Television coverage:
    NFL Network

Watch online:

WiZiWiG.tv

VIPBox.eu

BossCast.net
    Feed2All.eu
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Everyone defending the garbage calls that cost us last night only want to talk about the 1st half.

YES WE STUNK UP THE JOINT IN THE 1ST to say otherwise would just be lieing.

But WE CAME BACK IN THE 2ND TO TAKE THE LEAD. They had a bad half to.

The difference is we didn't get the aid of the garbage calls. THEY DID GREATLY without it the best case for them is a 46 yard field goal attempt to TIE the game. THEY SHOULD NEVER HAD BEEN ABLE TO TAKE THE LEAD.

Yes bad calls happen and I'm not usually one to go one about it but some of those calls are GAME CHANGING. This was one of them IMO. It DID have a direct effect on the outcome of the game. End of story.
    I wasn't really disagreeing with you, FYI. I agree the refs gave them the game with that call which not only shouldn't have been a PI on us, but should have been a call on THEM.

However, we should have never allowed them to be in that position. And even after that play, we should have stopped them multiple times.

You can be upset about both, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Did the Chiefs make mistakes YES HELL YES

But here's the thing and why I will never believe in this mindset myself OAKLAND DID TO. The difference is they greatly benefited from that BS call. THE CHIEFS DID THERE FREAKING JOB. They DID stop that drive. It would have been a long field goal try and if called properly that was offensive PI and that would have made it even worse for Oakland. They would have had 3rd and a long way and just needed to scramble to get back in field goal rang. Oakland benefited from there mistake due to the BS call. The Chiefs didn't get that.

You can say the Chiefs did not show up but they overcame that and took the lead. Oakland made a big mistake and was given a free 1st down and allowed a drive that was stopped to go on. See the difference
    Y'know....both you and doobs are right. We are a good enough team that oakland shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. But as you say, we did just enough to overcome our mistakes and then the stupid zebras made a TERRIBLE CALL that screwed us. It was "The Perfect Storm". The raiders wanted it more than we did. Our offense was moribund the first half. And then the zebras laid an egg with that call against Parker. As I have said, we cornered a rat and Thursday night the rat wanted to live more than we wanted to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I dont think Alex's back was turned, BUT from the replay it looks like he was looking at the middle of the field, NOT the side where Bowe was. So he was looking for someone else. By the time he looked in Bowe's direction he was trying to throw it away. I wish he would have tried to throw it to Bowe. I wish he would have thrown it short and/or just past the pylon where the CB couldnt get it but Bowe would have had a chance. A chance is better than nothing. Not sure if Bowe would have been able to make the acrobatic catch that would have been necessary, though.
    If you have watched I replay then I take your word for it. As for at least giving Bowe a chance to make an acrobatic chance....Yup....Smith should have. Acrobatic catches are the only catches Bowe seems to make with any regularity. I'll tell you true though....I don't think that either Smith or Reid has a very high confidence level in Bowe. And I'll tell you.....neither do I.

Quote Originally Posted by otf View Post
    First let me say I was surprised the Raiders won.

Second if you are going to point out blatant penalties overlooked by refs that affected the outcome of the game you can't ignore the holding that Fisher got away with all night a good example is on the Charles TD. Mack was tackled by Fisher and what ended up as a TD should have been 2nd and 26...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201411...653&tab=videos
    I didn't point it out. I just said how amazed I was at what a lousy call that was. Missed calls (like the example you gave) happen all the time. Anyone that has watched football for any length of time knows that. And we have to accept that. But it does chap my ash when a lousy call is the deciding factor in the outcome of a game. And make no mistake. Had that lousy call not been made, the Chiefs would have won the game. You know it and I know it.

But the game is in the books and the raiders won. The Chiefs are a better team than the raiders this year and in the end, we didn't play a good game and your raiders did. Your team WANTED to win more than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I wasn't really disagreeing with you, FYI. I agree the refs gave them the game with that call which not only shouldn't have been a PI on us, but should have been a call on THEM.

However, we should have never allowed them to be in that position. And even after that play, we should have stopped them multiple times.

You can be upset about both, they aren't mutually exclusive.
    Oh the post wasn't directed at you or any other one person just in genral

This one stuck with me more then most. Like I said I think most know I'm not one to go on and on about a bs call. But to me it was a major reason why the outcome was what it was. Without it the Chiefs would not only not have been trailing but would have gotten the ball with a chance to win with time outs and more time on the clock. It was a major impact in the game. And while I will agree the Chiefs had a horrible first half and made a lot of mistakes on there own they were able to overcome those mistakes and get the lead.
    As to the point about stopping them after again true. But it's also true they did their job and never should have been in that spot to begin with. It was just a game changing call IMO. I'll get over it but IMO the Chiefs didn't have a fair shake at the end and Oakland greatly got the better end of things. But on to the next one
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    If KC came in and played a complete game, that play probably never happens because KC is up by a bigger margin. You can blame the refs on the outcome all you want, but KC did not show up for a full half. 2 for 10 or something on third down, the weakest running offense just ran all over KC, the pass rush has gone away ....again for a 2nd straight year. Just like in MMA (don't let it go to the judges) don't make a game close where a call can change the outcome. No reason KC should be in that situation. score off the muffed punt, end that drive before Oakland's final drive with a TD and the game is over.
    Sure.... If the team played well enough to win.... twice.... then they would have won.

A. I didn't say anything about this play affecting the outcome.

This "If you do more than enough, then it will result in enough" concept is just an outright pointless thing to say.

It was mistake by the refs. I couldn't care less that we "could have won anyway". That mistake created an added disadvantage, that is NOT a part of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm not arguing as I haven't studied replays of that play, but I recall that shortly after the play happened you mentioned the same thing in this thread and someone (I forget who) said that at the time Bowe was open Smith was running and had his back to Bowe. Are you sure that is not the case? Certainly Bowe was open for a few seconds, but Smith does not have eyes in the back of his head. Are you sure that Alex was actually in a position to see that Bowe was open? Honest question. Not at all intended to be argumentative.
    No. Alex was rolling right, and staring directly at Bowe. He just did not see it right.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No. Alex was rolling right, and staring directly at Bowe. He just did not see it right.
    Can you point me at a place I can see a replay? Not doubting you, I'd just like to see the play myself a few times and form my own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Can you point me at a place I can see a replay? Not doubting you, I'd just like to see the play myself a few times and form my own opinions.
    Arrowhead Pride has some good pics of this play. Look for the article "The blame game" by MNChiefsfan.
    Last edited by Bike; 11-24-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    SHUT IT