Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the win in Buffalo really says about this team....

Default What the win in Buffalo really says about this team....

MAN!!! I was all kinds of excitipated about the Buffalo win!!!!! But I got to thinking about it and started to wonder why I was feeling like this was our best win of the season. I mean...REALLY? It was an exciting game in the 4th quarter and of course any 4th quarter comeback is a great win....but why was I so damned excited about beating the Bills and only doing it by 4 points????? I mean...it's not like the buffs are a Super Bowl team....RIGHT?

And the answer I came up with is this.....

This win showed us something we haven't seen in our Chiefs in a long time. Since most everybody here has been a Chiefs fan for a good long while, ask yourself how long it's been since our Chiefs won this kind of a game.....

Buffalo's defense UTTERLY DOMINATED for just about 50 minutes--nearly 3 1/2 quarters. In that period we scored a total of three points and our offense couldn't do a damned thing.

And Buffalo's offense was doing a pretty decent job of moving the ball.

Our defense was playing STOUT once Buffalo would get in scoring range (especially in the red zone) but we sure weren't shutting them down and forcing 3-and-outs. In truth, Buffalo was dominating both sides of the ball for almost the whole game.

So think back over the years.....how often have we had a Chiefs team that would have won this game? Maybe I am being unfair, but it seems to me that looking back over the years we'd have lost this game 29 times out of 30. Mostly because we'd have given up by the end of the third quarter. Or anyway that's what my memory tells me.

But this team just doesn't know the meaning if the word quit.

And any team that is better than average and doesn't know the meaning of the word quit is a team that can win ANY GAME, ANYWHERE, ANY TIME.

Football is a TEAM SPORT. Sure....teams with one or two superstars can do very well. But the teams that do the BEST are teams where every single man on the roster is giving it his absolute best and then a little more. Those are the teams that win Championships and it surely seems to me that that is what we have in our Chiefs these days.

Take a look at Ron Parker....IIRC he's another guy we picked up off the scrap heap. But look at what he did yesterday. He forced a fumble that saved a touchdown and probably the game. Then when the buffs were in the red zone with first and goal, who did they try to victimize? Ron Parker. They figured that if there was a weak link, Parker was it. The buffs went for it 4 times....and 3 of those attempts they threw to the man Parker was covering. End results? CHIEFS HOLD and win the game.

This tells me that the buffs figured Parker was the man they could burn. Three times the buffs threw the ball at Parker. Three times they got nothing. WITH THE GAME (and maybe a playoff spot) ON THE LINE the damned buffs couldn't get it done against a guy we picked up off the scrap heap.

This says a lot about the TEAM and a lot about the guy that coaches the team.

Reid and his entire coaching staff have totally changed the mentality of our Chiefs. They are a TEAM that just doesn't know the meaning of the word "Quit". And that is going to get us some playoff wins over the years and maybe....just maybe...a Super Bowl win.

You got that right on. I know we will not win out but I feel we can make the playoffs and in the near future win the big one with a few hits in the draft. We now have a team instead of 53 guys that want to play and not just collecting a paycheck.

That was a great win for the Chiefs. I never doubted they would come back. Jamaal is a beast in the 4th qtr and our defense just gets better as the game goes on. As soon as Alex scored that TD to cut the lead to 13-10, I KNEW we were going to win that game!

... And we did!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That was a great win for the Chiefs. I never doubted they would come back. Jamaal is a beast in the 4th qtr and our defense just gets better as the game goes on. As soon as Alex scored that TD to cut the lead to 13-10, I KNEW we were going to win that game!

... And we did!

I don't know what game you were watching Alex didn't score the Td that cut the lead he scored the one that gave us the lead.

Maybe your still wiping the tears from the bears loss :)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I was more exited about this win than the Monday nite win over the pats. THIS win will slingshot this team all the way to the playoffs - IMHO!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't know what game you were watching Alex didn't score the Td that cut the lead he scored the one that gave us the lead.

Maybe your still wiping the tears from the bears loss :)
    Nah, I was just drinkin'! I got his and Jamaal's TDs reversed in my head.

And I didn't shed any tears over the Bears loss. I was numb half way through the first quarter!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    You got that right on. I know we will not win out but I feel we can make the playoffs and in the near future win the big one with a few hits in the draft. We now have a team instead of 53 guys that want to play and not just collecting a paycheck.
    DEAD ON N TX Dave!!!! We have Chiefs TEAM!!!!! I think we have a good chance of making the playoffs this year and to be honest I didn't expect that. I figured this was a rebuild year after all the free agency losses. But here we are.....We're still in the dision hunt and VERY MUCH in the wildcard hunt and sitting on a FAT draft next year. Us old time Chiefs fans are going to get WELL compensated for all the pain we have suffered over the last 20 years.

And I will go on record....IF we make the playoffs this year we WILL break the curse.

This last 18 months is the most fun I've had since the DV years.

It's GOOD to be a Chiefs fan again!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

... And we did!
    Then you SIR are a better man than I!!!!!! I was sweating bullets until the game was actually over. But it sure as hell was FUN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I was more exited about this win than the Monday nite win over the pats.
    Me too!!!! IMO this was a MUCH BIGGER win than the splats game. It said more about our Chiefs than the splats game. The splats game was an "any given Sunday" game. This win was a STATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    THIS win will slingshot this team all the way to the playoffs - IMHO!
    I think you are exactly right. This was our biggest win of the season and it is going to give our Chiefs the confidence that will propel them to the playoffs!!! And once we make the playoffs this year the curse is gone, done, fried, history!!!!

I am much more excited by what this team is doing now than I was by last year's 9-0 start.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-10-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I am much more excited by what this team is doing now than I was by last year's 9-0 start.
    Last year was kind of a Cinderella type of scenario -- almost. This year was about facing reality of a tough schedule and they've met the challenge very well. I'd have to say as well that this years 6-3 start is more satisfying than the 9-0 start last year. They've met a much stiffer challenge in the first 9 games this year than last year by far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast