Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm nervous about the Raiders game and here's why:

Default I'm nervous about the Raiders game and here's why:

1- This has all the hallmarks of the quintessential TRAP GAME. A big win over the Super Bowl Champ, and looking at the Donks after raiders. Very easy to overlook the raiders.

2- Very short week and the Chiefs are the traveling team.

3- Raiders are about due for one. They just completed a full 16 regular season game stretch of losses. That's the equivalent of a whole season, and they have nothing to lose.

4- It is an inter-divisional rivalry. Always unpredictable.

5- We seem to lay an egg at least once every season against a team we should not lose to. We of course did that the first week. Hopefully that was our quota for the year.

So say something to calm my nerves.

I dont think its a trap game due to the short week. The short week wont give them time to think about anything else.

On the bright side, if we win we have 10 days to prepare for the Donks.

While I don't think we'll lose to the Raiders (this team seems to fight better knowing we've got something on the line, in this case a playoff game down the road) what does concern me with a team like the Raiders, is injuries. While they are not necessary a dirty blocking team like Denver is, they're down and looking to stir stuff up.

If we start rolling up a score on Oakland I hope they yank the starters and give the backups the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    1- This has all the hallmarks of the quintessential TRAP GAME. A big win over the Super Bowl Champ, and looking at the Donks after raiders. Very easy to overlook the raiders.

2- Very short week and the Chiefs are the traveling team.

3- Raiders are about due for one. They just completed a full 16 regular season game stretch of losses. That's the equivalent of a whole season, and they have nothing to lose.

4- It is an inter-divisional rivalry. Always unpredictable.

5- We seem to lay an egg at least once every season against a team we should not lose to. We of course did that the first week. Hopefully that was our quota for the year.

So say something to calm my nerves.
    I'm as nervous about this one as you are! The good thing is that we are a VASTLY SUPERIOR team. We can spot them a 10 or 14 point lead and still come back. I'm not as nervous about this game as I was a few days ago (thanks Topeka for that post in another thread) but I still expect this one to be another heart attack game but I think we'll pull it out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    If we start rolling up a score on Oakland I hope they yank the starters and give the backups the rest of the game.
    Couldn't agree more!!!! The rest of our season is really looking like a battle for the AFC West but we MUST win this game and do it without taking a bunch of injuries.....'Cause the following week we MUST beat the donks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    we haven't 'rolled up the score' on anybody since,...oh, yeah,... NEW ENGLAND. :)

This isn't going to make you feel any better, but JC has a history of laying an egg against Oakland. Last year was one of the only times he has done well (but he still only had like 20 yards rushing). Hopefully he broke the curse last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    This isn't going to make you feel any better, but JC has a history of laying an egg against Oakland. Last year was one of the only times he has done well (but he still only had like 20 yards rushing). Hopefully he broke the curse last year.
    True. But I think Reid does a MUCH BETTER job of utilizing JC's skills than any previous coach. I fully expect oakland will give us ONE HELL OF A BATTLE but I also expect we will pull this game out in the end. I don't think it will be pretty--ugly will probably be a better description--but I expect we'll put this one in the W column.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    we haven't 'rolled up the score' on anybody since,...oh, yeah,... NEW ENGLAND. :)
    And we need to do the SAME to the donks next week after we win this Thursday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast