Thread: Kelce article on nfl.com

No doubt he has emerged, just like we said he had the potential to do when they drafted him at the top of round 3 in 2013. People didn't like it at first, but I remember telling people "go watch the footage of Kelce".

Was really skeptical, mainly because of the injury that kept him off the field in the first year. Since then he's turned into a very consistent threat that needs to get used more often.

Great link Eydugster....Kelce is as versatile as all get out and IMO is only scratching the surface of what he can do in the NFL.

Here's a crazy thought....Given that in High School and his early college career he was a Quarterback (I didn't know that) I have to wonder if burried in Reid's playbook there isn't a trick play that has Kelce throwing a pass. Wouldn't it be a HOOT if our first TD pass to a WR this year was thrown by a tight end???? Especially if maybe it came against the donkeys.

Not sure if you guys ever watched his college tape, but if not I would encourage it. I've been excited about his potential for awhile. BTW, brdempsey, nice call in this post.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php/22928-Webnews-Travis-Kelce-Highlights-Unseen-Footage-%E2%80%93-YouTube?highlight=kelce

Last edited by Coach; 11-13-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Not sure if you guys ever watched his college tape, but if not I would encourage it. I've been excited about his potential for awhile. BTW, brdempsey, nice call in this post.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php/22928-Webnews-Travis-Kelce-Highlights-Unseen-Footage-%E2%80%93-YouTube?highlight=kelce

Thank you. I had seen Kelce's "First Draft" video prior to the 2013 draft and thought he would be a good pick for the Chiefs at the top of Round 3 if still available. It's a shame he had to sit out for the 2013 season, but it was the right thing to do to let him mend and it's paying dividends this year.

Anybody remember Brad Cottam in 2009 who was starting to emerge before he got maimed in that Cleveland game. He had caught something like 5 passes in that game, before the poor guy (Cottam) got incapacitated permanently.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-13-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Thank you. I had seen Kelce's "First Draft" video prior to the 2013 draft and thought he would be a good pick for the Chiefs at the top of Round 3 if still available. It's a shame he had to sit out for the 2013 season, but it was the right thing to do to let him mend and it's paying dividends this year.

Anybody remember Brad Cottam in 2009 who was starting to emerge before he got maimed in that Cleveland game. He had caught something like 5 passes in that game, before the poor guy (Cottam) got incapacitated permanently.
    I remember Cottam was supposed to be the heir to TG, but just couldnt stay on the field. He seemed to be really talented.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Yes, remember Cottam. He was really good, shame he got injured. But he's one of those guys that got a really good business career on track after being in the NFL - Last I'd seen of him he was on the local news for being involved with a charity (think it was helping the homeless) I couldn't find a link to an article relating to that, but did find this...https://www.nflplayerengagement.com/...otball-career/