Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahhhh.....Something special going on here....

Default Ahhhh.....Something special going on here....

We just beat the Superbowl champs. Dorsey and Reid have melded together a TEAM that has won 7 of their last 8 games - and 5 straight - with a makeshift OL and secondary against a brutal schedule. This is a Superbowl caliber team right now. Season-ending injuries to DJ and DeVito - no biggie - The Chiefs just keep winning. Congratulations to The CHIEFS!!!!
    SHUT IT

And it's not because of a weak schedule either. THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Congrats Chiefs on winning against Seattle!
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And it's not because of a weak schedule either. THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL
    Absolutely. I would never have guessed this kind of progress until at least next year. Dorsey may have made a couple mistakes (Vance Walker 13 mil comes to mind), but we are winning games with "scrap heap" players. That tells me this is a TEAM that loves playing for their coach. Great job Andy Reid!
    SHUT IT

Everybody has said it better than I can. I think just about everybody here figured this was a "rebuild year" before the season started. Especially with the free agent losses and tough schedule. And more so after the season opener. EVEN MORE SO with all the injuries. But here we are, tied for 1st place with the damned donks. I'm just in AWE of the way that our "depth guys" are stepping up and getting the job done!!! Andy Reid and the assistant coaches he brought in are ALL F'ing geniouses!!!!!

THE CURSE ENDS THIS YEAR!!!!

If we win the remaining AFC West games, there's no reason to think that we couldn't win a playoff game.

Agree with all of the above. But since I know it will become the buzz word of the week, I'll blurt it out first ... trap game. It's nice to be in a position to even be able to mention a trap game, but the Faders will never be a gimme game. I vividly remember the bench clearing brawls of the 70s and that ghostly stench still soaks this rivalry. Their season is officially over, but they would love more than to take us down. And they've played some good teams close.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    If we win the remaining AFC West games, there's no reason to think that we couldn't win a playoff game.
    I don't think there is a team in football that we can't beat. Though it might take a little luck to beat some of them. Especially if we are playing on the road. But at this point I feel pretty confident we will make the playoffs and in fact win at least one playoff game. But if we are going to have a chance of getting to the AFC Championship I think we must win our division and get ourselves some playoff games at Arrowhead. I just don't know if we are good enough to make it to the AFC Championship with every playoff game being on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    Agree with all of the above. But since I know it will become the buzz word of the week, I'll blurt it out first ... trap game. It's nice to be in a position to even be able to mention a trap game, but the Faders will never be a gimme game. I vividly remember the bench clearing brawls of the 70s and that ghostly stench still soaks this rivalry. Their season is officially over, but they would love more than to take us down. And they've played some good teams close.
    You are SO RIGHT Jersey!!!! I've been worrying about this oakland game since the win against the buffs. The raiders are DONE. Their goose is cooked. But they are NOT going to go 0-16. So all they have left is to try to rescue some shred of their pride. And knocking off our Chiefs would go a long way towards restoring a little bit of pride. Throw in the fact that we are playing on a short week, in THEIR HOUSE and are sure to already be thinking about the donkeys and you have all the ingredients of a CLASSIC TRAP GAME. I expect oakland will play us VERY TOUGH Thursday. VERY VERY TOUGH.

This is also a MUST WIN for the Chiefs if we want to stay in the hunt to win the division.
    The donks have an easier schedule for these next 6 games than we do and of course we still have a game against the Cardinals in their house.

Thursday night is going to be VERY TOUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    ... I'll blurt it out first ... trap game. ...
    I don't think there can be any such thing as a trap game with this team. The Chiefs believe in themselves, but I don't think that they think they are good enough to look ahead or take ANY team lightly. I believe they really learned their lesson with the Titans game. They know the Raiders always play them tough especially in Oakland. Andy will have this team prepared and in the right mind set to play. The Raiders aren't good enough to beat the Chiefs if the Chiefs are on their game, and with Ried coaching them you know they will be.

The Chiefs are playing with "chips on their shoulders" because they still don't believe the national media are giving them the respect they deserve.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast