we lost.(until Flowers) But he was nothing that was not replaceable. And most years he hasn't been able to play a full season. He has missed games. The same with Flowers. The offseason was not the horrific offseason that many thought it to be. I am even impressed by how little we have let off
    Isn't that what's really amazing about this team this year? The free agency losses and the injuries we've taken would have absolutely crippled many teams yet time after time Reid just says "Next man up" and that player turns out to be pretty darned good. We seem to have a lot more depth than I thought we did.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

It was a good question then and a better question now, m/c. I'm convinced that Reid and Dorsey are getting their ducks in a row, roster-wise, and because of the hand they were dealt, decided it was better to start going improving the depth chart instead of banking on finding the next first string superstar.

ctc - Actually Albert was being an Ash's hat, especially during his last few years here. It's why I'm not a BA fan. After it was all said and done he went to the team that needed him the most, the Phins, especially after all that crud between Incognito and Martin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12