Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seachickens coming......and the weeks after that.......

Default Seachickens coming......and the weeks after that.......

The next 3 weeks our schedule gets tough again. seachickens, oakland, donkeys. And I expect these to all be tough games.

The seachickens are 6-3, just like us. And they have been up and down this year as many Super Bowl winners often are the year after they win. They've beaten the Packers, donkeys, scumskins, panthers, oakland and giants. Some comparatively easy games there, but the packers and donkeys aren't pushovers. The seachickens have lost to the chargers, cowgirls and rams. We've already beaten 2 of those 3 teams. The game is at Arrowhead. We SHOULD win this one. But after that tough road win against the buffs we risk a letdown. That happens a lot after a really hard-fought win. And we REALLY need to win this game. We've got 7 games left in the season and to be SURE of a playoff spot, we need to win 5 of those 7 games. 4 might do it, but it will take 5 more wins for the playoffs to be a sure thing. So we REALLY need to win this one.

Oakland.....the team I HATE more than any other. This game has TRAP written all over it!!! Especially if they lose to the chargers this week. Let's face it. Oakland will NOT go 0-16. And look at what the hapless jets just did to Pittsburgh. We have to be SUPER-READY for this one because oakland will be desperate by this point and there are few things more dangerous than a cornered rat. This game is in Oakland and they always play us tough--especially in oakland. And lets face it....a lot of fans and players will already be looking forward a week to the donkeys game in KC. IMO this is the most dangerous game in our next 7. If we are going to make the playoffs, beating oakland twice is CRUCIAL.

donkeys....I have over 40 years of being a Chiefs fan and I've never been a big donkey-hater. Dunno why. I guess there were just other teams I hated more. But I'm starting to get a serious case of the ash for these damned donkeys. This is another game WE REALLY NEED TO WIN! We still have 3, maybe 4 pretty tough games after this one so we really need to come out of this 3 game stretch at 9-3. 'Cause I figure we'll be doing well to win 2 of our last 4. And just because....lemme make myself clear....winning this game is not enough. We need to completely DISMANTLE the donkeys. We need to win by 24+ points and knock that stupid forehead out of the game and into next week.

This upcoming 3 game stretch is "gut-check time" for our Chiefs. If we win all 3 then we are most likely on our way to the playoffs. If we don't then on week 17 we will be lucky if we are praying for other team to lose. We have won 4 in a row now. If we can make it 7 in a row then we are on our way to the playoffs and probably our first playoff win since forever.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-11-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Oakland knows how to defend?
    They know how to defend their QB, one of the lowest sacked QBs in the league

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I wonder if Oakland learned how to defend a screen pass yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Oakland knows how to defend?
    Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    The worry about oakland is not so much that they do anything particularly well--they don't. In fact they are the poster child for a team in disarray. But they are going to win a game or 2 or 3 this year and they almost always play us very tough...especially in oakland. It's a pretty safe bet that they will play one of their best games of the year against us on November 23. So this is NOT a game to be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    The worry about oakland is not so much that they do anything particularly well--they don't. In fact they are the poster child for a team in disarray. But they are going to win a game or 2 or 3 this year and they almost always play us very tough...especially in oakland. It's a pretty safe bet that they will play one of their best games of the year against us on November 23. So this is NOT a game to be taken lightly.
    Oakland is not playing like a 0-8 or 0-9 team (imo)

EXACTLY!!!! They are nowhere near as bad as their record. And that makes the oakland game the weekend after the Seachickens game a HUGE TRAP....especially when you take into account that we'll be facing the donkeys the week after. I have a very strong feeling that the next 3 games are the absolute toughest stretch of our season.

If we can go 3-0 the next 3 weeks then we are going to make the playoffs and will be a serious contender for the AFC West Championship. 2-1 would pretty much mean our best hope was a wildcard. 1-2 would put us in a DEEP HOLE. Not out of the race, but in deep trouble. But if we can go 3-0 the next 3 weeks then we will make the playoffs and win a playoff game.

This 3 week stretch of Seachickens (home)-oakland(away)-donkeys(home) is where the rubber meets the road this year. This is a good Chiefs Team. The next 3 weeks will tell us a LOT about just how good we are.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-12-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Yes and no

They are 0-8 but they are NO pushovers. They have fight in them and if you go in and expect for them to just be push overs you're going to get beat

That being said they do make the mistakes that get them beat that you would expect an 0-8 team to make.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The way to beat the seachickens is through CB shermon. He a ball hog. Run several plays by him. He won't know watch one to go to. He thinks he is the best player on the team, so he goes for the ball all the time. He won't know which way to go. He is there worst enemy. If we can keep him guessing, He'll be all over the place. Just make sure you don't pop the ball up in the air. Catch first, then run. I think that is are biggest problem. Just a thought.

They are 2nd to the Broncos in fewest sacks allowed, but somehow manage to be 24th in passing and 32nd in rushing...

More concerned with the Seahawks & Broncos than Oakland.

still we're expected to beat any 0-8 team. and we're favs vs chicken hawks. weather 27 and snow sun
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12